+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Not a member ... Yet!

Try to make a few weekend shows like Skips coming up this weekend. Sometimes cars for sale on field.

I'm still on the lookout for a nice stang...
    browsing cl when i saw a 72 mach 1.... looks decent. The owner wants $9500...
    Where's the catch?

I'll have to go see this one! 70's isn't my favorite shape, but that's still nice enough to get me in the stang club

If you got a minute, have a look and let me know what you think!

http://nh.craigslist.org/cto/4580468966.html

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Where's the catch?

I'll have to go see this one! 70's isn't my favorite shape, but that's still nice enough to get me in the stang club

Not a lot of detail in the pics, but it looks pretty clean. I suspect it's high miles judging by the overall condition. The "big body" Mustangs aren't worth as much as the previous ones, so $9500 seems reasonable if the car is in good condition.
    Definitely want to inspect it closely -- preferably bring someone with you who knows old Mustangs.

I am not an expert in the 71-73s, but according to The Mustang Source the '72s didn't come with a 429 -- but the 1971s did. So either this is a swapped engine or maybe it's really a 71....? (anyone know the styling difference between the two?)
    ---
    Jim

2010 Mercedes E550
    2000 Mazda Miata Special Edition

Sold: 2001 10th Anniversary Cobra #353
    1990 Mustang GT Convertible
    2002 Mustang GT

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Where's the catch?

For the $$$ looks ok. But as said 429 most likely not orig. So keep in mind if repair parts down the road avail for it. I can see some work done to it like distributor swapped out, gas tank maybe, steering wheel. Not bad things.
    Years ago my brother in-law had a think '72 with stock 351. Think they were know then to be one of the fastest production cars on the road. That was a Mach I with the 351 so a 429 is gonna perhaps have a heavy front end feel. Also worst thinh know with those cars was trying to see out the back window. Glass almost flat so VERY poor vision to see out the back. A bad rear vision blind spot.
    Last edited by 390gtconv; 07-24-2014 at 01:15 AM.

You guys rock
    I'll try to be at the next cruise night to discuss car stuff!

I did get a bit more details on the car, here's what I know:

The current owner had it for about three years now. the restore was done a
    few years before that. it is orig mach1 but not orig engine. the odo. says 80,000 and he was told the motor has about 30,000. very little rust.
    the paint has a few minor spots. and the interior is good but not perfect. it needs tires. the tread is good but tires have dry rot from sitting over the winter.
    other than that the owner says its been driving great. has a title and passes inspection no prob.

Can't wait to go see the little blue mach1 with my own eyes... And magnet !
    Last edited by Mike; 07-24-2014 at 01:07 AM.

I owned a 71' Mach 1 (my first Mustang!!!) with a 351C and I can say it was a little heavy in the front and a little "scary" at speeds over 100mph !!! The big long body was not as aerodynamic as it looks !!Some great memories, most I can't mention on the forum, with that Mustang. Overall, a real head turner and would a beast with a 429 in it.Good luck and check the bottom for rust before you make the plunge.

Thanks for the feedback!
    I'll probably be scared well before 100mph in a car older than me...
    I don't expect getting more than 10mpg either.

But I think that for the money... + 4 tires.. That'll make my 30th year on this planet wayyyy better
    If anyone interested in coming over to check it out, drinks on me!

Mhh, the ad has been deleted... Looks like I took too long to shoot on this one...

You should check out other cruise nights, too.

At Thirsday Night Candia, NH 1st Stop, exit 3 off 101E, there was at least 2 or 3 early Mustangs for sale.

There was a nice 1967 Coupe in the back row, 2 cars down from Mike's 66 Mustang, who attended the NH Mustang Club Cruise Night last week.

There was also a 1969 Copper colored fastback or mach 1? near the booth for sale.

And more cars were coming in when I left around 7pm.

Dan

Or go to Fri nite's Target cruz in Nashua on rte 101.

+ Reply to Thread