+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: My Sincerest Thanks to NH Mustang Club and all our members!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RMACH1 View Post
    It was good to attend this event as just a spectator. Although some people thought it was a good laugh, I had all I could do to attend under my conditions of a few fractured ribs, bruised kidney and spleen...(some people thought it was a big joke) However, I managed to attend in my 09 GT ( automatic, it was easier to drive).
    I wish alot of success in the future of this, and hopefully going forward I may attend another.

thanks for the burger btw.... (all though Henri and my friend Kevbro were told to step aside and let other people who actually attended the event get ahead of them for the BBQ....WTF is up with that?????)

Thought I would mention a few things incase anyone wonders why I stepped away
    Probably because they were starting to run out of food and they wanted to save some for the people who actually paid to race, and our guests at the PFH ceremony. Most of the soldiers (some of whom came from far away at our invitation) didn't get any food, and the guest of honor, Ray Calero, almost didn't. Also some folks were seen walking away with 3-4 hotdogs and hamburgers when others hadn't gotten a chance yet, and our honored guests were still at the ceremony and hadn't had a chance to eat yet.
    Bruce
    TFS TW heads, rockers, 75mm intake, cam, 75mm TB, CAI, MAF, DeatschWerks 35# injectors, Aeromotive rails/regulator, 255 pump, BeCool rad, alum water pump, MSD 6A/coil, alum flywheel, PP, driveshaft, McLeod clutch, Torsen T2R, 3.73, 31spline axles, 17" 95 Cobra R, NT-05 255/275, MM CC plates, coil-over (Bilstein), rlca, K-brace, A-arms, SF conns, Cobra brakes, =len shorties, 2.5" SS Hpipe, Borla CB...

Ed you deserve the biggest thanks!!!!!! All of the time you dedicate is awesome!! Your a great guy and I am glad to associate myself with fine people like yourself

Quote Originally Posted by RMACH1 View Post
    Bruce, did you say that to all the other people who did not race, and just showed their cars? I think you should have a conversation with Ed, and learn the meaning of Ed Day. I have attended many more than you have and have done far more than you can imagine. I will keep this in the back of my head going forward....Bruce.
    I was not pointing any fingers at any individual, and certainly not at you. You have my sincere apology if you feel I was responding directly to you as an individual - it was intended as a general response to anyone who may have been wondering what was going on. As for having a conversation with Ed; BEFORE Ed Day I did have many conversations with Ed. Ed himself was concerned about the food situation and Ed himself said that he wanted to make sure that those who had paid money to race in the Charity Challenge, the Lynn Tech students who worked on PFH, the soldiers and Ray Calero should have priority on the food. I was intimately involved with Ed in the planning of this Ed Day with Ed and any assumption of anything else is just that - an assumption. Again, not trying to start a war with anyone - certainly not with you, just stating the facts. Ed is on this forum and is welcome to chime in. FWIW, I didn't ask anyone to get out of line, though I did try to take Ray Calero to the front of the line (which he humbly refused) after the ceremony was over. I could not have done so in any case, as I was at the ceremony, not back at the food tent.
    Last edited by ToplessPony94; 05-03-2012 at 05:24 PM.
    Bruce
    TFS TW heads, rockers, 75mm intake, cam, 75mm TB, CAI, MAF, DeatschWerks 35# injectors, Aeromotive rails/regulator, 255 pump, BeCool rad, alum water pump, MSD 6A/coil, alum flywheel, PP, driveshaft, McLeod clutch, Torsen T2R, 3.73, 31spline axles, 17" 95 Cobra R, NT-05 255/275, MM CC plates, coil-over (Bilstein), rlca, K-brace, A-arms, SF conns, Cobra brakes, =len shorties, 2.5" SS Hpipe, Borla CB...

for the record people who showed their cars also paid to do so

Quote Originally Posted by KillaGT View Post
    for the record people who showed their cars also paid to do so
    OK, Killa, I can see I should have been more specific about a few things in my response. First, let me thank you immensely for your participation in the honor parade for Ray Calero. And your car is surely a sight to see! Nice job.

Please correct me if I am wrong, but my understanding is that those showed their cars paid the NED spectator fee to get in.

Those who raced in the Charity Challenge paid the (higher) racer entry fee to NED to get in and also paid an additional fee to Ed to race in the Charity Challenge, which went toward the prize money. I believe that total of these amounted to at least 5 times the spectator fee. I was referring to the fee paid to Ed in my response. Sorry if there was any confusion.
    Bruce

Learn from the past. Since there was many folks at track not involved with club or ED day could very well have also been in line. That said I'd suggest that next year (since we co-exist with other non participants) we issue a meal ticket with registrations, spelling out 1 burger or dog on ticket. After initial crowd goes thru open up to all and 2nds. Seen it done other places.

Also a BIG HELP to Ed is IF more folks did the "pre reg", that way he has better idea of head count. Boy what a concept. I had talk with Ed on this. Most folks are their own worst enemy because they wait 'til they get to track. Well guess what, food already bought. That to me is the bigger issue!!! People need to commit earlier.
    Easy solution I think.

thank you lol I thought the money I paid at the gate went to the charity? I at least hope so because I gave $20 for the show & told the girl I want to donate additional and I gave her additional. This was my 1st ed day so I hope I understood correctly? Refardless i really enjoyed the event & meeting new people. What I did notice was guys walking away with 2&3 burgers plus hot dogs in 1 shot, I did think that was tasteless as well. It probally also did help it was announced there was food on the track pa after the ceremony

Quote Originally Posted by 390gtconv View Post
    Learn from the past. Since there was many folks at track not involved with club or ED day could very well have also been in line. That said I'd suggest that next year (since we co-exist with other non participants) we issue a meal ticket with registrations, spelling out 1 burger or dog on ticket. After initial crowd goes thru open up to all and 2nds. Seen it done other places.

Also a BIG HELP to Ed is IF more folks did the "pre reg", that way he has better idea of head count. Boy what a concept. I had talk with Ed on this. Most folks are their own worst enemy because they wait 'til they get to track. Well guess what, food already bought. That to me is the bigger issue!!! People need to commit earlier.
    Easy solution I think.
    I was just going to chime in with the same exact sentiment.! I figured exactly what happened would happen as you said as soon as I heard the announcement for free food.... I had a feelign the stands would empty and I figured you would ultimately end up with more than just the Ed day participants ,in the meal line, regardless of whether they were there to show their car or race their car !! I think we eneded up with the Test & Tune corwd and their fmailys as well from the looks of it..

I personally didn't go over to the food , nor did I have my GF or daughter head over when I saw what was going on.. I just grabbed some chicken fingers from the tracks concession stand and then later when my buddie that came up, he brought up Lobstaaah meat and we made sandwiches so it all worked out for me, sorry it didn't work out for some. I am sure that wasn't the intent...

I actually didn't attend the event for the food anyways, I went for the cause and that's all that mattered to me !!
    I am very glad I got my 2012 NH ED DAY PLATE !!! I think it was the last one by the time I saw it.

Again, great Idea George!! Meal ticket with Registration !! what a concept !! :-)'
    Last edited by MY-S281; 05-03-2012 at 07:39 PM.
    Barry ~~AKA~~ B
    2001 Saleen S281 Convertible ~ True Blue Metallic # 614
    KB Supercharged ~385 rwhp / 394 rwtq @ 10psi
    1/4 Mile Time : 12.91 @107.67

Obviously, this year was a learning experience. We had alot more going on than in previous years. We had 160 burgers and 200 hot dogs. I'm sure the Test and Tune crowd was responsible for consuming a good portion of it, that was my mistake in announcing it, but from what I saw, most of the people in our area were friends or family of someone involved in ED DAY in one way or another. We had 30 kids/ teachers from Lynn Tech that did a heck of a job on the PFH car, I wanted to make sure they got to eat, as they were out on the track with us for the ceremony and didn't exactly get first dibs on the food. We had 48 guys that paid over 70.00 to race between Charity Challenge and NED fees. Car show entrants were charged at the door, and most of them helped out with the event.
    Next year we won't have anywhere near as much going on, so the food situation won't be an issue.
    At the end of the day there was at least 40 hot dogs and buns left over, because I tried to send people home with all the left overs
    Last edited by LILBLKSNAKE; 05-03-2012 at 10:23 PM.

1994 GT Convertible
    1997 COBRA **SOLD**
    2003 GT Convertible
    2013 Mustang GT 5.0 **SOLD**
    2019 F150 Lariat Luxury

Considering all of the different aspects of this year I think people who stepped up to help out AKA the cooks the entire event didn't miss a beat and again I will say Great Job and thank you to all who helped out

+ Reply to Thread