+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: So I guess Clay is dead?

Quote Originally Posted by TorchredSVT View Post
    George, that's why you use the "two bucket method".....one bucket to rinse the sponge/rag/clay and one bucket that's ONLY clean water

and there is no way you can clay a whole car with out having to take the clay bar off the paint to reset, re-kneed. Clay is just as abrasive to paint as this mitt would be.

Technology changes guys, its the way of the world.
    Ya I know "kneading" is a continuous process along with the spray and wipe, AS spelled out in the instructions on the box.
    The Clay bar manufactures state their clay bars when used properly are non-abrasive. , when used with the spray.
    The thought here is when I wash a car with sponge or mitt and when done the bonded contaminants are still there, why would another sponge lift those contaminants off and keep away from wiping immediately? A clay bar is tacky by nature, and as you "wipe, knead, wipe, no immediate risks to scratching. It suspends the contaminants. Not dependant on person going to rinsing sponge every 5 seconds.
    I would be interested to see & feel a hood done half sides done both ways to fell which is smoother w/o scratching. I feel using a product that's tacky enough to lift embedded contaminants clean finish quickly w/o scratching is way to go. Just my .02

And we all know NEW technolgy is NOT always better, sometimes just cheaper.

But which is better Facebook or the Forum???

1994 GT Convertible
    1997 COBRA **SOLD**
    2003 GT Convertible
    2013 Mustang GT 5.0 **SOLD**
    2019 F150 Lariat Luxury

Quote Originally Posted by LILBLKSNAKE View Post
    But which is better Facebook or the Forum???
    Not going there again. Maybe someone else will take the bait.
    Bruce
    TFS TW heads, rockers, 75mm intake, cam, 75mm TB, CAI, MAF, DeatschWerks 35# injectors, Aeromotive rails/regulator, 255 pump, BeCool rad, alum water pump, MSD 6A/coil, alum flywheel, PP, driveshaft, McLeod clutch, Torsen T2R, 3.73, 31spline axles, 17" 95 Cobra R, NT-05 255/275, MM CC plates, coil-over (Bilstein), rlca, K-brace, A-arms, SF conns, Cobra brakes, =len shorties, 2.5" SS Hpipe, Borla CB...

"Alert Alert Alert" this thread has been jacked "Alert Alert Alert"

Quote Originally Posted by lilblksnake View Post
    but which is better facebook or the forum???
    Last edited by Dennis O'Shea; 05-24-2014 at 11:49 AM.

+ Reply to Thread