+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Wings and Wheels

Quote Originally Posted by chachee52 View Post
    No coolers? That's a little crazy I think!! I always pack a cooler for drinks and snacks if I'm at any show all day.
    Wow, this show is sounding more and more like a PITA
    I was out at the no roller skates part ! Really no roller skates what gives..

Not to mention all the haz mat and weapons I was going to bring lol

2008 mustang gt kenne bell blown 610 rwp 540rwt

Quote Originally Posted by chachee52 View Post
    No coolers? That's a little crazy I think!! I always pack a cooler for drinks and snacks if I'm at any show all day.
    Wow, this show is sounding more and more like a PITA
    If you think this is a PITA, take a look at the new (post-marathon-bombing) rules for what you can't bring into an NFL football stadium. This is pretty tame compared to that. Welcome to the century of terrorism. I am not deterred - there are plenty of vendors promised to be on site. I guess if you don't want to pay the vendors then it's an issue.
    Bruce
    TFS TW heads, rockers, 75mm intake, cam, 75mm TB, CAI, MAF, DeatschWerks 35# injectors, Aeromotive rails/regulator, 255 pump, BeCool rad, alum water pump, MSD 6A/coil, alum flywheel, PP, driveshaft, McLeod clutch, Torsen T2R, 3.73, 31spline axles, 17" 95 Cobra R, NT-05 255/275, MM CC plates, coil-over (Bilstein), rlca, K-brace, A-arms, SF conns, Cobra brakes, =len shorties, 2.5" SS Hpipe, Borla CB...

Quote Originally Posted by whtmare View Post
    I was out at the no roller skates part ! Really no roller skates what gives..

Not to mention all the haz mat and weapons I was going to bring lol
    I guess gasoline doesn't qualify as haz-mat.
    Bruce
    TFS TW heads, rockers, 75mm intake, cam, 75mm TB, CAI, MAF, DeatschWerks 35# injectors, Aeromotive rails/regulator, 255 pump, BeCool rad, alum water pump, MSD 6A/coil, alum flywheel, PP, driveshaft, McLeod clutch, Torsen T2R, 3.73, 31spline axles, 17" 95 Cobra R, NT-05 255/275, MM CC plates, coil-over (Bilstein), rlca, K-brace, A-arms, SF conns, Cobra brakes, =len shorties, 2.5" SS Hpipe, Borla CB...

Quote Originally Posted by ToplessPony94 View Post
    If you think this is a PITA, take a look at the new (post-marathon-bombing) rules for what you can't bring into an NFL football stadium. This is pretty tame compared to that. Welcome to the century of terrorism. I am not deterred - there are plenty of vendors promised to be on site. I guess if you don't want to pay the vendors then it's an issue.
    I actually have looked at the NFL new rules and have no issue with them. And that was in the planning WELL before the Marathon Bombings. Personally I don't see a need to bring a huge bag of crap to watch a football game. You haven't been able to bring food in for years and your there to watch the game, why do you need computers/tablets and such at the game? But that's my opinion.
    At car show's you do a lot of walking around and most of the time its in an open field with limited vendors so I usually have drinks/water in a cooler. This won't deter me from going, only weather will do that (not driving that far in the rain again this year).
    So I'll wait to register to see what the weather says about Tues/Wed to register.
    Growing older but not UP

My car now has a heater, and now has HEAT!!

I agree No Coolers is a annoyance. (Remember how well that worked at the Pease Air Show a few years ago? It was ridiculously hot, no one could have coolers and the vendors were charging insane prices for water. A lot of people ended up needing medical attention.)

Like Todd, I'll register when I have a better idea if the weather gonna hold.
    Last edited by SVT10th; 08-16-2013 at 09:35 AM.
    ---
    Jim

2010 Mercedes E550
    2000 Mazda Miata Special Edition

Sold: 2001 10th Anniversary Cobra #353
    1990 Mustang GT Convertible
    2002 Mustang GT

What's the status with this? Weather obstacle has been removed. Looks to be nice..

Meet up plans finalized?
    SVT COBRA

Quote Originally Posted by Jibber View Post
    What's the status with this? Weather obstacle has been removed. Looks to be nice..

Meet up plans finalized?
    I'm in, just about to register. Kind of sounds like its just Jim, Bruce, Jibber and me so far. I think that if we meet on Rt 3 either at the park and ride on 113 or the Mobile station the next exit down on Westford Rd that way we can get snacks/drinks for the road (not to put in the coolers!!!), and gas up if we need that too.
    7ish?
    Growing older but not UP

So FYI, we can no longer register for the car show online. It must be done at the show now. O well.
    Growing older but not UP

Todd, How about 7:30? Don't really feel like leaving at 6:30 in the am.

Bruce, Kevin,
    You want to meet at 7-ish somewhere around Hudson and cruise down to pick up the Mass contingent? Wheres a good place?
    ---
    Jim

2010 Mercedes E550
    2000 Mazda Miata Special Edition

Sold: 2001 10th Anniversary Cobra #353
    1990 Mustang GT Convertible
    2002 Mustang GT

Quote Originally Posted by SVT10th View Post
    Todd, How about 7:30? Don't really feel like leaving at 6:30 in the am.

Bruce, Kevin,
    You want to meet at 7-ish somewhere around Hudson and cruise down to pick up the Mass contingent? Wheres a good place?
    We can meet in Hudson at the old Stop & Shop parking lot (the store just closed, so plenty of room!) right near the Haffner's gas station and where the Sagamore Bridge meets Lowell Road (where Wason Rd. meets Lowell Rd. too) Very easy access to Rt. 3 from there. What say you guys?

One more thing: While I'm not one for getting up early, it does say that all cars must be on the show field by 10:00AM, so we can't leave too late.
    Last edited by ToplessPony94; 08-20-2013 at 09:58 PM.
    Bruce

+ Reply to Thread