+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Nesw Club Events for 2014

Nesw Club Events for 2014

At the pizza meeting last weekend, we discussed the following new events/changes for the upcoming season. Once finalized, we will send an updated schedule and update the forum calendar as well.

Monadnock Up In Smoke Barbeque/Car Show -- Keene, NH (5/30 to 6/01)
    Mustang 50th Birthday Celebration -- at Cruise Night (probably on 6/14)
    Smokin Stangs Rally -- probably attend the car show portion of this event as a group (6/27 to 6/29)
    Harpoon Brewery Barbeque Festival -- Windsor, VT (7/27)
    Lake Sunapee Evening Dinner Cruise -- date not set yet
    Cruise to Bass Pro Shops at Patriot Place -- date not set yet, Ian is setting up this event
    2nd Charity Event Cruise Night -- possibly for the NH Food Bank, set up as a challenge to other local car clubs -- date no set yet.
    Mustangs & More Show -- we are moving this event, meeting with people at Canobie Lake Park on 2/25

Shaping up to be a busy season; and as Prez Rick stated at the meeting, other suggestions are welcome, as is help in getting these events set up... ... ...
    Last edited by rhoidahl; 02-27-2014 at 06:22 PM.

2003 Cobra "Terminator" Convertible
    Last Dyno Run = 496 rear wheel hp, 490 foot pound of torque

A thought brought up @ pizza meeting. Making Sat cruz nites @ the new BASS Pro Shop in Hooksett.
    If it happens, could be HUGE for both cars and spectators. They had a story in NH paper on Friday that it opened this week and was well attended.
    Then Sat nite on NH tv news, it was Bass Pro shop 1st weekend opened and it was jammed. Like xmas time at the malls with every parking spot taken.

Now throw in a cruz nite, hmmmmm
    http://www.wmur.com/escape-outside/b...-week/24521734
    Last edited by 390gtconv; 02-22-2014 at 11:31 PM.

My buddy was at the pro shop yesterday for the opening and he said that while he was there the fire department had to close the doors because there were so many people. He also said it was not as impressive as Foxboro by a long shot.
    Back to the Saturday night topic: I thought that it was said that the Pro Shop was already planning one?
    Growing older but not UP

My car now has a heater, and now has HEAT!!

Quote Originally Posted by chachee52 View Post
    He also said it was not as impressive as Foxboro by a long shot.
    Back to the Saturday night topic: I thought that it was said that the Pro Shop was already planning one?
    I'd be ok with "not as impressive". Shorter drive that I wouldn't have to leave @ noon to get to. Quicker ride home too.

Don't think club was 100% sure there was one set up yet there. Even IF so, do a partner ship??? Split coverage for alternating weekends?

Because IF there is one starting at Bass Pro & then clubs @ Advance Auto, good luck ever getting a big draw at both in Hooksett on Sat nite!

Quote Originally Posted by rhoidahl View Post
    As an FYI, I have sent two emails to the store manager's attention indicating we would like to talk with him about moving cruise night to their new store in Hooksett. If I don't hear back from him by the end of this week, I will stop over and hopefully get a chance to talk to him. So we are pursuing this... ... ...
    Excellent... keep us posted

Would it be a good idea to possibly changing locations and or possibly a different night of the week. Having a family and kids its a lot easier slipping out on any other night than a saturday. I was hoping we could of voted on things like that at the club meeting last week. In listening to others I think that I am not alone in thinking that a change in location and night might increase attendance

Quote Originally Posted by kirk perry View Post
    Would it be a good idea to possibly changing locations and or possibly a different night of the week. Having a family and kids its a lot easier slipping out on any other night than a saturday. I was hoping we could of voted on things like that at the club meeting last week. In listening to others I think that I am not alone in thinking that a change in location and night might increase attendance
    I would have to say I still think changing the location closer to MA would bring back all of the MA people we lost when it moved from Londonderry. However, I (and others) don't get out of work in time to make any weeknight events, so that would drop a lot of people out. Sunday nights might be a possibility, though.
    Bruce
    TFS TW heads, rockers, 75mm intake, cam, 75mm TB, CAI, MAF, DeatschWerks 35# injectors, Aeromotive rails/regulator, 255 pump, BeCool rad, alum water pump, MSD 6A/coil, alum flywheel, PP, driveshaft, McLeod clutch, Torsen T2R, 3.73, 31spline axles, 17" 95 Cobra R, NT-05 255/275, MM CC plates, coil-over (Bilstein), rlca, K-brace, A-arms, SF conns, Cobra brakes, =len shorties, 2.5" SS Hpipe, Borla CB...

I agree. I think that oving the location might be the thing we need to increase numbers. Closer to Mass border would definately help

getting the cruise night moved to bass pro is top priority in my opinion. Randy, I would suggest making some phone calls during business hours, you're more likely to make contact that way
    Hopefully we aren't late to the dance on this one

Additionally, once Mass Cruises announces the schedule for the Foxborough Bass Pro shop cruise night I'll post it up and we can pick a Thursday.
    -- Ian --
    2003 10th Aniv. Cobra Convertible Torch Red
    Born on 6/18/2003 / Build # 4357 / # 489 0f 10th Aniv
    1 of 369 Torch Red 10th Aniversary cars Built

[QUOTE=TorchredSVT;8207]getting the cruise night moved to bass pro is top priority in my opinion. Randy, I would suggest making some phone calls during business hours, you're more likely to make contact that way
    Hopefully we aren't late to the dance on this one

QUOTE]

Agree, or better yet visiting to check out layout of area too. I'm sure as a new store operation, they are busy getting settled in so a visit maybe best to get quicker results & response.

+ Reply to Thread