+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: East Coast Camaro Club Annual All-Vehicles Show

Quote Originally Posted by 07 stang gt View Post
    one thing I did like was the rows of cars arranged by class with #'s for each row that matched the #'s on the ballot.
    We did that for many years. I was probably one of the few that really likes the new way, where people can park with their friends. In a peer judged show that is more difficult though.
    Thoughts?? Personally I like parking with whoever I want!!

1994 GT Convertible
    1997 COBRA **SOLD**
    2003 GT Convertible
    2013 Mustang GT 5.0 **SOLD**
    2019 F150 Lariat Luxury

Having every car in that class next to each other eliminates the "oh I forgot about that one" and "I didn't get a chance to get over there", plus when they are right next to each other, you can really compare them, as well as spectaors can see every generation of car years together, which I think looks really cool. Friends will always hang out with eachother at the shows so I don't see that being an issue. Just a thought.

I see both ways of parking. As someone who helped a lot at the shows, it's sometimes very difficult to set up each class. One year there will be 20 cars in a class, the next there will be 3. Also you get the people that get there and "I want to park in the shade and my class is in the open" complaints. Where, the park where you want if some one says that I was able to respond "should have got here earlier" response.
    We can have an entire year of this thread going back and forth about which is better the classes of no classes. They each have advantages and disadvantages. This is well known.
    One of these times i will make this show. for some reason there just has been a lot of stuff going on that weekend each year they've had it.
    Growing older but not UP

My car now has a heater, and now has HEAT!!

Quote Originally Posted by LILBLKSNAKE View Post
    I may be interpreting honest criticism the wrong way but they probably ALSO had way more club members lending a helping hand than we did at Mustang Mania or TASCA Weekend.
    Seems like everyone has raw nerves exposed lately.....getting all puffed up over every comment made..... Relax.
    Everything is opinion based isn't it? Bruces assessment, is his opinion, nothing more. You either agree or disagree. I agreed. It's not a knock. It's not anything. Take it for what it's worth.
    Outside looking in, it would appear that the ECCC show has way more involvement by their club members. I'm sure it's not left to one person going out and soliciting things for the Gift bags, raffles and the huge sponsers etc. that are there. It takes planning by a group.....
    We could do this for MM as well. It's called choices....
    SVT COBRA

I think Bruce's review is helpful and insightful actually...thanks for taking the time to point some of the differences out. Every club / organization is different..looking at ECC's website thier club is structured very differently than NHMC so comparing the two is like apples and oranges.

Mustang Mania is definitely judged the correct way. I personally dislike peer judged shows and avoid them at all costs.
    -- Ian --
    2003 10th Aniv. Cobra Convertible Torch Red
    Born on 6/18/2003 / Build # 4357 / # 489 0f 10th Aniv
    1 of 369 Torch Red 10th Aniversary cars Built

+ Reply to Thread