+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: insurance

At the end of the day......It's all what you feel comfortable with. Just getting good coverage should be your primary goal. Let us know what you end up with.
    SVT COBRA

I switched from AAA to Grundy last year. Grundy's price was better than Hags's and after starting the policy, I upgraded the appraisal with the new paint and stuff, they quickly upgraded the agreed value of the car. Have not needed their services other than taking my money, but am happy with them. My 2 cents.....

Their policies are all on this thing call the "InterWeb" And their policies are all about the same (got the quotes for all of them). It's just the little details which I listed. Hagerty and Grundy are unlimited milage, American is not.
    Growing older but not UP

My car now has a heater, and now has HEAT!!

Quote Originally Posted by chachee52 View Post
    Ian, I do agree with George. That number is double what they quoted me and I put in $25K (I aimed high). I can't see your car being that much more than that, but then again I really don't know the price of your car.
    Anyway, when I first got my car I put 7K on it. it's more of the theory that I don't like people telling me that I can't drive it more. And as for the cruise nights, all of them say you can use it for personal drives not just to shows. I would NEVER agree to just to shows.
    Well my car is only 11 years old, so that probably factors into the price as well. Thankfully, American lets me drive the car everywhere EXCEPT to commute to work or to run errands, two things I never do anyways.

As kevin said, no matter who you end up with....you want to make sure you feel comfortable and taken care of. Also make sure whoever you go with provides proper road side assistance
    -- Ian --
    2003 10th Aniv. Cobra Convertible Torch Red
    Born on 6/18/2003 / Build # 4357 / # 489 0f 10th Aniv
    1 of 369 Torch Red 10th Aniversary cars Built

So I decided to go with Hagarty. But I just got off the phone with them and they declined me. Because I have had "2 speeding tickets" (Jen got one in MD in Nov in bumper to bumper traffic caught by camera and then mailed to us, the other one the guy said I got a ticket that same day but I haven't had a speeding ticket in 15 years!) and because I was hit stopped in bumper to bumper traffic from behind and Jen got hit by someone pulling out of a street and hit her in the side. So because of that I can't be insured.
    So I guess its back to looking into what else is out there. That is UTTERLY REDIULOUS!!!
    Growing older but not UP

I have heard they are sticklers about that stuff, I was just talking to someone over the weekend who was denied by Hagerty because of the age of their daily drivers.

American FTW
    -- Ian --
    2003 10th Aniv. Cobra Convertible Torch Red
    Born on 6/18/2003 / Build # 4357 / # 489 0f 10th Aniv
    1 of 369 Torch Red 10th Aniversary cars Built

There was a company I hadn't heard of pushing their insurance at Carlisle this year. I picked up a brochure that I haven't had time to look at yet. I'll find it tonight and at least post the name. This is not an endorsement - I know nothing about them.
    Bruce
    TFS TW heads, rockers, 75mm intake, cam, 75mm TB, CAI, MAF, DeatschWerks 35# injectors, Aeromotive rails/regulator, 255 pump, BeCool rad, alum water pump, MSD 6A/coil, alum flywheel, PP, driveshaft, McLeod clutch, Torsen T2R, 3.73, 31spline axles, 17" 95 Cobra R, NT-05 255/275, MM CC plates, coil-over (Bilstein), rlca, K-brace, A-arms, SF conns, Cobra brakes, =len shorties, 2.5" SS Hpipe, Borla CB...

Geez and we were talking Last Friday together. I hope no one saw us. You being that kind of criminal.May effect my Insurance rates.
    Quote Originally Posted by chachee52 View Post
    So I decided to go with Hagarty. But I just got off the phone with them and they declined me. Because I have had "2 speeding tickets" (Jen got one in MD in Nov in bumper to bumper traffic caught by camera and then mailed to us, the other one the guy said I got a ticket that same day but I haven't had a speeding ticket in 15 years!) and because I was hit stopped in bumper to bumper traffic from behind and Jen got hit by someone pulling out of a street and hit her in the side. So because of that I can't be insured.
    So I guess its back to looking into what else is out there. That is UTTERLY REDIULOUS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TorchredSVT View Post
    I have heard they are sticklers about that stuff, I was just talking to someone over the weekend who was denied by Hagerty because of the age of their daily drivers.

American FTW
    I won't go American. Too many stipulations for me. I through that one out a while ago. But The guy on the phone was just not helpful in explaining why at all. I guess that's what has me angry.
    Growing older but not UP

Boy I guess I feel like I'm in an elite club using Hagerty. Been stopped many times, but always gotten out of it. Didn't even need a short dress to do it. lol

+ Reply to Thread