+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: What do you think of this combo Jimmy?

I honestly haven't washed the car with soap and water in probably 3 years, just been maintaining with quick detail. I only clay specific spots on the car that need it.

valid point about Jimmy doing the correction, it does make sense and I would have no problem with that.......BUT, I still want to learn how to be able to do this on my own.

I need to think about this
    -- Ian --
    2003 10th Aniv. Cobra Convertible Torch Red
    Born on 6/18/2003 / Build # 4357 / # 489 0f 10th Aniv
    1 of 369 Torch Red 10th Aniversary cars Built

Few years ago prez Rick set up a "tech session" for the club @ Prestige's auto body shop with one of Dave's detailers. About 8 of us there to watch & learn do's & don'ts. Maybe something like that could be done again???

Have a Saturday Morning Detail clinic And have Jimmy, show who attends some pointer's.It will be good for all that go and Jimmy could offer some of the products he uses for sale I would be glad to offer my Garage there's plenty of room and it has ample lighting.Maybe Ian would volunteer his car the test car. You could do it as a Saturday morning Car's and coffee I would gladly supply the Donuts Might be fun.
    Last edited by Dennis O'Shea; 05-22-2014 at 07:22 PM.

If Jimmy wants to teach Ian how to use a porter cable, he can learn on Kelly's car before I take it in to fix it for the hit-and-run incident

1994 GT Convertible
    1997 COBRA **SOLD**
    2003 GT Convertible
    2013 Mustang GT 5.0 **SOLD**
    2019 F150 Lariat Luxury

Quote Originally Posted by 390gtconv View Post
    Few years ago prez Rick set up a "tech session" for the club @ Prestige's auto body shop with one of Dave's detailers. About 8 of us there to watch & learn do's & don'ts. Maybe something like that could be done again???
    That must have been a while ago. To the best of my knowledge there hasn't been a tech session since I joined the club. Some were scheduled but I'm not aware of any that actually happened.
    Bruce
    TFS TW heads, rockers, 75mm intake, cam, 75mm TB, CAI, MAF, DeatschWerks 35# injectors, Aeromotive rails/regulator, 255 pump, BeCool rad, alum water pump, MSD 6A/coil, alum flywheel, PP, driveshaft, McLeod clutch, Torsen T2R, 3.73, 31spline axles, 17" 95 Cobra R, NT-05 255/275, MM CC plates, coil-over (Bilstein), rlca, K-brace, A-arms, SF conns, Cobra brakes, =len shorties, 2.5" SS Hpipe, Borla CB...

Quote Originally Posted by ToplessPony94 View Post
    That must have been a while ago. To the best of my knowledge there hasn't been a tech session since I joined the club. Some were scheduled but I'm not aware of any that actually happened.
    I went to a few mechanical sessions. The detailing one @ Prestige was right after a pizza meeting I think.
    One mech one @ Rick's current place, another one at a business, not sure where.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis O'Shea View Post
    Have a Saturday Morning Detail clinic And have Jimmy, show who attends some pointer's.It will be good for all that go and Jimmy could offer some of the products he uses for sale I would be glad to offer my Garage there's plenty of room and it has ample lighting.Maybe Ian would volunteer his car the test car. You could do it as a Saturday morning Car's and coffee I would gladly supply the Donuts Might be fun.
    Good idea, be happy to volunteer my car

and LOL Ed
    -- Ian --
    2003 10th Aniv. Cobra Convertible Torch Red
    Born on 6/18/2003 / Build # 4357 / # 489 0f 10th Aniv
    1 of 369 Torch Red 10th Aniversary cars Built

Bruce it's really OK it just the beginning of the Alzheimer's. Take a deep breath and close your eyes and say there' no place like home.and everything will be OK
    Quote Originally Posted by ToplessPony94 View Post

+ Reply to Thread