+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Another Cobra was tamed

Another Cobra was tamed

Detailed another Cobra over the weekend that needed a little road rash scraped off it !! Not as bad as Todds co workers, but still needed the full treatment. Exterior work only on this one, but the customer was extremly happy with the results, which makes it worth it. Here are some before and after pics. 04 terminater 001.jpg04 terminater 008.jpg04 terminater 009.jpg04 terminater 011.jpg04 term door handel before.jpg04 term dor handel after.jpg04 term hood before.jpg04 term hood done.jpg04 term scoop scratch before.jpg04 term scoop scratch after.jpg04 terminater done 2.jpg04 terminater done 3.jpg04 terminater done 4.jpg04 terminater done 10.jpg04 terminater done 11.jpg04 terminater done12.jpg04 terminater done owner reflection!!.jpg

WOW very impressive we all know Black is beautiful But to be honest Jimmy I think that you bring it to a whole new level Again nice job

looks good, can't believe that person still has the stock tires on the car 11 years later

how many miles?
    -- Ian --
    2003 10th Aniv. Cobra Convertible Torch Red
    Born on 6/18/2003 / Build # 4357 / # 489 0f 10th Aniv
    1 of 369 Torch Red 10th Aniversary cars Built

Looks GREAT Jimmy!

Quote Originally Posted by TorchredSVT View Post
    looks good, can't believe that person still has the stock tires on the car 11 years later
    how many miles?
    My fronts are still the stockers. (replaced the rears with DRs)
    ---
    Jim

2010 Mercedes E550
    2000 Mazda Miata Special Edition

Sold: 2001 10th Anniversary Cobra #353
    1990 Mustang GT Convertible
    2002 Mustang GT

Jimmy, Another fabulous job! I think you should come up with a signature picture after you work your magic on these cars. Stand next to them once completed and have someone snap a photo. That will become your digital diary of sorts.

Quote Originally Posted by SVT10th View Post
    My fronts are still the stockers. (replaced the rears with DRs)
    I guess when you drive only 45 mph on the highway....then you really don't have to think about the dry rot, cracks and generally unsafe condition that's probably going on with your tires. Remind me not to drive to close to you when we have our Club cruises.
    SVT COBRA

Looks amazing, Jimmy! I can't wait for it to be my turn!
    Bruce
    TFS TW heads, rockers, 75mm intake, cam, 75mm TB, CAI, MAF, DeatschWerks 35# injectors, Aeromotive rails/regulator, 255 pump, BeCool rad, alum water pump, MSD 6A/coil, alum flywheel, PP, driveshaft, McLeod clutch, Torsen T2R, 3.73, 31spline axles, 17" 95 Cobra R, NT-05 255/275, MM CC plates, coil-over (Bilstein), rlca, K-brace, A-arms, SF conns, Cobra brakes, =len shorties, 2.5" SS Hpipe, Borla CB...

Quote Originally Posted by Jibber View Post
    I guess when you drive only 45 mph on the highway....then you really don't have to think about the dry rot, cracks and generally unsafe condition that's probably going on with your tires. Remind me not to drive to close to you when we have our Club cruises.
    +1

10 years is a looooooooong time to be running the same tires, especially at our power levels. Becarefull!!!
    -- Ian --

Thanks for the compliments !! He has another set of tires and rims he said so I did not touch the rims. Had some work done on the suspension and motor, exhaust as ell. Can't remember what he said for mileage but the car has not seen the rain, but has seen some terrible towels, wax etc. in it's 10 years !!Amazing how bad the finish can get if not kept up right.Bad techniques, bad habits, a lot of missunderstood things when it comes to detailing, is usually where it starts. If perfection is what your looking for, NOTHING compares to a finish done (right!!) with a machine and good products. Unless your hand can move at 6800 rpm a machine is hard to beat.You can achieve great results by hand, just not perfection.I tell all my customers when I am done with their vehicle, I got it to this point with the work that I just did, it's your turn to keep it that way.

I just realized that's my buddy Aaron's cobra!!!
    -- Ian --

Thats him !! Posted a nice write up about me on SVT Perfomance on the work I did for him on his Cobra. I know him from one of the Ford dealers I deal with, Granite Ford. I helped him out (price wise) since he helped me with my throttle body last year. He's a nice kid.

+ Reply to Thread