+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Pothole ate my tire

Pothole ate my tire

On my way back from work on Rt 93 N around exit 36 and a pothole flattened my right passenger side tire. I got towed back to Atkinson and found a small hole on the tread. If I plug the tire will it be safe? I've plugged tires on my truck but that's a different animal

Was looking forward to Cruise Night but not going to happen now. Roads are so bad in MA

Quote Originally Posted by scottb00 View Post
    On my way back from work on Rt 93 N around exit 36 and a pothole flattened my right passenger side tire. I got towed back to Atkinson and found a small hole on the tread. If I plug the tire will it be safe? I've plugged tires on my truck but that's a different animal

Was looking forward to Cruise Night but not going to happen now. Roads are so bad in MA
    Doing a tire plug on bottom or area with tread is ok. Some prefer inside patch.
    What won't work is a sidewall patch, to much tire sidewall flexing.

What George said +1

However, if you driving, umm..., "Sportingly" -- it might be safest to just buy a new one. Having the plug let go at speed would be kind of exciting....
    ---
    Jim

2010 Mercedes E550
    2000 Mazda Miata Special Edition

Sold: 2001 10th Anniversary Cobra #353
    1990 Mustang GT Convertible
    2002 Mustang GT

Roads are so bad in MA
    I agree with you completely.. I've said this many times and in fact I've said they are probably some of the worst in the country!!!
    Some of the guys on this forum from Mass will disagree though..... Must be brain washed or something....

Sorry about your tire. That really sucks.
    SVT COBRA

Thanks for the advice. I may just buy a new tire for peace of mind. Car is sitting in the garage with a flat still. I will take it off on Saturday and assess the damage

Quote Originally Posted by Jibber View Post
    I agree with you completely.. I've said this many times and in fact I've said they are probably some of the worst in the country!!!
    Some of the guys on this forum from Mass will disagree though..... Must be brain washed or something....

Sorry about your tire. That really sucks.
    Here's a news flash, roads in NH aren't any better. Funny how I have had my light weight aluminum racing wheels for over a month and had zero issues with the "rough" MA roads. #laughable
    -- Ian --
    2003 10th Aniv. Cobra Convertible Torch Red
    Born on 6/18/2003 / Build # 4357 / # 489 0f 10th Aniv
    1 of 369 Torch Red 10th Aniversary cars Built

Personally, on a car that has a ton of torque, only way I'd ever consider patching is taking the tire off and patching from the inside. As mentioned, plugs aren't a great long term solution
    -- Ian --

Quote Originally Posted by TorchredSVT View Post
    Here's a news flash, roads in NH aren't any better. Funny how I have had my light weight aluminum racing wheels for over a month and had zero issues with the "rough" MA roads. #laughable
    "Rough" MA roads is an understatement. Brainwashing has worked... Or your just gullible.
    SVT COBRA

I just drove around NH yesterday in the mustang and I will say that it was PRETTY bumpy on main Rts.

If I recall, isn't exit 36 under construction right now so it IS all dug up and milled? Or is that just past and they are about to fix it?
    Growing older but not UP

My car now has a heater, and now has HEAT!!

Quote Originally Posted by chachee52 View Post
    I just drove around NH yesterday in the mustang and I will say that it was PRETTY bumpy on main Rts.

If I recall, isn't exit 36 under construction right now so it IS all dug up and milled? Or is that just past and they are about to fix it?
    Don't you mean 93 north that will be under construction for the next 10 years because NH can't handle large infrastructure projects? I mean, thankfully it's not the only major highway that goes into NH or anything.
    -- Ian --

+ Reply to Thread