+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Club Breakfast - ..

2021 Club Breakfast - .. & Covid shots

Just dreaming. Be nice when we can do this again....

Just had my 1st Covid shot Saturday at Walgreens, on my way to safer summer...
    Was told Walgreens getting their supply from the Federal level, not the states. So their were able to move my late March appt up..
    Last edited by 390gtconv; 03-04-2021 at 08:48 PM.

Covid Vaccine

Just out of curiosity, did you have to make an appointment or did you just go there and how long did you have to wait in line. I know the VA was giving them Saturday, first come first serve. I didn't go because I figured the line would be insane, and, I'm already scheduled for this Wednesday at the Park N Ride. Any adverse affects? Glad you were able to get the shot.

My orig appt was scheduled from my on line registration.
    Last Thur got a call from NH Health Dept. Was a little skeptical of call at first (lots of scams) but when he mentioned my scheduled date, no one else could have known that.
    They asked if I wanted to go to Walgreens this past Sat or Sunday. Once I agreed to Sat, they cancelled my orig appt in March.

I have an older brother inlaw got his appt on line before me (early March) but he hasn't heard anything yet.

An older VA friend did go to VA in Manchester yesterday 45 minutes before it was to open. Said line already around building, no parking. So he left. According to news they did just under 600 Vets before ran out. They'll try to do again soon.

My wife works @ VA in Manchester so she's had both shots. The 1st pretty smooth, (I just have a sore arm). The 2nd shot hits people differently. My wife had chills, aced all over for about a day. Then cleared up. Worth the risks.

The Walgreens shot itself, two seconds. The biggest hassle was the paperwork, getting logged into the system. They'll give a verification shot card, you carry if you need to travel.

Oh and my doctors office suggested I take Tylenol just before the shot and again later on. I did, guess it helped.

I got my first shot (Moderna) on 2/1. Just a sore arm the next day. Felt a bit like I walked into a door frame or something. No big deal at all.

I'm scheduled for my second shot on 3/3. My doctor advised Aleve (naproxen) the day of the second shot and the next day. I'll report on how it went on 3/4 I guess.

My wife got the Pfizer first shot on 2/3 and will get the second on 2/25. I'll report on that, too. She just had the sore arm after the first shot as well.
    Last edited by ToplessPony94; 02-17-2021 at 10:31 AM. Reason: Correct drug to read Aleve
    Bruce
    TFS TW heads, rockers, 75mm intake, cam, 75mm TB, CAI, MAF, DeatschWerks 35# injectors, Aeromotive rails/regulator, 255 pump, BeCool rad, alum water pump, MSD 6A/coil, alum flywheel, PP, driveshaft, McLeod clutch, Torsen T2R, 3.73, 31spline axles, 17" 95 Cobra R, NT-05 255/275, MM CC plates, coil-over (Bilstein), rlca, K-brace, A-arms, SF conns, Cobra brakes, =len shorties, 2.5" SS Hpipe, Borla CB...

Both my wife and mind Moderna.
    When I questioned which type of aspirin see said Tylenol, not Advil. So interesting the difference. I guess read up, ask when you go for shot

Thanks for the info. Guess I'll find out tomorrow how it goes. I didn't go to the VA because I knew it would be crazy. I called them a couple of weeks ago about getting the shot, and, they said they were still doing just 75 and older. I meet the qualifications - over 65 with 2 of the health issues caused by agent orange. They were supposed to call me - never did. Oh well at least people are starting to get inncoculated.

My wife works for the VA also, but, not at the hospital. Her office is out of Cleveland and from what she understands employees in Cleveland were able to go the VA hospital there to get the shots.

Update, had some routine blood work done done so at my doctor's this morning. I asked her " what's the deal taking aspirin "?
    She said early on different rules, information was out.
    The latest is don't take Any aspirin, Advil before shot. Said if you should get exposed same time, it'll make you feel worse. Then went on to say, once home and you need to take aspirin, go ahead, Tylenol ok, not sure about Advil.
    But take nothing before shot. Was today's ruling.

Exclamation Oops!

I spoke with my doctor and she said I was mistaken. She had advised Aleve (naproxen) and NOT Advil (ibuprophen) be taken AFTER the SECOND shot on both the day of the shot and the day after. She stood by the recommendation. I have corrected my original post below.
    Bruce
    TFS TW heads, rockers, 75mm intake, cam, 75mm TB, CAI, MAF, DeatschWerks 35# injectors, Aeromotive rails/regulator, 255 pump, BeCool rad, alum water pump, MSD 6A/coil, alum flywheel, PP, driveshaft, McLeod clutch, Torsen T2R, 3.73, 31spline axles, 17" 95 Cobra R, NT-05 255/275, MM CC plates, coil-over (Bilstein), rlca, K-brace, A-arms, SF conns, Cobra brakes, =len shorties, 2.5" SS Hpipe, Borla CB...

I went this morning for the shot. Pfizer. Next scheduled March 17th. No problem, no aleve, nothing. We'll see tomorrow

+ Reply to Thread