+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: 5 Guys

I think you just like to argue about everything, but that's ok....that's what the internet is for

I can't think of anyone who makes a better burger off the top of my head
    Who are some of your suggestions? Always looking for new places.
    -- Ian --
    2003 10th Aniv. Cobra Convertible Torch Red
    Born on 6/18/2003 / Build # 4357 / # 489 0f 10th Aniv
    1 of 369 Torch Red 10th Aniversary cars Built

Quote Originally Posted by TorchredSVT View Post
    I think you just like to argue about everything, but that's ok....that's what the internet is for
    I love your insight!
    SVT COBRA

Buckley's Great Steaks, Merrimack NH
    The Loft, North Andover, MA

I haven't been to the place in Dracut, so I can't say if these are better or not, but they're damned good.
    ---
    Jim

2010 Mercedes E550
    2000 Mazda Miata Special Edition

Sold: 2001 10th Anniversary Cobra #353
    1990 Mustang GT Convertible
    2002 Mustang GT

Actually, I'd give a thumbs down for Buckley's. We went there for a celebration dinner and were totally disappointed. Had to send my wife's steak back twice to get them to actually try to cook it rather than just pass it through a warm room. (She ordered it medium well.) Third time they brought it to the table it was still mostly very rare but we just gave up. She ate a little of it and didn't bother to bring the rest home. Can't say about the burgers - we didn't order that - but we won't be going back. Their kind of prices for an inedible steak is something you don't risk twice.
    Bruce
    TFS TW heads, rockers, 75mm intake, cam, 75mm TB, CAI, MAF, DeatschWerks 35# injectors, Aeromotive rails/regulator, 255 pump, BeCool rad, alum water pump, MSD 6A/coil, alum flywheel, PP, driveshaft, McLeod clutch, Torsen T2R, 3.73, 31spline axles, 17" 95 Cobra R, NT-05 255/275, MM CC plates, coil-over (Bilstein), rlca, K-brace, A-arms, SF conns, Cobra brakes, =len shorties, 2.5" SS Hpipe, Borla CB...

Quote Originally Posted by TorchredSVT View Post

I can't think of anyone who makes a better burger off the top of my head
    Who are some of your suggestions? Always looking for new places.
    Don't know who this was too, I agreed with you!
    But Jim's list is correct. Those burgers are better that O&O (I'm not saying that O&O is bad, they are really good!!). Also there are a couple places in Milford, but I won't get into those because they aren't "in the area". Burton's makes a really good burger as well.
    But if you're ever in the Gilford area, Elecoya Barn & Grill has AMAZING burgers. I'd even put them past Buckley's, and I swear by Buckley's.
    Growing older but not UP

My car now has a heater, and now has HEAT!!

Quote Originally Posted by ToplessPony94 View Post
    Actually, I'd give a thumbs down for Buckley's. We went there for a celebration dinner and were totally disappointed. Had to send my wife's steak back twice to get them to actually try to cook it rather than just pass it through a warm room. (She ordered it medium well.) Third time they brought it to the table it was still mostly very rare but we just gave up. She ate a little of it and didn't bother to bring the rest home. Can't say about the burgers - we didn't order that - but we won't be going back. Their kind of prices for an inedible steak is something you don't risk twice.
    Wow. That's very surprising. I've been there dozens of times and while once or twice they have not been quite up their highest level (everyone has bad nights) it is always good.
    Did you complain to the manager? I would almost guarantee that they would have at least comped the meal, if not also given you a gift certificate to come back. When you're spending that kind of money, you're right, it should be made right immediately with no fuss.
    The Michael Timothy Dining group is one of the most respected in the area for a reason.
    ---
    Jim

2010 Mercedes E550
    2000 Mazda Miata Special Edition

Sold: 2001 10th Anniversary Cobra #353
    1990 Mustang GT Convertible
    2002 Mustang GT

the loft is good, haven't been there in years

never heard of the place in merrimack, i'll check it out
    -- Ian --
    2003 10th Aniv. Cobra Convertible Torch Red
    Born on 6/18/2003 / Build # 4357 / # 489 0f 10th Aniv
    1 of 369 Torch Red 10th Aniversary cars Built

Quote Originally Posted by SVT10th View Post
    Wow. That's very surprising. I've been there dozens of times and while once or twice they have not been quite up their highest level (everyone has bad nights) it is always good.
    Did you complain to the manager? I would almost guarantee that they would have at least comped the meal, if not also given you a gift certificate to come back. When you're spending that kind of money, you're right, it should be made right immediately with no fuss.
    The Michael Timothy Dining group is one of the most respected in the area for a reason.
    They gave us free dessert - that's it! I agree; it was very surprising to me, too. We have been to Michael Timothy's in Nashua many times and always had a great experience. But we will not return to Buckley's.
    Bruce
    TFS TW heads, rockers, 75mm intake, cam, 75mm TB, CAI, MAF, DeatschWerks 35# injectors, Aeromotive rails/regulator, 255 pump, BeCool rad, alum water pump, MSD 6A/coil, alum flywheel, PP, driveshaft, McLeod clutch, Torsen T2R, 3.73, 31spline axles, 17" 95 Cobra R, NT-05 255/275, MM CC plates, coil-over (Bilstein), rlca, K-brace, A-arms, SF conns, Cobra brakes, =len shorties, 2.5" SS Hpipe, Borla CB...

for the $$$ it's not worth it... I also went on-line and looked at the fat content in the double cheese burger and nearly had a heart attack just reading the stats...

So lets keep apples to apples. Some burgers of the same type of restaurants: Fuddruckers I've always liked a lot. Don't to go there much, but always enjoyed their burger, and YOU get to put on all the toppings for those that want the toppings. Also in Salem, WayBack Burgers is the same type of burger, greasy and fatty and I would say that they are a little better than 5 Guys.
    But Fuddruckers is a good bruger, don't know the prices recently, I haven't been in about a year so I can't say they are even a better value never mind taste a lot better. Again, my opinions.
    Growing older but not UP

My car now has a heater, and now has HEAT!!

+ Reply to Thread