+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bud show -- theme for this year?

Bud show -- theme for this year?

So last year Rick came up with the idea of doing a theme for the show every year....last year of course being the 10 yr anniversary of the terminator

Now that we are about two months away from this year, was looking for idea's to pitch to rick for a theme.

Kevin suggested incorporated the 50th , which is a good idea.

My suggestion would be picking a car from each generation from 64 to 2014 and line them up to honor the 50th anniversary. Might be tough logistically cause some one would be parked apart from thier friends.

What are some of yours?
    -- Ian --
    2003 10th Aniv. Cobra Convertible Torch Red
    Born on 6/18/2003 / Build # 4357 / # 489 0f 10th Aniv
    1 of 369 Torch Red 10th Aniversary cars Built

An "Original Owners" display of 1st gen Mustangs. But I have no idea if any or how many are in the club.

"Survivors" display -- any Mustang 20+ yo, that is "factory original" -- has never been restored or modified (beyond normal replacement items. We ain't no Concours show....)

"Specialty Mustangs" display -- a representation of the variety created by the factory and dealer networks featuring special edition Mustangs like Tasca's editions, Bosses, GT350/500s, Cobras, McLarens, Saleens, etc. Again, probably have to be limited to cars 10-20 yo or more, or a single example of each type.
    ---
    Jim

2010 Mercedes E550
    2000 Mazda Miata Special Edition

Sold: 2001 10th Anniversary Cobra #353
    1990 Mustang GT Convertible
    2002 Mustang GT

Cars that have been shot at! C'mon Ian someone had to

2008 mustang gt kenne bell blown 610 rwp 540rwt

Quote Originally Posted by TorchredSVT View Post
    My suggestion would be picking a car from each generation from 64 to 2014 and line them up to honor the 50th anniversary. Might be tough logistically cause some one would be parked apart from thier friends.
    I very much like this idea. I would be willing to participate. The show isn't so big that I can't walk a minute to hang out with my friends. I usually do that anyway unless it's stupid hot - then I just find a tree to sit under.
    Bruce
    TFS TW heads, rockers, 75mm intake, cam, 75mm TB, CAI, MAF, DeatschWerks 35# injectors, Aeromotive rails/regulator, 255 pump, BeCool rad, alum water pump, MSD 6A/coil, alum flywheel, PP, driveshaft, McLeod clutch, Torsen T2R, 3.73, 31spline axles, 17" 95 Cobra R, NT-05 255/275, MM CC plates, coil-over (Bilstein), rlca, K-brace, A-arms, SF conns, Cobra brakes, =len shorties, 2.5" SS Hpipe, Borla CB...

Quote Originally Posted by SVT10th View Post
    An "Original Owners" display of 1st gen Mustangs. But I have no idea if any or how many are in the club.

"Survivors" display -- any Mustang 20+ yo, that is "factory original" -- has never been restored or modified (beyond normal replacement items. We ain't no Concours show....)

"Specialty Mustangs" display -- a representation of the variety created by the factory and dealer networks featuring special edition Mustangs like Tasca's editions, Bosses, GT350/500s, Cobras, McLarens, Saleens, etc. Again, probably have to be limited to cars 10-20 yo or more, or a single example of each type.
    I think all of the above good idea but combined a very small group.

Quote Originally Posted by TorchredSVT View Post
    So last year Rick came up with the idea of doing a theme for the show every year....last year of course being the 10 yr anniversary of the terminator

Now that we are about two months away from this year, was looking for idea's to pitch to rick for a theme.

Kevin suggested incorporated the 50th , which is a good idea.

What are some of yours?
    Good thoughts doing line up. Will be some open slots, most likely 72-78.
    My thoughts:
    IF possible offer some simple 50th t shirts. Or maybe just a hat if easier to do????
    To go with line up theme, put together a list of trivia on stangs covering 50th. Post it at show. people submit answers, draw a bunch for correct answer and win "something"

Banned
    I am not a member of the club but if you do the lineup and need a 66 let me know.

I can see it now A sign on Ian's car.The only Bullitt Terminator The only One A One of One Low Miles A rare find. Come see it a Barrett Jackson next year in Scottsdale Az its a seven figure car all day long
    Quote Originally Posted by whtmare View Post
    Cars that have been shot at! C'mon Ian someone had to

Is this the show at the bud plant in merrimack? What's the date for that?

Quote Originally Posted by mpbjr30 View Post
    Is this the show at the bud plant in merrimack? What's the date for that?
    Here's a list/thread of all the events planned so far. The Bud show is on July 20th
    http://forums.nhmustangclub.com/show...19-2014-Events
    Growing older but not UP

My car now has a heater, and now has HEAT!!

+ Reply to Thread