+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Next Show I look forward to on 5/26 is...

Next Show I look forward to on 5/26 is...

The Memorial weekend Clock Tower show in Londonderry across from Ford of Londonderry on rt 102.
    A favorite of Ed's!

It's my tune up car show prior to going to Carlisle Ford Nationals on 6/7
    Last edited by 390gtconv; 05-16-2013 at 11:50 AM.

Have fun George.
    Is Ed bringing the Jeep? After all he does have the Call of Duty Black Ops edition Jeep. Definitely show worthy.
    SVT COBRA

Spoke with Ed last nite, he most likely can't go because of his church commitment. However rain date is Monday, he could do.

memorial day and labor day weekends are never good times for me...usually doing something
    -- Ian --
    2003 10th Aniv. Cobra Convertible Torch Red
    Born on 6/18/2003 / Build # 4357 / # 489 0f 10th Aniv
    1 of 369 Torch Red 10th Aniversary cars Built

Quote Originally Posted by TorchredSVT View Post
    memorial day and labor day weekends are never good times for me...usually doing something
    Yeah, I always thought sticking a show on the middle day of a 3 day weekend is a dumb idea. I've never been able to make it yet, though I'm thinking it might work out this year.
    Bruce
    TFS TW heads, rockers, 75mm intake, cam, 75mm TB, CAI, MAF, DeatschWerks 35# injectors, Aeromotive rails/regulator, 255 pump, BeCool rad, alum water pump, MSD 6A/coil, alum flywheel, PP, driveshaft, McLeod clutch, Torsen T2R, 3.73, 31spline axles, 17" 95 Cobra R, NT-05 255/275, MM CC plates, coil-over (Bilstein), rlca, K-brace, A-arms, SF conns, Cobra brakes, =len shorties, 2.5" SS Hpipe, Borla CB...

Quote Originally Posted by TorchredSVT View Post
    Tough to be popular.
    It's only 1 day out of 3 and a good excuse not to do yard work or car repairs and just chill.

Quote Originally Posted by 390gtconv View Post
    Tough to be popular.
    It's only 1 day out of 3 and a good excuse not to do yard work or car repairs and just chill.
    Yes, but 3 day weekends have two issues. For those with kids, every sports league in the country wants to have a tournament on those weekends. It's also a good opportunity for those who want to go away for the long weekend, and often not in their show car.
    Bruce
    TFS TW heads, rockers, 75mm intake, cam, 75mm TB, CAI, MAF, DeatschWerks 35# injectors, Aeromotive rails/regulator, 255 pump, BeCool rad, alum water pump, MSD 6A/coil, alum flywheel, PP, driveshaft, McLeod clutch, Torsen T2R, 3.73, 31spline axles, 17" 95 Cobra R, NT-05 255/275, MM CC plates, coil-over (Bilstein), rlca, K-brace, A-arms, SF conns, Cobra brakes, =len shorties, 2.5" SS Hpipe, Borla CB...

Quote Originally Posted by ToplessPony94 View Post
    Yes, but 3 day weekends have two issues. For those with kids, every sports league in the country wants to have a tournament on those weekends. It's also a good opportunity for those who want to go away for the long weekend, and often not in their show car.
    Ya hypothetically speaking ya IF you have young kids there maybe a game but would be a Sat morning because most leagues know families busy. That said fair about of folks here do not have YOUNG kids in leagues anymore so it's not the issue. For me, don't wanna deal with the "get away" traffic. Used to own a family house down the Cape. NO fun to get to any time. Heck, at xmas time I wait to do my shopping during a snow storm, no crowds!!

Quote Originally Posted by 390gtconv View Post
    IF you have young kids there maybe a game but would be a Sat morning because most leagues know families busy.
    Actually those tournaments go on non-stop for all three days of the weekend. Take it from one who spent many, many three day weekends in bleachers of basketball courts. Unless your kid's team isn't very good, you're there all weekend cuz they even have a ladder for the losing teams.

I agree whole-heartedly about the "get away" traffic, but I'm not the only one with a vote!
    Bruce

Diff kids, are into diff sports. I'd bet only a select few of all the families on this site involved in tournament thing. Many do sports every Sat.
    As far as bad weekends, remember our clubs show on FATHER's Day. It's a special day for many but yet no shortage of people to show up.

+ Reply to Thread