+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 8th Annual ED DAY at New England Dragway "Charity Challenge"

Quote Originally Posted by SVT10th View Post
    How about "Most Cantankerous Mustang Driver" (Cantankerous means grumpy, for those of you still working through Hooked On Phonics)
    We'd have a 14 way tie

1994 GT Convertible
    1997 COBRA **SOLD**
    2003 GT Convertible
    2013 Mustang GT 5.0 **SOLD**
    2019 F150 Lariat Luxury

not that I race...but i like the team aspect of it. With 64 racers, chances are you'd have people picking the same charities anyways........

maybe have the individuals just attach themselves to a charity instead of a team?

also, Todd...max is going to have some fierce competition this year. Sweet Dee and her sister Martini will most likely be in attendence
    -- Ian --
    2003 10th Aniv. Cobra Convertible Torch Red
    Born on 6/18/2003 / Build # 4357 / # 489 0f 10th Aniv
    1 of 369 Torch Red 10th Aniversary cars Built

Quote Originally Posted by TorchredSVT View Post
    not that I race...but i like the team aspect of it. With 64 racers, chances are you'd have people picking the same charities anyways........
    I have to agree - the teams make it more fun and a bit less cut-throat, which is what Ed Day is about - fun. It also means there are people on your team definitely willing to help each other with problems, which I think encourages those of us (like me) who don't really drag race much to get out there.

maybe have the individuals just attach themselves to a charity instead of a team?
    Maybe, but I still like the teams. And currently we have a rule that you can't run against your teammates. If too many individuals picked the same charity it would mess this up quite a bit. So far we've never had two members of the same team in the finals, either. I think the teams keep it more about the charities than the individual, which is the point of it.
    Bruce
    TFS TW heads, rockers, 75mm intake, cam, 75mm TB, CAI, MAF, DeatschWerks 35# injectors, Aeromotive rails/regulator, 255 pump, BeCool rad, alum water pump, MSD 6A/coil, alum flywheel, PP, driveshaft, McLeod clutch, Torsen T2R, 3.73, 31spline axles, 17" 95 Cobra R, NT-05 255/275, MM CC plates, coil-over (Bilstein), rlca, K-brace, A-arms, SF conns, Cobra brakes, =len shorties, 2.5" SS Hpipe, Borla CB...

Hey I learned a big word myself this week "THANKSGIVING"
    Quote Originally Posted by SVT10th View Post
    How about "Most Cantankerous Mustang Driver" (Cantankerous means grumpy, for those of you still working through Hooked On Phonics)

also, Todd...max is going to have some fierce competition this year. Sweet Dee and her sister Martini will most likely be in attendence
    No bribing people with drinks!!!! Max is now offically old and he doesn't need to bribe people to win.
    Growing older but not UP

My car now has a heater, and now has HEAT!!

Quote Originally Posted by KillaGT View Post
    when you scheduling date?
    One NE Dragway makes the schedule for 2013 I pick my day

1994 GT Convertible
    1997 COBRA **SOLD**
    2003 GT Convertible
    2013 Mustang GT 5.0 **SOLD**
    2019 F150 Lariat Luxury

+ Reply to Thread