+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: General Observations at Car shows/cruise nights.

Banned
    There are less and less of us driving the 60's and 70's era cars.

You should see the looks I get when I tell people I drive my 66 GT to work a few days a week.

I get the thumbs up from all generations. I think because its got a lot of flash and the Vista Blue color really pops.I hear people talk about the "beautiful paint" a lot.I hear so many comments on the cleanliness of the car and most people love the engine bay and the airbrushing under the hood. I think its the "retro styling " of the 05/09 years that gives it a little old school look and the modern look of today, a cool mix of both new and old.It is interesting to hear the comments from the "power guys" and the need to have the most horsepower and then the "OMG !!" people that are about attention to details and the many mods that are on my car. Thats one reason why I love going to the shows and cruises, comments are interesting from all generations. It is really about personalization. Some like "the show" ,some people like "the go", its all up to the individual. One way or the other, its all good !!!

As an owner of a rare classic and having been in club a long time, I'm sad that there are few & and fewer classics both on the road and showing up at shows. Ya I get the attention any nice classic gets but wish there were more of us driving them. It is a lot of work keeping a classic detailed, but love it. I notice a lot of women love my color Clearwater Aqua. Both young and old appreciate classics but I love to watch the reaction of older car guys look inside my car to see it's a factory 4spd, which is rare for most any classic. As Jay Leno once said something like " a true sports car has a standard shift".

I love to watch the double takes while driving.
    Last edited by 390gtconv; 07-16-2014 at 10:48 AM.

+ Reply to Thread