+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 2014 events

2014 events

Just to let you all know, I have started to update the Forum calendar to reflect 2014 events. Any suggestions for next season??

2003 Cobra "Terminator" Convertible
    Last Dyno Run = 496 rear wheel hp, 490 foot pound of torque

Just looked at the calendar you have going.
    Is this for JUST club stuff?

I would also like to add and ask for people to refrain from giving their personal opinions on what another member suggests.
    For example, If I suggest a day or run up to the beach, I wouldn't want someone saying that we did this 3 years ago, it was too hot, too many people, I got sand in my car blah, blah and more blah. Let's use this as Randy is asking us to. Ideas for next year..... If you have ideas post them up. Don't criticize mine.

That said. I would like to see a beach run somewhere/sometime during the year. Perhaps it's called an ice cream social night or something different. Doesn't need to be a whole day event.
    Also, Quechee Falls in Vermont seems like it would be a great time in either late summer or fall time frame.

Brainstorming ideas......N. Conway....... Kancamangus Highway run....... Organize NHMC "other" cruise night runs. eg. Liberty tree mall night on Weds.
    See what sticks. Gotta freshen it up.
    SVT COBRA

One more thing. I posted this same request on FB, and someone posted we should to "a topless carwash". I had hoped we could have some constructive suggestions such as the one Kevin posted above. If you have a serious comment to make about this, please do so. But if all you are going to contribute is a ridiculous comment such as this one, DON'T !!
    Last edited by rhoidahl; 11-06-2013 at 10:25 PM.

Kevin, I try to put on the calendar all of our events, as well as others that may interest our members -- NHRA, Carlisle, the 50th b-day celebration in NC, Smokin' Stangs Rally (date not set yet), etc ...

Quote Originally Posted by rhoidahl View Post
    One more thing. I posted this same request on FB, and someone posted we should to "a topless carwash". I had hoped we could have some constructive suggestions such as the one Kevin posted above. If you have a serious comment to make about this, please do so. But if all you are going to contribute is a ridiculous comment such as this one, DON'T !!
    Well that's just a silly suggestion. Everyone knows not to wash their cars with the top down!!
    Are we looking for "club events" or just any events. I understand that we go to other events as a club that are not our events.
    Growing older but not UP

My car now has a heater, and now has HEAT!!

Does not have to be a club sponsored event; just an event we can attend as a club.

I'm keeping a record of the suggestions and will post them in a couple of weeks, or pass them out at the Christmas party...

pay attention to kevin's post....all good ideas

my suggestion is to get away from only organizing the structured shows and start doing more social events/cruises. I am not saying ditch shows like mustang mania etc...those are important. Just don't have the schedule completely revolve around them

just my .02 cents
    -- Ian --
    2003 10th Aniv. Cobra Convertible Torch Red
    Born on 6/18/2003 / Build # 4357 / # 489 0f 10th Aniv
    1 of 369 Torch Red 10th Aniversary cars Built

Quote Originally Posted by TorchredSVT View Post
    my suggestion is to get away from only organizing the structured shows and start doing more social events/cruises. I am not saying ditch shows like mustang mania etc...those are important. Just don't have the schedule completely revolve around them
    I agree with Ian on this. I usually go to about three or four shows a year, and I really don't them all to be NHMC shows. I don't feel the need to try to bring home a trophy every time I take the car out of the garage. I find cruises and cruise nights to be what I want to do most of the time. Since my work prevents me from doing cruise nights during the week, I tend to want to do that on the weekends. Formal shows are good once in a while, but they get boring quickly for me.
    Bruce
    TFS TW heads, rockers, 75mm intake, cam, 75mm TB, CAI, MAF, DeatschWerks 35# injectors, Aeromotive rails/regulator, 255 pump, BeCool rad, alum water pump, MSD 6A/coil, alum flywheel, PP, driveshaft, McLeod clutch, Torsen T2R, 3.73, 31spline axles, 17" 95 Cobra R, NT-05 255/275, MM CC plates, coil-over (Bilstein), rlca, K-brace, A-arms, SF conns, Cobra brakes, =len shorties, 2.5" SS Hpipe, Borla CB...

Anyone up for a winter activity? Without car of coarse. Except for Todd maybe.
    How's about SNOW TUBING???

Have taken family a couple times to Pats Peak. Not to far, no skill required. They have cafe area for hot chocolate or something hot.
    Last edited by 390gtconv; 11-07-2013 at 10:57 AM.

How about attending "Ford Day" one of the lawn events at Larz Anderson, or even better, talk with them about having a Mustang Lawn Event. some of their past events are listed here: http://larzanderson.org/events/lawn-...013lawnevents/

+ Reply to Thread