+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Tilton NH Veterans Show

Quote Originally Posted by chachee52 View Post
    I would definitely put this on my must go to shows just to see the joy of the vets looking at the cars.
    Couldn't have said it better. This is my first time there and I will make sure it's on my calendar next year and into the future. These guys (and gals!) who served our country are mostly bound to wheelchairs and they are just so grateful to have the show brought to them. The smiles on their faces and in their eyes is just grand. And it's so little to give back to them for what they gave. It also gives us a chance to personally thank them for their contribution. It certainly brings to mind the saying, "Some gave all, all gave some."

<insert salute here/>
    Bruce
    TFS TW heads, rockers, 75mm intake, cam, 75mm TB, CAI, MAF, DeatschWerks 35# injectors, Aeromotive rails/regulator, 255 pump, BeCool rad, alum water pump, MSD 6A/coil, alum flywheel, PP, driveshaft, McLeod clutch, Torsen T2R, 3.73, 31spline axles, 17" 95 Cobra R, NT-05 255/275, MM CC plates, coil-over (Bilstein), rlca, K-brace, A-arms, SF conns, Cobra brakes, =len shorties, 2.5" SS Hpipe, Borla CB...

I went to the one they held a couple of years ago (it hasn't been held in a couple of year due to construction).
    And I had the same feeling. Was definitely the most rewarding event I've ever been too.

Had one wheelchair-bound gentleman (Korea vet) talk me up about superchargers for probably 20 minutes. He used to mess around with superchargers in hot rods back in the early 60s. He was amazed to see a factory-built car with a supercharger.

Kudos to those of you who made it this year.
    ---
    Jim

2010 Mercedes E550
    2000 Mazda Miata Special Edition

Sold: 2001 10th Anniversary Cobra #353
    1990 Mustang GT Convertible
    2002 Mustang GT

+ Reply to Thread