+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: 5 Guys

Then Mr. Oshea tries to hide is mistake by editing the post. Brilliant.
    SVT COBRA

Quote Originally Posted by Jibber View Post
    Then Mr. Oshea tries to hide is mistake by editing the post. Brilliant.
    Yeah! He's the guy that should retire! Oh, wait....
    Bruce
    TFS TW heads, rockers, 75mm intake, cam, 75mm TB, CAI, MAF, DeatschWerks 35# injectors, Aeromotive rails/regulator, 255 pump, BeCool rad, alum water pump, MSD 6A/coil, alum flywheel, PP, driveshaft, McLeod clutch, Torsen T2R, 3.73, 31spline axles, 17" 95 Cobra R, NT-05 255/275, MM CC plates, coil-over (Bilstein), rlca, K-brace, A-arms, SF conns, Cobra brakes, =len shorties, 2.5" SS Hpipe, Borla CB...

Maybe its time for you too Oh wait it may be past time
    Quote Originally Posted by ToplessPony94 View Post
    Yeah! He's the guy that should retire! Oh, wait....
    Last edited by Dennis O'Shea; 04-15-2014 at 05:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TorchredSVT View Post
    Todd.....5 guys is one of the most recognized awarded burger brands/chains in the US. We aren't all wrong

and this summer, I am buying one of these: http://www.buystufz.com/

and LOL at the price argument. Been to Wendy's lately? a double cheese burger meal is almost $10 now.
    Maybe I have to try it again? The burger itself was just not memorable. I do remember the first time I ever had a Fuddruckers Burger. I was down in Houston and it was amazing. I'm not saying that it is THAT amazing now, but I've had one recently and can say that I remember it. Everyone that I have talked to about this keeps bringing up the topping and that's why they LOVE 5 Guys. But when I ask them to tell me about the actual burger, they can't. I honestly just don't know the answer?
    I've been to Wendy's and have never paid more than $9 for a combo, and I get Frostys or nuggets too.
    Growing older but not UP

My car now has a heater, and now has HEAT!!

K, seeing that I'm now working right next to the Derry Five Guys I decided to check it out tonight. Seeing that a majority of you guys said that's the one that does it best.
    I stand by all my previous opinions now. The burger meat was flavorless. The fries are still good, but for a burger and small fries, no drink, $10 is too much for flavorless burgers. I will say the bacon was good too, nice and crisp. That was to only good tasting part of the burger.
    But I did give them another chance and still don't like the burgers.
    Growing older but not UP

Second thought first, I've eaten there a few times and liked it. But then again I have low food standards as I don't like steak or beef jerky. The 5 Guys Chain has been repeatedly been on the list as one of the "better" burger joins. So others agree. I wouldn't say best burger I ever eat, but ok. Don't know what else to say.

Now my 1st thought second. Lets do a club luncheon there (instead of a breakfast) and several opinions. Heck I like it for the peanuts.

Quote Originally Posted by 390gtconv View Post
    Lets do a club luncheon there . . .
    Great idea, I'm in.

Quote Originally Posted by 390gtconv View Post
    Second thought first, I've eaten there a few times and liked it. But then again I have low food standards as I don't like steak or beef jerky. The 5 Guys Chain has been repeatedly been on the list as one of the "better" burger joins. So others agree. I wouldn't say best burger I ever eat, but ok. Don't know what else to say.

Now my 1st thought second. Lets do a club luncheon there (instead of a breakfast) and several opinions. Heck I like it for the peanuts.
    Yup and dominos is number 2 on the best pizza chain and I don't like them either. I' ll eat it but I can't say that its good pizza. And have you seen the Top 10 song list?? So just because its on some top whatever list doesn't mean its good.
    And like I said, its my opinion and I did try it multiple times at different locations. I like a lot of places that others don't like. This is just not one that I do.
    Growing older but not UP

Hey, I'll give props to Todd for giving it another try. He's still wrong of course

I don't get the flavorless part though -- the rare times I go there, I get it with fairly minimal toppings and it's a nice beefy flavor. It ain't no burger from Buckley's, but it's good.

The other thing is that "best burger" list is all fast food chains -- of course places like 5 Guys and In-and-Out are going to rise to the top compared to McDs, BK, Wendy's, etc. But if
    If you look at, say, the Hippo's Best of NH list for best burger, 5 Guys doesn't even place because it's up against real restaurants.
    Best Burgers
    Best of the Best: The Barley House, 132 N. Main St., Concord, 228-6363, thebarleyhouse.com
    Best of Concord: Downtown Cheers Grille & Bar, 17 Depot St., Concord, 228-0180, cheersnh.com
    Best of Manchester: New England’s Tap House Grille, 1292 Hooksett Road, Hooksett, 782-5137, taphousenh.com
    Best of Nashua: Buckley’s Great Steaks, 438 DW Highway, Merrimack, 424-0995, buckleysgreatsteaks.com
    ---
    Jim

2010 Mercedes E550
    2000 Mazda Miata Special Edition

Sold: 2001 10th Anniversary Cobra #353
    1990 Mustang GT Convertible
    2002 Mustang GT

flavorless? i think you need to get your tongue checked
    -- Ian --
    2003 10th Aniv. Cobra Convertible Torch Red
    Born on 6/18/2003 / Build # 4357 / # 489 0f 10th Aniv
    1 of 369 Torch Red 10th Aniversary cars Built