+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread: IMPORTANT -- World of Wheels

OK, lets get a couple of things straight:

1. Photos are much easier to upload to FB than to the Forum, as Ian indicated.
    2. Regardless of what Dennis says, this show is a lot of work -- 4 days, 4 trips back/forth to Boston. And if anyone thinks differently, they are welcome to participate, or just come help out.
    3. Stop bitchin and moanin about whether to use Facebook or the Forum. Some like FB, some like to Forum. I try to post announcements and things of importance on both.
    4. I actually prefer FB because there is so much crap posted on the Forum. Just look at this post -- 7 pages of comments, most of which is not worth the time it took to write.
    5. As far as photos are concerned, I took a lot and they will be posted, WHEN I have the time to do it. It's been two days since the show ended, so give me a fuc---- break.
    6. I, for one, am disappointed that only a handful of members showed up to support our participation as a club in this event.

OK, enough venting on my part. But if anyone doesn't like the way something is done, why not be part of the solution instead of making useless noise about it!!!!

2003 Cobra "Terminator" Convertible
    Last Dyno Run = 496 rear wheel hp, 490 foot pound of torque

Administrator

Omg people

Im sorry we all dissapoint so many people all of the time , you think we just sit around at WOW , for one thats not true , for another i had to take several days off to do this , i can not afford this but i did it ! it also cost each one of us out of our own pockets to go do this to drum up memberships for the club , between all of the trips down (gas and parking not to mention the entrance fee ) we all spent around 200 bucks out of our own pockets with a smile on our face , most of the people complaining didnt even show up ! yes i took pictures with my phone and put them on FB ,thats what i know how to do ,i dont know how to post the pictures from my phone to the forum , why couldnt somebody with a camera that knows how, show up an help us by taking pictures !its so easy for people to be criticle!

As for the new schedule it will be up soon , we have had some growing pains with the forum and the server , its being worked on !

We have had people in the past that were supposed to be responsible for putting pictures on the web site , once again things that fell thru ! as i always say anyone that wants to step up we can always use the help !

if you have a complaint call me ! dont always put it all over the forum !

also last time i checked the forum and FB both use the internet !

WE WORK HARD AT ALL TIMES FOR THIS CLUB FOR NOTHING BUT THE PEOPLE THE CARS AND THE FUN !

Ive been doing this for along time !

nhmc pres Rick Lacourse

PS.. thanks to those that did show up to support us , Ed, Ian , Jibber , Amy, Joe , Mike , Marie , Jess , and im sure i missed a couple that i didnt see ,

Also thanks to those that brought there cars , Randy , Jim, Kieth, Marie , Rick ,Mark P signed up but my bad i didnt get the car done ,

Jim got first in class , Kieth got second ,
    i got first in my class, Marie got best in class ,
    Randy got second we did good

sorry for my rant

Administrator

Forgot one

Ryan was there to help also , thanks Ryan

Jeff Newey and Camaro Bruce showed up. They might have been missed though because part of the show they were in costume for the DRAG racing display

1994 GT Convertible
    1997 COBRA **SOLD**
    2003 GT Convertible
    2013 Mustang GT 5.0 **SOLD**
    2019 F150 Lariat Luxury

Photos are up on Facebook. As far as putting them up on the Forum, I spent an hour last night (late) uploading them to the Forum, but for whatever reason they weren't accepted. So for all of you who don't like FB, you can either view the photos there or not at all...

One More Thing

Ian was correct, the turnout on Saturday was considerably less than in prior years, but the turnout on Sunday was just the opposite. The place was packed. Approximately 15% to 20% of those who preregistered cancelled because of the snowstorm (and salt on the roads) from earlier that week. But the WOW staff did a great job to fill every one of those slots at the last minute.

Administrator

sorry jeff and bruce

yes i did forget jeff and bruce , thanks for coming by guys , i think they made a weekend of it ,had pictures all over FB !

i think a couple of members came by while i was out of the both hanging out with my daughter , sorry i missed you ,

Rick, Randy and the rest. I can't speak for others who are upset about FB thing, but I know how much work WOW is for you guys. I know I appreciate all that you do for the club, even though like most of us I probably don't even know everything that you do. I never had any intention of criticizing any individuals. What I have a problem with is a situation, not an individual.

I don't know who decided that the NHMC FB page should be a members-only page and I don't care who decided that. Again, I'm not looking for someone to crucify for any reason. The issue is that a members-only page forces people to join FB or they can't view it. I think 95% of the issue would go away if that could be relaxed. Are we hiding something over there? If not, then who cares if the world can see it just like they can see the club website and this forum? Maybe a setup where only members can post over there? That would be fine with me - I have no interest in posting on FB.

The problem occurs when someone posts on the forum that something is "available on FB" but only some people can see it. If it's your own car project or whatever, that's your right and I respect that. If it's club business or events, I (and I believe others) have a problem with that. It makes some members second class members. Can't we fix that? It doesn't sound difficult. Clearly I can't fix that or I would do so, so it doesn't seem reasonable to expect me to be "part of the solution" on this one. This will be my last post on the subject. It will either get fixed or it won't from here forward. If there is some way I can help in fixing it, please let me know - I'll be happy to help.

As far as supporting the club at WOW, I had every intention of being there. As the saying goes, "Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans." What was supposed to be one day of working on my car over a month ago has turned into 5 days and it's far from done yet. I spent all last weekend working on it trying to get ready for the season this year, and more than half of the previous three weekends. I'll be doing the same again Friday and Saturday of the coming weekend and it will still not be done, but I do hope I will at least be able to get it to the welder. In the current state it is not drivable and could not pass state inspection (and, yes, April is my inspection month).

So, no, I didn't make it to WOW this year. Sincere congratulations to all who won, I'm certain it was well deserved. Thank you for the effort you put in representing the club!
    Bruce
    TFS TW heads, rockers, 75mm intake, cam, 75mm TB, CAI, MAF, DeatschWerks 35# injectors, Aeromotive rails/regulator, 255 pump, BeCool rad, alum water pump, MSD 6A/coil, alum flywheel, PP, driveshaft, McLeod clutch, Torsen T2R, 3.73, 31spline axles, 17" 95 Cobra R, NT-05 255/275, MM CC plates, coil-over (Bilstein), rlca, K-brace, A-arms, SF conns, Cobra brakes, =len shorties, 2.5" SS Hpipe, Borla CB...

+ Reply to Thread