+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Best car Batteries - reviews

Cool Best car Batteries - reviews

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/comp...f0c43fc9&ei=14

Interesting both Motorcraft & Diehard batteries made by same mfg - CLARIOS.

Guess it's why I like/use both today.

Personally, I swear by Optima batteries. Not cheap but you definitely get what you pay for. One year my charging system wasn't working, but I drove from my home in Hudson to Ed Day in Epping and almost all the way back home on my Optima Red Top battery that wasn't getting charged at all. I made it to Londonderry on the way back and had to get towed the rest of the way to Hudson from the parking lot at St. Jude's church in Londonderry.

Not great for drag racing though. These batteries are heavy.

https://www.optimabatteries.com/?gad...hoCsPwQAvD_BwE
    Bruce
    TFS TW heads, rockers, 75mm intake, cam, 75mm TB, CAI, MAF, DeatschWerks 35# injectors, Aeromotive rails/regulator, 255 pump, BeCool rad, alum water pump, MSD 6A/coil, alum flywheel, PP, driveshaft, McLeod clutch, Torsen T2R, 3.73, 31spline axles, 17" 95 Cobra R, NT-05 255/275, MM CC plates, coil-over (Bilstein), rlca, K-brace, A-arms, SF conns, Cobra brakes, =len shorties, 2.5" SS Hpipe, Borla CB...

IIRC an Otima battery is ok for many, but I believe if you run one down to dead, that's it, it won't recharge.
    Better batteries out there.

I did run The Optima Red Top down to dead and it's been fine. Best battery I've ever had and I've had Motorcraft, Duralast and Diehard. I can't speak for the other Optima models, but I love the Red Top.
    Bruce
    TFS TW heads, rockers, 75mm intake, cam, 75mm TB, CAI, MAF, DeatschWerks 35# injectors, Aeromotive rails/regulator, 255 pump, BeCool rad, alum water pump, MSD 6A/coil, alum flywheel, PP, driveshaft, McLeod clutch, Torsen T2R, 3.73, 31spline axles, 17" 95 Cobra R, NT-05 255/275, MM CC plates, coil-over (Bilstein), rlca, K-brace, A-arms, SF conns, Cobra brakes, =len shorties, 2.5" SS Hpipe, Borla CB...

Oh my! I can't believe I made this stupid mistake.

I don't have an Optima battery, I have an Odyssey battery! Everything I said below does NOT apply to the Optima Red Top, it applies to the ODYSSEY EXTREME! I am so sorry for getting this completely wrong.

https://www.odysseybattery.com/
    Bruce

+ Reply to Thread