+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What the F happened with the Pats?

What the F happened with the Pats?

What a disaster this season.....
    Whose fault is it? Bill Belichick?
    SVT COBRA

Blame Tom Brady and Matt Patricia. Everyone always blames the guys who aren't around to defend themselves. It's how the world works. And don't forget Roger Goodell -- he's always a good target for some blame, no matter for what.
    Bruce
    TFS TW heads, rockers, 75mm intake, cam, 75mm TB, CAI, MAF, DeatschWerks 35# injectors, Aeromotive rails/regulator, 255 pump, BeCool rad, alum water pump, MSD 6A/coil, alum flywheel, PP, driveshaft, McLeod clutch, Torsen T2R, 3.73, 31spline axles, 17" 95 Cobra R, NT-05 255/275, MM CC plates, coil-over (Bilstein), rlca, K-brace, A-arms, SF conns, Cobra brakes, =len shorties, 2.5" SS Hpipe, Borla CB...

Well, being a Dolphins fan, its been a long time coming and glad its here. Its been a log 20 years for me! Pats, comes down to bad planning. You had your QB in Jimmy G, Brady pushed him out, lack of draft picks and bad ones at that by Belacheat, lack of spending on players, and then you pick up a QB that nobody wanted at the last minute who cant throw a pass if he had to. Its is going to take some time to be good again as you are now looking up at the Bills and Dolphins who are in much better shape with personnel and draft picks. Just goes to show you how valuable Brady was and how its turned around in Tampa.

I hear ya Jimmy. I'm sure you know my reply was "tongue-in-cheek." I've never been a fan of Cam. I have to admit he did a bit better than I thought he would over the season. I find myself cheering for the Chiefs and Mahomes. Not trying to be a fair weather fan for the Pats, but there's a good story there in KC and I can't help enjoying their success. Nothing against the Bucs, though I know a lot of Pats fans hoped Brady would fall on his face. Nothing against the Dolphins for that matter.
    Bruce
    TFS TW heads, rockers, 75mm intake, cam, 75mm TB, CAI, MAF, DeatschWerks 35# injectors, Aeromotive rails/regulator, 255 pump, BeCool rad, alum water pump, MSD 6A/coil, alum flywheel, PP, driveshaft, McLeod clutch, Torsen T2R, 3.73, 31spline axles, 17" 95 Cobra R, NT-05 255/275, MM CC plates, coil-over (Bilstein), rlca, K-brace, A-arms, SF conns, Cobra brakes, =len shorties, 2.5" SS Hpipe, Borla CB...

Early in season with such a roster mix up & Cam's past rocky play and injuries, no surprise Pat's were so so.
    For next year, MY guess ALL new QB's, & maybe Belichick retires!!!!

Somehow I don't see Bill retiring after one losing season. Not his style.

New, QBs, yeah! Though I hope they give Stidham a chance to grow -- seems like a good deal of promise there.
    Bruce

Well part one of my prediction may happen.
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...id=hplocalnews
    posted today 1/2/21

Yeah, that seemed fairly certain to happen. Hoyer doesn't seem competitive, either. But I was glad to see the last sentence in the article:

"Backup Jarrett Stidham is the only Patriots quarterback under contract for the 2021 season."
    Bruce

Don't see how it will happen, but, a lot of talk by Sports announcers about possibly Jimmy G coming back. I didn't hear about the 49er's releasing him, however, he seems to be injury prone

Quote Originally Posted by marinedad View Post
    Don't see how it will happen, but, a lot of talk by Sports announcers about possibly Jimmy G coming back. I didn't hear about the 49er's releasing him, however, he seems to be injury prone
    He sucks. Hopefully he's not coming back
    SVT COBRA

+ Reply to Thread