+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: New Speed Limit

New Speed Limit

Was traveling up 93 North yesterday to see my northern Ford dealers yesterday and starting at exit 18 and up, the new speed limit is 70mph. Kinda strange going 72mph and not even getting a look from the state troopers where as before you were 7 mph over the limit and in danger of getting pulled over !!70 mph.jpg

Hmm, interesting that they finally raised it. Didn't hear that they were going to do that.
    Whenever I drive up there going 70 I was always the slow guy having people FLY past me like I'm standing still.
    Growing older but not UP

My car now has a heater, and now has HEAT!!

I did read about this, but I was unsure which sections of 93 they raised the limit on..........is it a specific section?
    -- Ian --
    2003 10th Aniv. Cobra Convertible Torch Red
    Born on 6/18/2003 / Build # 4357 / # 489 0f 10th Aniv
    1 of 369 Torch Red 10th Aniversary cars Built

"As of Jan. 1, the speed limit will be 70 mph for about an 80-mile stretch of I-93 north of Canterbury up to the border with Vermont.

Currently, motorists can drive up to 65 mph on this stretch of road.

The only part of the route not covered by the increase is about 5 miles that go through the White Mountain National Forest and Franconia Notch, where the speed limit will remain 45 mph."
    ---
    Jim

2010 Mercedes E550
    2000 Mazda Miata Special Edition

Sold: 2001 10th Anniversary Cobra #353
    1990 Mustang GT Convertible
    2002 Mustang GT

Quote Originally Posted by chachee52 View Post
    Hmm, interesting that they finally raised it. Didn't hear that they were going to do that.
    Whenever I drive up there going 70 I was always the slow guy having people FLY past me like I'm standing still.
    Just before the New Year, WMUR NH did a small story on "new laws" for 2014 and cover the increased speed limit in certain area.

Its funny how they increase the speed limit on this stretch of highway where there are a ton of accidents due to speed, but keep the lake speed limit at 45 mph during the day where there is less than 1% of accidents due to speed. Got to love NH! Live free of Die..... Unless we decide we don't want you to live free
    Growing older but not UP

So you can hit the moose faster. lol

Its funny how they increase the speed limit on this stretch of highway where there are a ton of accidents due to speed, but keep the lake speed limit at 45 mph during the day where there is less than 1% of accidents due to speed. Got to love NH! Live free of Die..... Unless we decide we don't want you to live free
    did you seriously just compare the speed limit on a lake to the speed limit on 93? LOL
    -- Ian --
    2003 10th Aniv. Cobra Convertible Torch Red
    Born on 6/18/2003 / Build # 4357 / # 489 0f 10th Aniv
    1 of 369 Torch Red 10th Aniversary cars Built

Quote Originally Posted by TorchredSVT View Post
    did you seriously just compare the speed limit on a lake to the speed limit on 93? LOL
    Yup, seeing that the reason that Lynch said the speed limit on the lake was needed was because of all the speed accidents. The fact of the matter is that Marine Patrol has had insignificant amount of accidents because of speed. How many car accidents along that stretch of highway are because of speed? I would guess a lot more (percentage, I understand there are more car accidents). I also understand that Lynch is no longer Governor, but it's still the same state that makes no sense of what their rules are sometimes.
    Growing older but not UP

Yup, seeing that the reason that Lynch said the speed limit on the lake was needed was because of all the speed accidents. The fact of the matter is that Marine Patrol has had insignificant amount of accidents because of speed. How many car accidents along that stretch of highway are because of speed? I would guess a lot more (percentage, I understand there are more car accidents). I also understand that Lynch is no longer Governor, but it's still the same state that makes no sense of what their rules are sometimes.
    Speed + booze+ speed + more booze + more speed divided by being cocked = accidents.
    IMO a few of the boaters ruin it for the masses. Because of the non scientific formula above something had to be done.
    I applaud this rule change. Come to think of it, has there been an accident on the lake since this took affect?
    SVT COBRA

+ Reply to Thread