+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Where Did I Go

Dennis.. this day in age, you'd think people wouldn't be so small minded. Unfortunately, they are. I'm sorry you were subjected to this. You are a much bigger person than them for walking away. I know I wouldn't have been able to walk away. Some of the best people I know are gay.
    Please don't let the idiocy of a couple people stop you from doing what you enjoy doing! That's showing them they got the better of you.
    ~Amy~

every girl wants a pony, mine just happens to be blue

I agree that the person should be known so they can be delt with by the club. Last thing anyone needs is for someone else to fall victim of the hate speech. The club does so much good, but a situation like this spreads outside the club quickly and reflects very poorly on us all!

Quote Originally Posted by LILBLKSNAKE View Post
    The guilty party was at Craignair.
    Just by the replies here, (and lack of) I have narrowed it down to two potential suspects.

Ed, careful with this line of action, lest we all end up marching about with torches and pitchforks.
    It is not up to you, me or anyone to track down the people involved. If Dennis wants to reveal the person it is purely his decision.

Witchhunts have a tendency to sweep up innocents.
    ---
    Jim

2010 Mercedes E550
    2000 Mazda Miata Special Edition

Sold: 2001 10th Anniversary Cobra #353
    1990 Mustang GT Convertible
    2002 Mustang GT

Listen To what Jim Is saying there has been enough damage done. And Enough hurt Please for everyone LET IT GO It serves no purpose Your no better than that person if you go after this in this way. Please Drop it and move on.
    Quote Originally Posted by SVT10th View Post
    Ed, careful with this line of action, lest we all end up marching about with torches and pitchforks.
    It is not up to you, me or anyone to track down the people involved. If Dennis wants to reveal the person it is purely his decision.

Witchhunts have a tendency to sweep up innocents.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis O'Shea View Post
    Please Drop it and move on.
    If that is Dennis' wish I won't say another word about it.
    On to TASCA weekend

1994 GT Convertible
    1997 COBRA **SOLD**
    2003 GT Convertible
    2013 Mustang GT 5.0 **SOLD**
    2019 F150 Lariat Luxury

Well, as Bob says, there's not much else to say that hasn't already been said; I'm sure the points made in the previous posts reflect the views of 99% of our membership. And I too am saddened and disappointed that Dennis has left the club. Dennis always showed up at our meetings, he helped me get the sound system up and running earlier this year, and he was there helping me set up for cruise night and putting things away after. It's sad the club has lost one of its most enthusiastic members; and especially for the reason that led to this. Dennis has chosen not to identify the person(s) who voiced these crude remarks, and we have to respect Dennis' wishes about this. "Freedom of speech" applies to all, and unfortunately some people don't stop to think before they open their mouth and insert their foot. And in this case, not only did the culprit put their foot in their mouth, but they also have their head in a place where the sun don't shine...

2003 Cobra "Terminator" Convertible
    Last Dyno Run = 496 rear wheel hp, 490 foot pound of torque

All of us should respect Dennis's descision and as you can tell with all of the comments and emotions printed in all the posts, we all care about Dennis and I am sure he knows our feelings about the situation. A not so good lesson for all of us to see how words are very powerfull and should be chosen wisely. My mother was right again when she would say to me, "If you don't have anything nice to say, then don't say anything at all".The persons responsible know who they are and will have to live with it themselves,what comes around goes around, and in the end they will hopefully know they were in the wrong.Dennis, if you need anything or want to just smoke up the tires,978-836-8551 is my cell.

Don't worry Dennis, when you decide you need a joyride I have a spare BLACK car you can borrow if you clean it and take it to Pete to reflash it

1994 GT Convertible
    1997 COBRA **SOLD**
    2003 GT Convertible
    2013 Mustang GT 5.0 **SOLD**
    2019 F150 Lariat Luxury

Dennis, i heard the news and was pretty disgusted. It's 2013, not 1957 anymore. Please be aware that line of thinking is the MINORITY today and not the majority.

I am sorry for your family and that you personally had to deal with that.
    -- Ian --
    2003 10th Aniv. Cobra Convertible Torch Red
    Born on 6/18/2003 / Build # 4357 / # 489 0f 10th Aniv
    1 of 369 Torch Red 10th Aniversary cars Built

Dennis, very sorry that you had to endure that. Just awful. You are the bigger person as you kept your cool. I wish you would have stayed with the club as the very, very, very few don't represent the majority. You'll be missed.

+ Reply to Thread