+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Burlington Vt

Burlington Vt

Jen and I are heading to the Burlington VT area this summer. I've been up a couple times with friends back in College but never really stayed in the area. Anyone have any nice places to stay? It doesn't even have to be in Burlington, we are planning on doing a bunch of day trips from there. Hopefully bring the kayaks up and do some paddling in the area as well.
    Also any places that are a cool place to chill out for a day?
    Thanks for suggestions.
    Growing older but not UP

My car now has a heater, and now has HEAT!!

A great ride is to take Rt 2 North from Burlington, then come back down the west side of the lake and take any one of the 3 ferrys back across the lake to Burlington area. Just north of Burlington, North Beach is a great place to hang for the day, a state park with kayak facilities, picnic areas, and a great beach. A bike path goes right thru Burlington along the lake and ends on a causeway out a couple of miles in the lake. Bikes are available for rent in downtown area. Be sure to walk Church St. in Downtown Burlington.

I don't recall any specific motel but we have always stayed just south of town on the Shelburne road, good selection of hotels, close to several restaurants, and fairly reasonable. Great area, enjoy.

...and I think going topless for all is legal in Burlington. So Todd you can go topless kayaking. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Comire View Post
    I don't recall any specific motel but we have always stayed just south of town on the Shelburne road, good selection of hotels, close to several restaurants, and fairly reasonable. Great area, enjoy.
    We have been looking in that town actually for the places to stay. You are right, they are more reasonable.

As for North Beach, that sounds like a great place to hang out! We'll probably bring the kayaks and bikes too.
    Growing older but not UP

Check out magic hat brewery

2008 mustang gt kenne bell blown 610 rwp 540rwt

I go to Burlington and surrounding towns where the Ford dealers are a lot. A couple of hotels next to Heritage Ford are nice with 4 restaurants near by, a Buffalo Wildwings not far heading towards downtown, same plaza there is a Price Chopper grocery store for snacks, food, drinks etc.,Vermont Teddy Bear Factory not far, and if you head on exit 10 towards Stowe, the original Ben and Jerrys ice cream factory. Go downtown if you can, a ton of real nice restaurants and taverns with brick streets. You will have a blast !!!

Quote Originally Posted by chachee52 View Post
    and bikes too.
    Didn't know you were a bike dude. Bring the bikes and ride the Burlington Bike path, it goes along the lake, past North Beach, over the Winooski River, and connects with Island Line Trail, a bike path that is a "do not miss". The bridge over the Winooski usually has a bunch of young'uns jumping off the top of it, there are place to buy cold drinks along the trail, and there is a bike ferry to take you across a cut in the causeway to extend your ride if you like. The Winooski
    is also a great river for paddling, ask locally about put ins etc.

Quote Originally Posted by whtmare View Post
    Check out magic hat brewery
    I'm allergic to beer, but have heard the one in Montpelier is awesome. My buddy went o college right down the street and practically lived there.

Quote Originally Posted by 07 stang gt View Post
    I go to Burlington and surrounding towns where the Ford dealers are a lot. A couple of hotels next to Heritage Ford are nice with 4 restaurants near by, a Buffalo Wildwings not far heading towards downtown, same plaza there is a Price Chopper grocery store for snacks, food, drinks etc.,Vermont Teddy Bear Factory not far, and if you head on exit 10 towards Stowe, the original Ben and Jerrys ice cream factory. Go downtown if you can, a ton of real nice restaurants and taverns with brick streets. You will have a blast !!!
    I'll check it out.

And remember I have been to Burlington, so we will be heading to Church St often. I just haven't been there since the college years.
    Growing older but not UP

Quote Originally Posted by chachee52 View Post
    Jen and I are heading to the Burlington VT area this summer. I've been up a couple times with friends back in College but never really stayed in the area. Anyone have any nice places to stay? It doesn't even have to be in Burlington, we are planning on doing a bunch of day trips from there. Hopefully bring the kayaks up and do some paddling in the area as well.
    Also any places that are a cool place to chill out for a day?
    Thanks for suggestions.
    Just saw your post. I live in Colchester, just a few miles away from Burlington. I'm sure I met you at the Mt Sunapee car show last August. I had the red '70 Boss 302. A lot of great suggestions from the members here for things to do in the Burlington area. I would add if you like kayaking, the Waterbury reservoir is a beautiful spot. Very large and scenic. If you'd like to meet up with some car people, we have a cruise-in on Wednesday and Thursday nights. I can give you more info if you'd like. Would be great to meet you also and we could have lunch or dinner, perhaps at one of the spots on the Lake in Burlington.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Vtstang View Post
    Just saw your post. I live in Colchester, just a few miles away from Burlington. I'm sure I met you at the Mt Sunapee car show last August. I had the red '70 Boss 302. A lot of great suggestions from the members here for things to do in the Burlington area. I would add if you like kayaking, the Waterbury reservoir is a beautiful spot. Very large and scenic. If you'd like to meet up with some car people, we have a cruise-in on Wednesday and Thursday nights. I can give you more info if you'd like. Would be great to meet you also and we could have lunch or dinner, perhaps at one of the spots on the Lake in Burlington.

Steve
    Cool, thanks for the invite. As of right now we are planning on going up right after the Mustang Mania show in July. So I'll keep you informed of what we plan on doing.
    Growing older but not UP

+ Reply to Thread