+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Cruise Night Update

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis O'Shea View Post
    I think everyone has cabin fever its been a long winter Just chill out It will all work out one way or another
    Give me another clue on what's under that car cover gramps!!!!!

1994 GT Convertible
    1997 COBRA **SOLD**
    2003 GT Convertible
    2013 Mustang GT 5.0 **SOLD**
    2019 F150 Lariat Luxury

Its Black and has four wheels And its very shiny
    Quote Originally Posted by LILBLKSNAKE View Post
    Give me another clue on what's under that car cover gramps!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 390gtconv View Post
    The beauty of Home Depot was ONLY couple traffic lights from Rte 93. Also closer for many folks from MA to show up PLUS a larger classic car crowd non-members.
    Thanks, George. My point exactly.
    Bruce
    TFS TW heads, rockers, 75mm intake, cam, 75mm TB, CAI, MAF, DeatschWerks 35# injectors, Aeromotive rails/regulator, 255 pump, BeCool rad, alum water pump, MSD 6A/coil, alum flywheel, PP, driveshaft, McLeod clutch, Torsen T2R, 3.73, 31spline axles, 17" 95 Cobra R, NT-05 255/275, MM CC plates, coil-over (Bilstein), rlca, K-brace, A-arms, SF conns, Cobra brakes, =len shorties, 2.5" SS Hpipe, Borla CB...

Quote Originally Posted by 390gtconv View Post
    The beauty of Home Depot was ONLY couple traffic lights from Rte 93. Also closer for many folks from MA to show up PLUS a larger classic car crowd non-members.
    +1 Bruce+George
    2006 Vista Blue GT Deluxe,Dark Charcoal, Manual, 64W Chrome 18" Wheels,Spoiler Delete,IUP Satin, 14A,43A,17L
    Receipt Date- 01/25/06 Produced Date- 03/29/06 Arrival Date--- 04/11/06
    MODS: JLT CAI,SCT dyno tune by Pete, WebElectric sequential tail lights & pony corral, Pypes Violators, Front plate relocation,Hella 500 driving lights instead of fogs,GMS double strut brace & A-arm brace.
    2007 Alloy GT Premium Convertible,Charcoal w/Red Premium Trim Pkg.,Manual,64W wheels,3.55 gears,IUP charcoal.

Lots of feedback on this issue, as I expected. And there certainly are a lot of differing opinions. When we left Home Depot and moved cruise night to Mel's, attendance dropped and dropped quickly to the point where there were only 15 to 20 cars showing up, and Mel's kept reducing our allotted parking spots. We tried a couple of other places in Derry (Walmart and the pizza place just off 93), but for whatever reason, tese didn't work out either. Advance Auto is a bit farther north, but not much. The big pluses to remaining at Advance Auto is that they give us plenty of parking, 20% off at Advance Auto, and 10% off at USA subs. And Dunkin Donuts and a couple of restaurants are within walking distance. Bass Pro Shops did not work out this year as they would only commit to 50 parking spots, and I think we all agree that is not a sufficient number. So we remain at Advance Auto for 2014, but we are trying some things to increase attendance:
    1. We will publicize our Cruise Night considerably more than in past years -- tons of flyers with member assistance to distribute them many other cruise and show events, and other clubs as well
    2. One cruise night for a birthday celebration party for the Mustang's 50th birthday this year. We will produce flyers to distribute for this event, ad send specific invitations to club members with specialty Mustangs who don't usually bring them out to cruise night.
    3. Another charity cruise night event. We already have one in Sept for the Ricky McGregor Memorial Scholarship charity. I was thinking of a second one for the NH Food Bank; setting up as sort of a challenge event to all other local clubs to see which club can bring the most in food donations.
    4. We could have another cruise night with a car/music trivia contest.

There are my thoughts, and now that the planning for World of Wheels, moving our Fall show to Canobie Lake Park, and deciding on where Cruise Night will be this year, it's time to get to the details for our Cruise Night events. So, any and all ideas are welcome...

2003 Cobra "Terminator" Convertible
    Last Dyno Run = 496 rear wheel hp, 490 foot pound of torque

Quote Originally Posted by whtmare View Post
    Cruise night could be in salem or concord nh when it comes down to who's gonna show it's still going to be the same group of people. hooksett is not that far I'd much rather take a nice ride around the lake on my way to cruise night in hooksett than go thru some stop and go highway/city traffic
    No, not so much - location is most definitely key. Since I've been in the club, we've had cruise nights at a number of places. Home Depot was by far the biggest and best.

Previous Cruise Night locations since I've been a member:
    Londonderry Burger King (exit 4): Great attendance, always filled the lot, outgrew the location.
    Londonderry Ben Franklin Plaza (exit 4): Good attendance, outgrew the lot and had landlord and customer traffic issues.
    Manchester Henry's Autobody (off Willow St): poor attendance, rarely more than 30 cars.
    Londonderry Home Depot (exit 4): Tremendously successful. Frequently over 100 cars, many times 200+.
    Litchfield Mel's Funway (couple miles past MHT airport): Mediocre attendance, normally 50-70 cars.
    Hooksett Advanced Auto (current): poor attendance, struggle to get 30+ cars. Max I think was what? 70? 80?
    Did I forget any?

Anyone see the pattern? Exit 4 off 93 seems to be the sweet spot. I think the current location is good, and has growth potential, but we a) have more competition, b) it's a bit far off the highway (and the road from 93 to Advance is sucky), and c) we really have not gotten the word out. It's a "club member" cruise, with only a few attendees who are not NHMC members or friends.
    If it's going to get bigger, we need more consistent attendees (yes, I'm guilty of not going often, too) and we need to get the word out -- maybe even saying this is the "same cruise night that used to be at Home Depot in Londonderry" since that one had some recognition.

I would LOVE to see it go back to Home Depot, but as Randy indicates above, I don't think it's going to happen.
    Last edited by SVT10th; 03-24-2014 at 09:21 AM.
    ---
    Jim

2010 Mercedes E550
    2000 Mazda Miata Special Edition

Sold: 2001 10th Anniversary Cobra #353
    1990 Mustang GT Convertible
    2002 Mustang GT

Quote Originally Posted by SVT10th View Post
    No, not so much - location is most definitely key. Since I've been in the club, we've had cruise nights at a number of places. Home Depot was by far the biggest and best.

Anyone see the pattern? Exit 4 off 93 seems to be the sweet spot.
    I have to agree with Jim 100% on this.
    Bruce
    TFS TW heads, rockers, 75mm intake, cam, 75mm TB, CAI, MAF, DeatschWerks 35# injectors, Aeromotive rails/regulator, 255 pump, BeCool rad, alum water pump, MSD 6A/coil, alum flywheel, PP, driveshaft, McLeod clutch, Torsen T2R, 3.73, 31spline axles, 17" 95 Cobra R, NT-05 255/275, MM CC plates, coil-over (Bilstein), rlca, K-brace, A-arms, SF conns, Cobra brakes, =len shorties, 2.5" SS Hpipe, Borla CB...

And the gas prices and economy were what back then gents??..I'm tapping out of the discussion at this point we can go round and round all we want it's in hooksett this year, lets all try and make it as much as possible to support the event.

2008 mustang gt kenne bell blown 610 rwp 540rwt

Quote Originally Posted by whtmare View Post
    And the gas prices and economy were what back then gents??..I'm tapping out of the discussion at this point we can go round and round all we want it's in hooksett this year, lets all try and make it as much as possible to support the event.
    Better than they are now. We're talking pre-2009. I think we started at HD in 07.

But, yes I agree. We're done here. Lets just all do what we can to promote the Cruise Night as it exists. Get the word out to everyone, promote it any way you can. Hand out flyers, post on forums. Talk it up at work, the dentist, workout club, where ever you might meet car enthusiasts.
    ---
    Jim

2010 Mercedes E550
    2000 Mazda Miata Special Edition

Sold: 2001 10th Anniversary Cobra #353
    1990 Mustang GT Convertible
    2002 Mustang GT

Quote Originally Posted by SVT10th View Post
    Get the word out to everyone, promote it any way you can. Hand out flyers, post on forums. Talk it up at work, the dentist, workout club, where ever you might meet car enthusiasts.
    I have to go to a workout club? Damn it. I quit this club!!!!
    Growing older but not UP

My car now has a heater, and now has HEAT!!

+ Reply to Thread