+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: The 2015 MUSTANG!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 390gtconv View Post
    TOP UP, in case you went on a cruz and it was hot out. Top up so you don't cook. Couple yrs ago on our trip home from Carlisle it was actual temp of 98 hot degrees and i had to drive home so someone else that broke down could use my trailer (nice guy) i had to drive with my top UP!.
    EVERYONE knows how I feel about top up driving, but I will back George up on this one. This was my first year I went down there and he was smart to put the top up and back window was unzipped. If I remember correctly, didn't we drive through a T-storm too? At least your top is white, I would still have fried with my black top!!!!!

But I will have to disagree with Bruce about the new convertible. I was actually commenting how I really like the lines of it. Some of the new cars coming out look horrible as a convertible with the top up (or down for that matter). The Nissan Z (which I LOVE the styling of look stupid as a convertible IMO, and the Camaro I'm not a fan of as a coupe, but looks worse as a convertible. I like the Mustang as a convertible. The lines don't get disrupted as a convertible and the top "blends" in nicely when it's up. I think Ford did a great job not butchering the top, which would have been easy to do.
    Last edited by chachee52; 12-07-2013 at 08:31 AM.
    Growing older but not UP

My car now has a heater, and now has HEAT!!

I have a question how does the new IR rear end on the 2015 Mustang work on the Strip I know that the road track guys like it.Or will they change it out for a solid rear end

[QUOTE=chachee52;7515]EVERYONE knows how I feel about top up driving, but I will back George up on this one. This was my first year I went down there and he was smart to put the top up and back window was unzipped. If I remember correctly, didn't we drive through a T-storm too? At least your top is white, I would still have fried with my black top!!!!!

But I will have to disagree with Bruce about the new convertible. I was actually commenting how I really like the lines of it. QUOTE]

Todd my top is factory color black too and yes we went thru not 1 but 2 T-storms that day with my back window unzipped as you said. I too like & Bruce's & Ed's car, he's done nice things to it. All I said was only year tail lights were running in diff direction (horizontal instead of traditional vertical) and mass public had a big push against Ford to not do that again. Public won.
    Last edited by 390gtconv; 12-07-2013 at 09:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis O'Shea View Post
    I have a question how does the new IR rear end on the 2015 Mustang work on the Strip I know that the road track guys like it.Or will they change it out for a solid rear end
    This is something that crossed my mind too.
    I kinda think people will run the IRS to test the limits of it until it breaks.
    If it doesn't break down at higher HP (supercharger etc.), I think people will usually leave it in.
    I'm sure Ford's experience with the old Cobra has weighed into the new design.
    2006 Vista Blue GT Deluxe,Dark Charcoal, Manual, 64W Chrome 18" Wheels,Spoiler Delete,IUP Satin, 14A,43A,17L
    Receipt Date- 01/25/06 Produced Date- 03/29/06 Arrival Date--- 04/11/06
    MODS: JLT CAI,SCT dyno tune by Pete, WebElectric sequential tail lights & pony corral, Pypes Violators, Front plate relocation,Hella 500 driving lights instead of fogs,GMS double strut brace & A-arm brace.
    2007 Alloy GT Premium Convertible,Charcoal w/Red Premium Trim Pkg.,Manual,64W wheels,3.55 gears,IUP charcoal.

Thats why I asked With the Cobra and the Solid Axle there was a lot of wheel hop My cobra had a 460 and a solid axle and it would bounce now and then Most of the High end replica's come with the Independent Rear ends.They are Jaguar rear ends
    Quote Originally Posted by KARMAN View Post
    If it doesn't break down at higher HP (supercharger etc.), I think people will usually leave it in.

Quote Originally Posted by 390gtconv View Post
    Todd my top is factory color black too and yes we went thru not 1 but 2 T-storms that day with my back window unzipped as you said. I too like & Bruce's & Ed's car, he's done nice things to it. All I said was only year tail lights were running in diff direction (horizontal instead of traditional vertical) and mass public had a big push against Ford to not do that again. Public won.
    George, thank you. While I don't dislike my horizontal tails, that puzzled me a bit too back in 94. And you can't do sequential tails with a horizontal theme very well, either. I have always liked the vertical theme in the tails, with the one and only exception of what they replaced the horizontals with for 96-98. I just don't like those tails - I prefer my horizontals to those things. Something about the 96-98 remind me of the Taurus "bubble car".
    Bruce
    TFS TW heads, rockers, 75mm intake, cam, 75mm TB, CAI, MAF, DeatschWerks 35# injectors, Aeromotive rails/regulator, 255 pump, BeCool rad, alum water pump, MSD 6A/coil, alum flywheel, PP, driveshaft, McLeod clutch, Torsen T2R, 3.73, 31spline axles, 17" 95 Cobra R, NT-05 255/275, MM CC plates, coil-over (Bilstein), rlca, K-brace, A-arms, SF conns, Cobra brakes, =len shorties, 2.5" SS Hpipe, Borla CB...

Quote Originally Posted by KARMAN View Post
    The terminators seem to do fine with IRS and drag strip launches up to fairly ridiculous HP. Yeah, if you want a 700hp car, you should probably go to solid axle, but there's tons of Terminators running around with IRS and 500-600 hp.
    ---
    Jim

2010 Mercedes E550
    2000 Mazda Miata Special Edition

Sold: 2001 10th Anniversary Cobra #353
    1990 Mustang GT Convertible
    2002 Mustang GT

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis O'Shea View Post
    will be just fine......look at the IRS in the 99 - 04 cobras, with a little bit of tweaking the IRS will perform fine and that was an IRS unit Ford took from the parts bin. Hell, there are guys out there in the 9's with Cobra's on IRS.
    There is a reason every other car in the world has IRS...........
    -- Ian --
    2003 10th Aniv. Cobra Convertible Torch Red
    Born on 6/18/2003 / Build # 4357 / # 489 0f 10th Aniv
    1 of 369 Torch Red 10th Aniversary cars Built

So it appears that the solid axle will potentially be available as an option on certain special edition cars.
    http://www.digitaltrends.com/cars/fo...-2015-mustang/
    ---
    Jim

2010 Mercedes E550
    2000 Mazda Miata Special Edition

Sold: 2001 10th Anniversary Cobra #353
    1990 Mustang GT Convertible
    2002 Mustang GT

certain special edition cars = body in white

all that means is dedicated race cars will have SRA and you'll probably be able to order a 9" rear from FRP.
    -- Ian --
    2003 10th Aniv. Cobra Convertible Torch Red
    Born on 6/18/2003 / Build # 4357 / # 489 0f 10th Aniv
    1 of 369 Torch Red 10th Aniversary cars Built

+ Reply to Thread