+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: I saved a Cobra

Quote Originally Posted by TorchredSVT View Post
    awsome work

now let hear about steps and products please
    Hold a clinic Jimmy!

Looks really nice. Great job. I think you use the same stuff that i use. Works great.
    SVT COBRA

Strip wash, claybar, 3 step paint correction, glaze, wax. Lots of hours and a lot of TLC and techinque. All Adams Premium Polish products.I have a couple of things I am bringing to Eds Day that a couple of guys from NHMC wanted. Maybe I should bring some to Ed's Day if anyone needs anything or would like to see something work???

Jimmy, I'd like to see what results you get on a dull spot on my left rear quarter panel. Mine's original 20 year old paint! Nothing has totally succeeded yet - that would sell me on it!
    Bruce
    TFS TW heads, rockers, 75mm intake, cam, 75mm TB, CAI, MAF, DeatschWerks 35# injectors, Aeromotive rails/regulator, 255 pump, BeCool rad, alum water pump, MSD 6A/coil, alum flywheel, PP, driveshaft, McLeod clutch, Torsen T2R, 3.73, 31spline axles, 17" 95 Cobra R, NT-05 255/275, MM CC plates, coil-over (Bilstein), rlca, K-brace, A-arms, SF conns, Cobra brakes, =len shorties, 2.5" SS Hpipe, Borla CB...

Dull spots usually are a pain since it got "dull " for a reason other than bad cleaning techniques etc. Different than correcting scratches etc. but anything is possible. PM me and swing it over sometime and we can see what we can do with it. I just did Rich's hood on his 05 black gt to see if would could correct some scratches he was not happy with and now he is having me do the whole car. Never can tell what it might be. What have you tried. Ever had a good claybar/paint correcting with a machine done to it ?? No matter how good you think your hands are, nothing beats a machine, DONE RIGHT !! Everyones car can shine to a point, but perfection comes from techinque, great products, and a MACHINE.

It's kind of hard to explain without looking at the car. Maybe we can chat a bit at ED Day. Josh at GSDT was going to re-clear it, but decided the problem was deeper. He sanded the clear coat with (I think) 800 and then polished and buffed it. It looks a lot better now, but it's still there. The area is a bit bigger than the size of a hand.
    Bruce
    TFS TW heads, rockers, 75mm intake, cam, 75mm TB, CAI, MAF, DeatschWerks 35# injectors, Aeromotive rails/regulator, 255 pump, BeCool rad, alum water pump, MSD 6A/coil, alum flywheel, PP, driveshaft, McLeod clutch, Torsen T2R, 3.73, 31spline axles, 17" 95 Cobra R, NT-05 255/275, MM CC plates, coil-over (Bilstein), rlca, K-brace, A-arms, SF conns, Cobra brakes, =len shorties, 2.5" SS Hpipe, Borla CB...

Like I said, it is a spot that needs more attention than just a paint correction. I can work miracles but sometimes there is no fix except repaint etc, beyond what I am doing. But it would not hurt to try it since it does not sound like it will get any worse (or better) for that matter.

Nice, no excellent work!!!!

That's amazing. It does look like 2 totally different cars. Got any techniques for clear coat peeling? My roof is the worst of it all but my hood, front fenders and wing are starting to peel as well.

Saleen Series IV blower, 60# injectors, 90mm MAF, 255 fp, Ford racing headers, O/R H pipe w/o cats, magnaflow exhaust, steeda tri-ax short throw, and a nasty lifter tick

Soon to see the dyno in Loudon.
    http://www.performance-dyno.com/

Usually not, if it is eating at the clearcoat and peeling. Would need to look at though, you never can tell ???!!!

+ Reply to Thread