+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Forum calendar

Quote Originally Posted by kirk perry View Post
    I dont have a facebook account either, but I am going to go saturday
    I will be there. Wait until all of you see Kirk's true sleeper car!!!! 5.0 badged Mustang with a nice suprise under the hood. Fantastic!!!!
    SVT COBRA

Quote Originally Posted by Jibber View Post
    Thanks for including us low lifes over here on the CLUB forum to this event. Haha.
    Anyways,
    FB is great and all, however, there is a large contingent of members that get there communications through the forum. I would also dare to say that a lot of the club events are attended by the members over here on the forum yet we seem to be an after thought. Not sure why.
    becuase FB gets more views that the forum does. I love the forum, but there's legit maybe 10 - 15 people who consistently use it. On FB some posts get 40 - 50 views. Not saying there aren't a ton of unregistered members who look at the forum, it just doesn't get as much traffic as you think.
    -- Ian --
    2003 10th Aniv. Cobra Convertible Torch Red
    Born on 6/18/2003 / Build # 4357 / # 489 0f 10th Aniv
    1 of 369 Torch Red 10th Aniversary cars Built

Facebook can put your photos on Ads

Quote Originally Posted by TorchredSVT View Post
    becuase FB gets more views that the forum does. I love the forum, but there's legit maybe 10 - 15 people who consistently use it. On FB some posts get 40 - 50 views. Not saying there aren't a ton of unregistered members who look at the forum, it just doesn't get as much traffic as you think.
    What a coincidence! FB respects nothing but their own greed. This was just posted up on SmokinStangs:

Beginning tomorrow, September 6, 2013, your photos could be used in Facebook ads...without your permission- an expert from 451 Marketing explains how you can protect your profile.

The Video link:
    http://www.myfoxboston.com/video?aut...efault&clipId= 9271592

A lot of Facebook users are unaware of how much of their information Facebook is actually allowed to use, so I suggest you take a look at the details of all the proposed changes.

There's a handy PDF document on Facebook's page that shows all the proposed changes marked in red (the advertising changes, which are the most controversial are on page 15-18.)

If you want to comment on the policy changes (officially "the statement of rights and responsibilities" and the "data use policy,") do so ASAP by commenting here.

This might also be a good opportunity to check your privacy settings.

Full details and story via Journal Sentinal / JSOnline:
    http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/news/221795751.html
    Bruce
    TFS TW heads, rockers, 75mm intake, cam, 75mm TB, CAI, MAF, DeatschWerks 35# injectors, Aeromotive rails/regulator, 255 pump, BeCool rad, alum water pump, MSD 6A/coil, alum flywheel, PP, driveshaft, McLeod clutch, Torsen T2R, 3.73, 31spline axles, 17" 95 Cobra R, NT-05 255/275, MM CC plates, coil-over (Bilstein), rlca, K-brace, A-arms, SF conns, Cobra brakes, =len shorties, 2.5" SS Hpipe, Borla CB...

lol

do you make a living from the pictures you post? Are all of your pictures copyrighted?

Only the people NOT on facebook are the ones who are upset about this. Most people know, understand and accept the fact that posting pictures on any social network means they are going to be shared, stolen and used other places.

Not a big deal
    -- Ian --
    2003 10th Aniv. Cobra Convertible Torch Red
    Born on 6/18/2003 / Build # 4357 / # 489 0f 10th Aniv
    1 of 369 Torch Red 10th Aniversary cars Built

No, I don't expect to profit from any pictures I post, but I don't expect anyone else to profit from them either without my permission. Even if I don't want to be paid, no one else has the right to use them "without so much as a by your leave".
    Bruce
    TFS TW heads, rockers, 75mm intake, cam, 75mm TB, CAI, MAF, DeatschWerks 35# injectors, Aeromotive rails/regulator, 255 pump, BeCool rad, alum water pump, MSD 6A/coil, alum flywheel, PP, driveshaft, McLeod clutch, Torsen T2R, 3.73, 31spline axles, 17" 95 Cobra R, NT-05 255/275, MM CC plates, coil-over (Bilstein), rlca, K-brace, A-arms, SF conns, Cobra brakes, =len shorties, 2.5" SS Hpipe, Borla CB...

Quote Originally Posted by TorchredSVT View Post
    The whole reason for my post was to say that the PERCENTAGE of the users on the forums who attend NHMC events IMO is higher than the PERCENTAGE of those that use FB. (even if you subtract the dual users like yourself, ED etc.)
    True, the audience of FB will be far larger than that of the forum because once you sign up as a FB member you will automatically "see" all club stuff. Not that the people who see this stuff ever come to anything.
    If FB is so huge and everyone on it is in the club and in the know.... Then why is cruise night terribly attended? Maybe it's true that those on FB with a 1000+ contacts are those that really have no friends, are socially inept and this whole game called FB is BS. Just a thought.

If the club continues to ignore the forum folks, then it will become just an FBNHMC for the cyber masses and maybe then you can FB PM yourselves and call it a "cyber show" and see how that one goes. Haha. You might get over 100 cars then.
    Last edited by Jibber; 09-05-2013 at 04:06 PM.
    SVT COBRA

Certainly don't mean to ignore those who use the Forum or anyone for that matter. In most cases, things of interest are posted on both Facebook and the Forum. The Charity Cruise Night event this Saturday is the ONLY event I can think of where something went on Facebook and not the Forum. I tried to post the flier for this event on the forum, but it simply would not upload. There are people who like FB, and those who don't. But we will continue to post things on both if at all possible.
    I don't think this is the cause of low turnout on cruise night. Not sure what it is, but I posted "reminders" nearly every week on both the Forum and Facebook about going to cruise night. But you are right Kevin; it's always the same 10-12 members who show up somewhat regularly. We did away with Cruise Night three years ago because of this same type of attendance problem. Because of the resulting complaints, we brought it back. I can't help but wonder why those who complained about NOT having a cruise night now don't show up.
    We have only four cruise nights left this season, the last one being 9/28. So perhaps we can see a nice increase attendance to end the season.

2003 Cobra "Terminator" Convertible
    Last Dyno Run = 496 rear wheel hp, 490 foot pound of torque

Quote Originally Posted by rhoidahl View Post
    Because of the resulting complaints, we brought it back. I can't help but wonder why those who complained about NOT having a cruise night now don't show up.
    We have only four cruise nights left this season, the last one being 9/28. So perhaps we can see a nice increase attendance to end the season.
    Randy, for me my car has been "out of service" all summer. Also some have said the location is a bit to far north. Have said "best spot was Home Depot". Can't please all but that's some feedback.

I have also heard if it was further south we might have more people going

+ Reply to Thread