+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Havin a tune done

What a nightmare

Had the headers put on, had tune done by pete and it's been a nightmare since. Car runs like crap keep going back and forth between pete and dan still can't seem to get it straightened out. Never again. Haven't been able to drive the car for the past 3 weeks. Kind of defeats the purpose. Was looking forward to going to cruise nights, now, i can't even drive it out of my driveway.

somethings not right, there are thousands of mustangs with long tube header's installed. Something isn't adding up.
    -- Ian --
    2003 10th Aniv. Cobra Convertible Torch Red
    Born on 6/18/2003 / Build # 4357 / # 489 0f 10th Aniv
    1 of 369 Torch Red 10th Aniversary cars Built

2006 Vista Blue GT Deluxe,Dark Charcoal, Manual, 64W Chrome 18" Wheels,Spoiler Delete,IUP Satin, 14A,43A,17L
    Receipt Date- 01/25/06 Produced Date- 03/29/06 Arrival Date--- 04/11/06
    MODS: JLT CAI,SCT dyno tune by Pete, WebElectric sequential tail lights & pony corral, Pypes Violators, Front plate relocation,Hella 500 driving lights instead of fogs,GMS double strut brace & A-arm brace.
    2007 Alloy GT Premium Convertible,Charcoal w/Red Premium Trim Pkg.,Manual,64W wheels,3.55 gears,IUP charcoal.

I can't drive the car because cylinder 8 is misfiring. I'm about ready to take the headers off and go back to the factory set up. Does Pete do repairs or just tuning. Is there anyone locally that does both. I've called Dan and Josh said they were thinking of changing the 02 sensor which is fine by me but would have to look around and see what was available for 02 sensors?

Oh, I brought the car back to Pete's, and Josh said he pulled the plugs and the one's on one side were burned so he replaced the plugs but still have the problem.

Granite State Dyno & Tune in Hudson does tuning, mods and repairs. I've had nothing but good luck with them.

www.dynonh.com
    Bruce
    TFS TW heads, rockers, 75mm intake, cam, 75mm TB, CAI, MAF, DeatschWerks 35# injectors, Aeromotive rails/regulator, 255 pump, BeCool rad, alum water pump, MSD 6A/coil, alum flywheel, PP, driveshaft, McLeod clutch, Torsen T2R, 3.73, 31spline axles, 17" 95 Cobra R, NT-05 255/275, MM CC plates, coil-over (Bilstein), rlca, K-brace, A-arms, SF conns, Cobra brakes, =len shorties, 2.5" SS Hpipe, Borla CB...

Are you on Facebook? If so contact Rick Lacourse, NHMC club president...he does a lot of side work for a lot of guys in the club. He's one of the only people id let touch my car. He'll get you straight.
    -- Ian --
    2003 10th Aniv. Cobra Convertible Torch Red
    Born on 6/18/2003 / Build # 4357 / # 489 0f 10th Aniv
    1 of 369 Torch Red 10th Aniversary cars Built

Do you have a new SCT X4 tuner by any chance ? What year car is it ?

It's not petes tune it's something with your car he has tuned many a mustang with more mods than yours without issue.

2008 mustang gt kenne bell blown 610 rwp 540rwt

Quote Originally Posted by marinedad View Post
    I can't drive the car because cylinder 8 is misfiring. I'm about ready to take the headers off and go back to the factory set up. Does Pete do repairs or just tuning. Is there anyone locally that does both. I've called Dan and Josh said they were thinking of changing the 02 sensor which is fine by me but would have to look around and see what was available for 02 sensors?
    A cylinder misfire could be a bad coil pack

1994 GT Convertible
    1997 COBRA **SOLD**
    2003 GT Convertible
    2013 Mustang GT 5.0 **SOLD**
    2019 F150 Lariat Luxury

+ Reply to Thread