+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Odometer readings

Odometer readings

I replaced my gauge/dash pod in the GT over the winter. I am now the proud owner of a 90 GT with only 17000 miles!

Does anyone know if I have to fill out some form or another before I register the car again? Or does mileage only come into play if/when I sell the car and have to fill out the NH DMV Mileage Disclosure form.

Also -- as I write this, I realized I still owe George for the gauge pod.....
    ---
    Jim

2010 Mercedes E550
    2000 Mazda Miata Special Edition

Sold: 2001 10th Anniversary Cobra #353
    1990 Mustang GT Convertible
    2002 Mustang GT

You don't need to do anything until you sell it. Until then, the State of NH doesn't care how much mileage you have, but it will sure look fishy on the Carfax if you do anything that will get recorded there!
    Bruce
    TFS TW heads, rockers, 75mm intake, cam, 75mm TB, CAI, MAF, DeatschWerks 35# injectors, Aeromotive rails/regulator, 255 pump, BeCool rad, alum water pump, MSD 6A/coil, alum flywheel, PP, driveshaft, McLeod clutch, Torsen T2R, 3.73, 31spline axles, 17" 95 Cobra R, NT-05 255/275, MM CC plates, coil-over (Bilstein), rlca, K-brace, A-arms, SF conns, Cobra brakes, =len shorties, 2.5" SS Hpipe, Borla CB...

Do you have any pics?

Quote Originally Posted by SVT10th View Post
    I replaced my gauge/dash pod in the GT over the winter. I am now the proud owner of a 90 GT with only 17000 miles!

Does anyone know if I have to fill out some form or another before I register the car again? Or does mileage only come into play if/when I sell the car and have to fill out the NH DMV Mileage Disclosure form.

Also -- as I write this, I realized I still owe George for the gauge pod.....
    Jim, I've been asked this question before. And according to Rick Menard it's not that hard to reset the odometer reading to match what you had. In the days, he had to do it all the time when selling them to fix insurance claim cars. Perhaps Google it or I can ask him if need be.

Yea Sam Lite. lol

Quote Originally Posted by 390gtconv View Post
    Jim, I've been asked this question before. And according to Rick Menard it's not that hard to reset the odometer reading to match what you had. In the days, he had to do it all the time when selling them to fix insurance claim cars. Perhaps Google it or I can ask him if need be.

Yea Sam Lite. lol
    Sam Lite -- you got it!

I guess if the state doesn't care, I won't worry about it. I'll put a decal on the speedo stating correct mileage offset. When I sell this, I doubt the next owner will care much -- even the true mileage is pretty low. (about 67,000)
    ---
    Jim

2010 Mercedes E550
    2000 Mazda Miata Special Edition

Sold: 2001 10th Anniversary Cobra #353
    1990 Mustang GT Convertible
    2002 Mustang GT

Aren't those mechanical anyways? Why wouldn't you just spin it up to match the original mileage?
    -- Ian --
    2003 10th Aniv. Cobra Convertible Torch Red
    Born on 6/18/2003 / Build # 4357 / # 489 0f 10th Aniv
    1 of 369 Torch Red 10th Aniversary cars Built

Quote Originally Posted by TorchredSVT View Post
    Aren't those mechanical anyways? Why wouldn't you just spin it up to match the original mileage?
    Yes they are mechanical and can be changed (for the right reasons of coarse).

I've been told you can just hook a speedo cable to it and use an electric drill to turn the cable. Never tried it myself as I never needed to.
    Bruce
    TFS TW heads, rockers, 75mm intake, cam, 75mm TB, CAI, MAF, DeatschWerks 35# injectors, Aeromotive rails/regulator, 255 pump, BeCool rad, alum water pump, MSD 6A/coil, alum flywheel, PP, driveshaft, McLeod clutch, Torsen T2R, 3.73, 31spline axles, 17" 95 Cobra R, NT-05 255/275, MM CC plates, coil-over (Bilstein), rlca, K-brace, A-arms, SF conns, Cobra brakes, =len shorties, 2.5" SS Hpipe, Borla CB...

Quote Originally Posted by ToplessPony94 View Post
    I've been told you can just hook a speedo cable to it and use an electric drill to turn the cable. Never tried it myself as I never needed to.
    I have read that also
    -- Ian --
    2003 10th Aniv. Cobra Convertible Torch Red
    Born on 6/18/2003 / Build # 4357 / # 489 0f 10th Aniv
    1 of 369 Torch Red 10th Aniversary cars Built

Quote Originally Posted by TorchredSVT View Post
    I have read that also
    Yes older cars & drill in reverse.
    Ask Ferris Bueller......

+ Reply to Thread