+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Wings and Wheels 2014

Wings and Wheels 2014

So this was brought up at the meeting today. A few of us went down for this show last year for the 1st ever show and I don't know about everyone else, but I had a great time.
    Looking around at a bunch of different websites it does not look like they have picked a date/are having it this year. They have posted for 2015 that they have the Blue Angles lined up (if the government co-operates).
    So Stay tuned for this event. It was the end of Aug last year and a great drive. A few of us took the pike down to Chicopee and then Jim and I decided on the way back we would head north and then turn right occationally and see where it took us. What great roads out in Western MA to cruise down on a sunny summer day!!!
    So hopefully it will happen because it was a great show to take the cruise down.
    Growing older but not UP

My car now has a heater, and now has HEAT!!

I have to agree with Todd. This was perhaps the best event I attended last year, all the way around. I'm sorry if anyone thought I was pushing it at the expense of the club show that weekend - it certainly wasn't my intent. I'm into aircraft almost as much as Mustangs, and it isn't often there's an opportunity to get a picture of one's Mustang with a P-51 and I was excited about that, too. I love the pictures!

Bruce
    TFS TW heads, rockers, 75mm intake, cam, 75mm TB, CAI, MAF, DeatschWerks 35# injectors, Aeromotive rails/regulator, 255 pump, BeCool rad, alum water pump, MSD 6A/coil, alum flywheel, PP, driveshaft, McLeod clutch, Torsen T2R, 3.73, 31spline axles, 17" 95 Cobra R, NT-05 255/275, MM CC plates, coil-over (Bilstein), rlca, K-brace, A-arms, SF conns, Cobra brakes, =len shorties, 2.5" SS Hpipe, Borla CB...

Bruce, there was no club event the day of this event. You are all clear!!
    Growing older but not UP

Looks like an amazing event, gotta try to keep this one in mind....Nice photos Bruce

I went last year with Mustangs of Mass ... I might be interested in going again this year ...

Quote Originally Posted by Gabe View Post
    I went last year with Mustangs of Mass ... I might be interested in going again this year ...
    Last we heard, its not going to happen for at least 2-3 years. They have other air shows they are putting on I guess. But man was it a good show!
    Growing older but not UP

Yes, I contacted the people who ran it last year. They said that they had a big event going on this year that preempted the Wing and Wheels show for this year, but they hope to have it back in place for summer 2015. I agree it was a great show. Probably one of the top 3 of 2013!
    ---
    Jim

2010 Mercedes E550
    2000 Mazda Miata Special Edition

Sold: 2001 10th Anniversary Cobra #353
    1990 Mustang GT Convertible
    2002 Mustang GT

OK, here's the scoop on 2015. There is a HUGE airshow taking place at Westover in Chicopee on May 16 & 17 2015.

Featuring these participants, among many:

- Blue Angels air demonstration team
    - Canadian Snowbirds
    - Canadian Forces CF 18 Demo Team
    - F-22 Raptor
    - Geico Skytypers

I'm definitely planning to go, though probably not in my Mustang. There is no car show segment this year - only the huge airshow. I'd welcome anyone else who would like to go as a group. Maybe do the usual meetup at the Chelmsford rest area on 495?

Details here:

http://www.greatnewenglandairshow.com/
    Bruce
    TFS TW heads, rockers, 75mm intake, cam, 75mm TB, CAI, MAF, DeatschWerks 35# injectors, Aeromotive rails/regulator, 255 pump, BeCool rad, alum water pump, MSD 6A/coil, alum flywheel, PP, driveshaft, McLeod clutch, Torsen T2R, 3.73, 31spline axles, 17" 95 Cobra R, NT-05 255/275, MM CC plates, coil-over (Bilstein), rlca, K-brace, A-arms, SF conns, Cobra brakes, =len shorties, 2.5" SS Hpipe, Borla CB...

Would love to go. Unfortuntely that is the weekend I have a class. Sounds like a great show though.
    Growing older but not UP

Ah CRAP! May 16 is Mom's birthday. ...

+ Reply to Thread