+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: What the F happened with the Pats?

FYI, you guys are screwed for a while till you get a quarterback. And with the departure of more coaches and some key players, you will feel my pain for the past 20 years

I called it at the beginning of the season, with the entire 1st string D sitting out due to Covid, was unable to get a QB, thought Stidham would have done something but obviously they see something that we don't and that is why we didn't see him play much this year.
    We don't have any #1 receivers either, never really have had a deep threat since Moss (ok and the one game with A.B). Just a throw out year this year. Even if Brady was here, I don't think that we would have gone far, maybe a couple games better record but that's about it
    I say, suck it up now!!! Means the quicker I get season tickets
    Growing older but not UP

My car now has a heater, and now has HEAT!!

From what I saw in the Bucs/Washington game last night, I hope the Pats have been on the phone trying to corral Taylor Heinicke today! He came pretty close to knocking off Brady and the Bucs having only been on the team for 3 days and only his 2nd NFL start! That's what we need! A guy with guts and talent and spirit!
    Bruce
    TFS TW heads, rockers, 75mm intake, cam, 75mm TB, CAI, MAF, DeatschWerks 35# injectors, Aeromotive rails/regulator, 255 pump, BeCool rad, alum water pump, MSD 6A/coil, alum flywheel, PP, driveshaft, McLeod clutch, Torsen T2R, 3.73, 31spline axles, 17" 95 Cobra R, NT-05 255/275, MM CC plates, coil-over (Bilstein), rlca, K-brace, A-arms, SF conns, Cobra brakes, =len shorties, 2.5" SS Hpipe, Borla CB...

Angry This disgusts me

If Bill accepts this, I will never watch another Pats game while they are still associated with him. Period.

Bill, it’s time to take a stand here, especially if you want to call yourself a “Patriot”!

Patriots' Bill Belichick to Receive Medal of Freedom from President Donald Trump

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...aign=editorial
    Bruce
    TFS TW heads, rockers, 75mm intake, cam, 75mm TB, CAI, MAF, DeatschWerks 35# injectors, Aeromotive rails/regulator, 255 pump, BeCool rad, alum water pump, MSD 6A/coil, alum flywheel, PP, driveshaft, McLeod clutch, Torsen T2R, 3.73, 31spline axles, 17" 95 Cobra R, NT-05 255/275, MM CC plates, coil-over (Bilstein), rlca, K-brace, A-arms, SF conns, Cobra brakes, =len shorties, 2.5" SS Hpipe, Borla CB...

My take is simple. While Bill has been very successful, I'm not sure what Bill did to deserve this particular honor. Our current boorish, immoral President also gave this award to Rush Limbaugh, Jim Jordan and Devin Nunes, among others. If Bill willingly wants to join this crowd, I will have lost any and all respect for him, whom I otherwise very much admire. While I know Kraft, Brady and Belichick have been friendly with Trump in the past, after the past 4 years and the Capitol riot in particular, anyone who would not take a stand and participates in this farce has no place in my life.
    Bruce

Patriots coach Bill Belichick declines Trump's Presidential Medal of Freedom

Looks like Bill decided to do the right thing. Good for him!

New England Patriots head coach Bill Belichick has announced that he is declining the Presidential Medal of Freedom, which he was scheduled to receive from President Trump on Thursday. Belichick cites the “tragic events of last week” as leading to his decision.

In a statement released Monday night Belichick said, “Recently, I was offered the opportunity to receive the Presidential Medal of Freedom, which I was flattered by out of respect for what the honor represents and admiration for prior recipients."
    "Subsequently, the tragic events of last week occurred and the decision has been made not to move forward with the award. Above all, I am an American citizen with great reverence for our nation’s values, freedom and democracy,” he said.
    Bruce

+ Reply to Thread