+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Coming this summer: Gas stations running out of gas

Coming this summer: Gas stations running out of gas

Bruce
    TFS TW heads, rockers, 75mm intake, cam, 75mm TB, CAI, MAF, DeatschWerks 35# injectors, Aeromotive rails/regulator, 255 pump, BeCool rad, alum water pump, MSD 6A/coil, alum flywheel, PP, driveshaft, McLeod clutch, Torsen T2R, 3.73, 31spline axles, 17" 95 Cobra R, NT-05 255/275, MM CC plates, coil-over (Bilstein), rlca, K-brace, A-arms, SF conns, Cobra brakes, =len shorties, 2.5" SS Hpipe, Borla CB...

Yea yea, everything blamed on Pandemic for next 4 years.
    My counter point to that is:
    More people working from home, less driving, more electric cars now than before.
    NOT worried about gas, it'll be there.

Story I read today, ANYONE with a pool may not be able to find chlorine this summer. Big plant had fire last year, while trying to recover business, shortage of plastic bottle due to ... guess what... pandemic.

I've always said EV cars not whole answer. read how complicated it will become in a few years to deal with all those dead batteries!!!
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/techn...?ocid=msedgdhp

Yeah, those batteries are going to be a problem. Another reason I think hydrogen fuel cells will eventually be the answer. Very little to try to recycle and the only byproduct is water.
    Bruce
    TFS TW heads, rockers, 75mm intake, cam, 75mm TB, CAI, MAF, DeatschWerks 35# injectors, Aeromotive rails/regulator, 255 pump, BeCool rad, alum water pump, MSD 6A/coil, alum flywheel, PP, driveshaft, McLeod clutch, Torsen T2R, 3.73, 31spline axles, 17" 95 Cobra R, NT-05 255/275, MM CC plates, coil-over (Bilstein), rlca, K-brace, A-arms, SF conns, Cobra brakes, =len shorties, 2.5" SS Hpipe, Borla CB...

Dead batteries are a ecological nightmare hazard. How do you dispose of the batteries when they're dead safely.

Hydrogen sounds great, EXCEPT, what does hydrogen put into the atmosphere - Moisture and what does overabundance of moisture due, will also wreak havoc in the long run. I think it's time to get back to horse and buggy. I'll take a true Mustang.

Quick Question, and you can throw something at me if you want. Normally dues are paid at the annual meeting, but, since none this year, anyone have any ideas on the dues. Nothing on facebook

Quote Originally Posted by marinedad View Post
    Hydrogen sounds great, EXCEPT, what does hydrogen put into the atmosphere - Moisture and what does overabundance of moisture due, will also wreak havoc in the long run. I think it's time to get back to horse and buggy. I'll take a true Mustang.
    Well... not really. To get the hydrogen they crack water into hydrogen and oxygen, which adds oxygen to the ecosystem and removes water. When the hydrogen reacts with oxygen in the fuel cell to create power, the oxygen that was added to the ecosystem is removed again and the water that was removed is restored, so it's pretty much a net wash (no pun intended). And the energy needed to crack the water into hydrogen and oxygen is way less than the energy needed to produce refined gasoline. It's not perfect, but tons better for the the earth than gasoline, which is sad to have to admit.
    Bruce

Quick Question, and you can throw something at me if you want. Normally dues are paid at the annual meeting, but, since none this year, anyone have any ideas on the dues. Nothing on facebook
    What I'm planning to do is print the form from the club web site (http://www.nhmustangclub.com/membership.html) and give it to Rick or Marie with a check at the first cruise night that I attend, hopefully May 1st. Assuming Rick or Marie is there, of course.
    Bruce

My brother inlaw (club member) recently asked same thing about dues.
    Was that discussed at secret Pizza Meeting???

Summers not over..... but so far I'm glad this prediction was wrong.

Keep the pumps flowing!!!
    SVT COBRA

+ Reply to Thread