+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cars and Copters show

Cars and Copters show

While you guys were up at Sunapee enjoying the day, A few of us ventured down to the Cars and Copters show in Plymouth MA.

It was a huge show which raised over 20 thousand dollars for the Jimmy Fund. The twist of seeing lots of cars and a few choppers was pretty cool.
    Lots of really High end cars were there. GTR's, Lambos, Maclarens, Ferarris, Audis, and of course Mustangs. And everything else in between.

Last number I saw there were over 4k cars there along with an estimated 10k total people there throughout the day. The fire dept and airport mgt had to shut down new entries as it was crazy busy there. I left at around 12:30p and while leaving, it was like I was driving through a war zone. Show cars parked all over the side of the road, people walking over a mile just to get to see the show..... I'm calling it the Woodstock of car shows. (For those of you who don't get the comparison ask your parents, Haha)

Anyways, A good event for a great charity.
    SVT COBRA

No pics? .
    Growing older but not UP

My car now has a heater, and now has HEAT!!

Kevin -- do you know if they have next year's show scheduled yet?? This sounds like a great event to attend as a club, and if we know the date early enough, maybe we can schedule the Mt Sunapee show so the two shows don't conflict with each other... ... ...

2003 Cobra "Terminator" Convertible
    Last Dyno Run = 496 rear wheel hp, 490 foot pound of torque

saying this show was massive is an understatement....it was HUGE
    If you didn't get there early, you were greeted with a 1 - 2 hour wait in traffic entering just to get into the show field..THAT's how crowded the place was. It was insane!!!

Kevin and I traveled down with a group of about 15 car's, was a fun ride. I didn't take any pictures because I was to busy looking at all the cars and helicopters.

Randy, they do not have a date for next year yet....but I'd be wiling to be it's around the same time. When the date becomes available I'll let you know.

This has show has now been permanently added of my "must attend" list for the year.
    -- Ian --
    2003 10th Aniv. Cobra Convertible Torch Red
    Born on 6/18/2003 / Build # 4357 / # 489 0f 10th Aniv
    1 of 369 Torch Red 10th Aniversary cars Built

Quote Originally Posted by rhoidahl View Post
    Kevin -- do you know if they have next year's show scheduled yet?? This sounds like a great event to attend as a club, and if we know the date early enough, maybe we can schedule the Mt Sunapee show so the two shows don't conflict with each other... ... ...
    Great idea Randy! Hopefully I'll be in for both next year!
    Bruce
    TFS TW heads, rockers, 75mm intake, cam, 75mm TB, CAI, MAF, DeatschWerks 35# injectors, Aeromotive rails/regulator, 255 pump, BeCool rad, alum water pump, MSD 6A/coil, alum flywheel, PP, driveshaft, McLeod clutch, Torsen T2R, 3.73, 31spline axles, 17" 95 Cobra R, NT-05 255/275, MM CC plates, coil-over (Bilstein), rlca, K-brace, A-arms, SF conns, Cobra brakes, =len shorties, 2.5" SS Hpipe, Borla CB...

here is an article describing the madness: http://www.patriotledger.com/news/x1...am-in-Plymouth
    -- Ian --
    2003 10th Aniv. Cobra Convertible Torch Red
    Born on 6/18/2003 / Build # 4357 / # 489 0f 10th Aniv
    1 of 369 Torch Red 10th Aniversary cars Built

I say next year we go down and camp out the night before...I'm starting to put a schedule of events together for next year, so if anyone has other ideas, let me know...

2003 Cobra "Terminator" Convertible
    Last Dyno Run = 496 rear wheel hp, 490 foot pound of torque

+ Reply to Thread