+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Are the Verts on Life support?

Are the Verts on Life support?

I never realized how low the sales were for Convertible cars in general....
    I used to think that it was because I lived up here in New England and that there were "more" of them in other parts of the country. NE just had a smaller market due to the weather that we have etc. etc.

I was shocked at the number I saw which was 1% of all car sales, are verts. That is a very small number for sure..... Lot's of makers are discontinuing them altogether from there models as well.

I wonder how this developed over time? Was it price? Safety?
    SVT COBRA

I'd say now that the 2015 pricing puts a $10K premium on verts, they are on life support. Too bad - I just don't see the justification for that much of a premium.
    Bruce
    TFS TW heads, rockers, 75mm intake, cam, 75mm TB, CAI, MAF, DeatschWerks 35# injectors, Aeromotive rails/regulator, 255 pump, BeCool rad, alum water pump, MSD 6A/coil, alum flywheel, PP, driveshaft, McLeod clutch, Torsen T2R, 3.73, 31spline axles, 17" 95 Cobra R, NT-05 255/275, MM CC plates, coil-over (Bilstein), rlca, K-brace, A-arms, SF conns, Cobra brakes, =len shorties, 2.5" SS Hpipe, Borla CB...

I'd never own another hardtop Mustang. I was just telling Jibber today that I'd like to find a nice 1993 Summer Edition car or a 90 7Up LX.

1994 GT Convertible
    1997 COBRA **SOLD**
    2003 GT Convertible
    2013 Mustang GT 5.0 **SOLD**
    2019 F150 Lariat Luxury

Many years ago for several yrs, only Chrysler was making verts. Then they became popular again. So I'd guess it goes in cycles.

how can you put a post up like this with no links for verification of those statements.

four words: Financial Crisis of 2008: frivolous or extra expenditures have all but disappeared. The convertible just happens to be one of those statistics. It costs extra, so people pass to save money.

I'll help this argument gain some credibility: http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/...bound/2514601/

Ten years ago, there were about 800,0000 annual sales in Verts....today that number is down to just over 450,000. ( site this article ) http://www.businessweek.com/articles...n-freedom-dims

They will come back, as mentioned...it's all cyclical. Just like with fashion, what's old is new again at some point. In the mean time, I'll enjoy my convertible every chance I get!!
    -- Ian --
    2003 10th Aniv. Cobra Convertible Torch Red
    Born on 6/18/2003 / Build # 4357 / # 489 0f 10th Aniv
    1 of 369 Torch Red 10th Aniversary cars Built

I got the info from reading the current volume of Motor Trend magazine. Yes...I still get a "copy" sent to me in the Mail. You know that service that delivers things to your home? Gets dropped off in a box?
    I hope your not one of those clowns who believe everything you read on the Internet. Then again, that does answer a few questions I have about you.

So, look it up online if you must. Paste the link. Do what you gotta do. Just Don't insult my integrity again. I wouldn't just post up nonsense for the sake of posting up nonsense. We already have some people in charge of that dept.
    SVT COBRA

You can't lie on the internet!

hahahah Kev, all you had to do was state where you got the info from.....you missed my point.

In your case it turns out you are right.....as pointed out, half of what you see on the internet is wrong, so you gotta call people out on it.
    -- Ian --
    2003 10th Aniv. Cobra Convertible Torch Red
    Born on 6/18/2003 / Build # 4357 / # 489 0f 10th Aniv
    1 of 369 Torch Red 10th Aniversary cars Built

Jim- that's the best commercial ever- BON JOUR!!!!

1994 GT Convertible
    1997 COBRA **SOLD**
    2003 GT Convertible
    2013 Mustang GT 5.0 **SOLD**
    2019 F150 Lariat Luxury

Quote Originally Posted by TorchredSVT View Post
    hahahah Kev, all you had to do was state where you got the info from.....you missed my point.

In your case it turns out you are right.....as pointed out, half of what you see on the internet is wrong, so you gotta call people out on it.
    Thanks buddy!
    SVT COBRA

+ Reply to Thread