+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Fire at Dealership

WOW! That got HOT! Thank God it was alone when it threw a tantrum! Do they know the cause yet? I assume the NHSB and NTSB would be interested!
    Bruce
    TFS TW heads, rockers, 75mm intake, cam, 75mm TB, CAI, MAF, DeatschWerks 35# injectors, Aeromotive rails/regulator, 255 pump, BeCool rad, alum water pump, MSD 6A/coil, alum flywheel, PP, driveshaft, McLeod clutch, Torsen T2R, 3.73, 31spline axles, 17" 95 Cobra R, NT-05 255/275, MM CC plates, coil-over (Bilstein), rlca, K-brace, A-arms, SF conns, Cobra brakes, =len shorties, 2.5" SS Hpipe, Borla CB...

Thats crazy. Get a Ford Escape.
    SVT COBRA

So if I missed, why was it in the shop?

yeah..lots of questions here Jim...we need answers!!!
    -- Ian --
    2003 10th Aniv. Cobra Convertible Torch Red
    Born on 6/18/2003 / Build # 4357 / # 489 0f 10th Aniv
    1 of 369 Torch Red 10th Aniversary cars Built

I wanna know if it's ok to park next to one anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by 390gtconv View Post
    I wanna know if it's ok to park next to one anywhere.
    What happened to Jim on this thread?? How dare he leave us hanging like this.
    SVT COBRA

No resolution yet. Seeing what my insurance gives me, then I'll see what Nissan does.

Cause seems to be the main wiring harness was rubbing against something and shorted. Not a lot of detail yet. Probably know more after the holiday.
    ---
    Jim

2010 Mercedes E550
    2000 Mazda Miata Special Edition

Sold: 2001 10th Anniversary Cobra #353
    1990 Mustang GT Convertible
    2002 Mustang GT

I finally settled with the insurance. With some help from my agent (Barry's daughter Amanda) I got a really good settlement check.

There's no real information on the cause. It happened at 1:30 in the morning so no one was around. They said security footage showed the flames start under the hood and involve the whole front of the car. Sprinkler systems doused it, but not before the fire got hot enough to melt a nearby computer and ruin some mechanic's tools -- not to mention melting a lot of the aluminum components of the engine. The dealer says nothing was hooked up to it, it was just sitting waiting for service on Monday. Nissan (corporate) is obviously taking a look to make sure this isn't something that could affect all Jukes. Kind of a mystery to all involved.

Last night I just picked up my replacement -- a 2013 Nissan Altima SL 3.5. It's a 3.5 V6 with nearly 300hp. The thing freaking SCREWS. It is faster than any of the v8s I've owned except for the Cobra. It's loaded -- there's not a single factory option that it doesn't have. Full Nav, Bluetooth, blindspot warning, lane departure warning, Google integration, satellite radio, leather, heated seats, heated steering wheel,19" wheels, Xenon lights, yada, yada,. I'm blown away by the tech and amenities in this thing. I've seen $40k+cars that don't match this. It even has seats that were designed by NASA -- some sort of technology that reduces body fatigue during long drives. Originally I was looking at a lightly used Maxima, but the new Altima makes the current Maxima look like your grandfathers Oldsmobile. (At least until they redesign the Maxima for 2015)
    Oh, and it gets better gas mileage than the Juke, despite having twice the engine and being twice the size.
    Altima.jpg
    ---
    Jim

2010 Mercedes E550
    2000 Mazda Miata Special Edition

Sold: 2001 10th Anniversary Cobra #353
    1990 Mustang GT Convertible
    2002 Mustang GT

Thats good news Glad it worked out so well for you. Car looks very nice Best of luck with it

WOW, Jim! Looks like you're being treated right. Good to hear.

I'm surprised it got hot enough to melt that computer. The pic you posted looked like there was still air in the tires after the fire. You will probably never hear about the cause - most likely they will keep it very quiet unless it results in a recall.

Good luck with the new wheels - you've had enough excitement around your DD for a while!
    Bruce
    TFS TW heads, rockers, 75mm intake, cam, 75mm TB, CAI, MAF, DeatschWerks 35# injectors, Aeromotive rails/regulator, 255 pump, BeCool rad, alum water pump, MSD 6A/coil, alum flywheel, PP, driveshaft, McLeod clutch, Torsen T2R, 3.73, 31spline axles, 17" 95 Cobra R, NT-05 255/275, MM CC plates, coil-over (Bilstein), rlca, K-brace, A-arms, SF conns, Cobra brakes, =len shorties, 2.5" SS Hpipe, Borla CB...

+ Reply to Thread