+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Now he's ready for Carlisle

Now he's ready for Carlisle

I had the pleasure over the weekend to detail Bruces 1994 convertible. He had the usual wear and tear, scratches and swirls, and some areas that needed more attention than others. The 20 year old paint needs to be seen now in person, pictures do not do it any justice, the color really pops now !! My neighbor says the paint looks like you dipped it in candy apple coating. Here are some before and after pics. Bruces 94 vert 009.jpgBruces 94 vert 012.jpgBruces 94 vert 013.jpgBruces 94 vert 017.jpgBruces 94 vert 020.jpgBruces 94 vert 024.jpgBruces 94 vert 026.jpgBruces 94 vert 028.jpgBruces 94 vert 031.jpgBruces 94 vert 034.jpgBruces 94 vert 010.jpgBruces 94 vert 043.jpgBobs 4 runner 018.jpgBruces 94 vert 046.jpgBruces 94 vert 015.jpgBruces 94 vert 044.jpgBruces 94 vert 047.jpgBruces 94 vert 048.jpgBruces 94 vert 049.jpgBruces 94 vert 053.jpgBruces 94 vert 054.jpgBruces 94 vert 051.jpgBruces 94 vert 057.jpgBruces 94 vert 055.jpg

Do not know how the 4 Runner pic creeped in there but that came out nice too !! Here are the pics that should have been posted. To early in a.m. to post I guess !!Bruces 94 vert 018.jpgBruces 94 vert 035.jpg

quite the transformation, look great as always
    -- Ian --
    2003 10th Aniv. Cobra Convertible Torch Red
    Born on 6/18/2003 / Build # 4357 / # 489 0f 10th Aniv
    1 of 369 Torch Red 10th Aniversary cars Built

Everyone knows that black looks great when it's detailed, but i think red is the most "transformative" color -- it changes the most between before and after.

That looks absolutely stunning. Nice Job Jimmy and congrats Bruce -- it's like you have a new car!
    ---
    Jim

2010 Mercedes E550
    2000 Mazda Miata Special Edition

Sold: 2001 10th Anniversary Cobra #353
    1990 Mustang GT Convertible
    2002 Mustang GT

It does look awesome nice job But make mine "Black"
    Quote Originally Posted by SVT10th View Post
    Everyone knows that black looks great when it's detailed, but i think red is the most "transformative" color -- it changes the most between before and after.

That looks absolutely stunning. Nice Job Jimmy and congrats Bruce -- it's like you have a new car!

Quote Originally Posted by SVT10th View Post
    congrats Bruce -- it's like you have a new car!
    Thanks Jim! Yes, almost. Even the amazing Jimmy can't take 20 year off a car, but I swear that except for the cracks in the folds of the top, the car looks better today than the day I picked it up at the dealer 20 years ago. To say I was stunned and amazed is an understatement.

Thanks, Jimmy - great job. Now I just pray it doesn't meet with rain until Carlisle is over! Besides, with the top down the cracks in the fabric don't show! We're rolling at 9:30AM from Hudson on Thursday if there are any last minute decisions to come along!
    Bruce
    TFS TW heads, rockers, 75mm intake, cam, 75mm TB, CAI, MAF, DeatschWerks 35# injectors, Aeromotive rails/regulator, 255 pump, BeCool rad, alum water pump, MSD 6A/coil, alum flywheel, PP, driveshaft, McLeod clutch, Torsen T2R, 3.73, 31spline axles, 17" 95 Cobra R, NT-05 255/275, MM CC plates, coil-over (Bilstein), rlca, K-brace, A-arms, SF conns, Cobra brakes, =len shorties, 2.5" SS Hpipe, Borla CB...

Quote Originally Posted by ToplessPony94 View Post
    Thanks Jim! Yes, almost. Even the amazing Jimmy can't take 20 year off a car, but I swear that except for the cracks in the folds of the top, the car looks better today than the day I picked it up at the dealer 20 years ago. To say I was stunned and amazed is an understatement.

Thanks, Jimmy - great job. Now I just pray it doesn't meet with rain until Carlisle is over! Besides, with the top down the cracks in the fabric don't show! We're rolling at 9:30AM from Hudson on Thursday if there are any last minute decisions to come along!
    Thanks for the comments and you are quite welcome as well !!It is really amazing how the red color really did change. The metallic in the red looks great now, only a machine with great products (and technique!!) can get the paint back to a perfect starting point and then thats where the transfornation starts. If you look at the before and after, especially the one in my second post where the tape on the door shows only one pass made with the machine and the other side of the tape not touched yet with a machine only with a clay bar, you can see that the scratches are starting to be eliminated BUT look at the metalflake, now not hidden behind the swirls and scratches, it appears bright and along with the red color of the paint, is now showing itself the way it was mixed at the factory. That was only one step of the three step paint correction that was done. Some cars require only a two step paint correction, depends on what condition the paint is in, and how far you want to take it.As you know, Bruce takes great care of his car and it looked pretty good,now it has 20 years taken off it and is back to as close to perfect as can be. You really should see it in person, looks completley different than before. LOVE the color. Bruces car was stripped washed to rermove old wax etc., then clay barred, then a 3 step paint correction was done with a machine (Severe swirl remover,Paint correcting polish, Paint finshing polish) then hand applied glaze, then buttery wax ws applied, so it's really a 7 step process to get it like it is today. That did not include the wheels/tires being done, clay barring all windows and appying glaze to them etc etc, a lot of work, but very satisfying.Barry, YOUR NEXT !!!!

+ Reply to Thread