+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2020 Winter MODs?

2020 Winter MODs?

Anyone planning MODs over the winter?

I'm thinking of doing the Big wire upgrade, big 240amp alternator and a heavy duty starter...
    That should take care of the occasional heat soak starting problems i sometimes have.
    SVT COBRA

Unless I do some long tubes on my Shelby, no. I cant believe I am actually saying that. Every year for the last 10 I have done something over the winter. I think I might be done ??????????

Nuttin' !?!
    Bruce
    TFS TW heads, rockers, 75mm intake, cam, 75mm TB, CAI, MAF, DeatschWerks 35# injectors, Aeromotive rails/regulator, 255 pump, BeCool rad, alum water pump, MSD 6A/coil, alum flywheel, PP, driveshaft, McLeod clutch, Torsen T2R, 3.73, 31spline axles, 17" 95 Cobra R, NT-05 255/275, MM CC plates, coil-over (Bilstein), rlca, K-brace, A-arms, SF conns, Cobra brakes, =len shorties, 2.5" SS Hpipe, Borla CB...

2020 Mods

Nothing here either

I know I know! It will feel weird not doing anything to either but I think i am done for the most part. I have not done anything to my 07 for years now ,that car has really turned into the trailer queen. Since the two golds at the two MCA national events I am using that car for the big national car shows, going for a grille medallion through MCA. Doesn't mean I wont drive it, just more on a limited basis. Hopefully this year will bring back some events to go to but will have to see. World of Wheels in Boston is no more, that usually kicked off the season. As for the Shelby, just some basic stuff like a clutch, shifter, and possibly some long tube headers. My fear their it will be to loud ! Really would like to squeak out a little more hp, nice to hit 850 hp, but again it would needs headers, E85, etc to get another 17/20 hp at the wheels so we'll see. Pete's got me pretty dialed in already at 717 hp at the wheels, 740 torque which puts me at 825 plus at the motor. One way or the other, both cars will go through my normal winter clean up routine with many hours underneath the cars cleaning and shinning up everything, minor paint correction for any minor scratches on the paint, all wheels and tires come off and get ceramic or sealant applied to the rims, wheel wells get cleaned, engine bays done, interiors buttoned up. Hopefully it will snow and I can get outside instead ! LOL

Yellow car just got off-road X-pipe and magnaflows. Still need to install 3.73's, JLT cold air and tune it.
    Black car probably just going out for paint correction and ceramic coating

1994 GT Convertible
    1997 COBRA **SOLD**
    2003 GT Convertible
    2013 Mustang GT 5.0 **SOLD**
    2019 F150 Lariat Luxury

Just took advantage of Black Friday Promo and got the Alternator.
    Now I need to look for a starter.
    SVT COBRA

Quote Originally Posted by Jibber View Post
    Just took advantage of Black Friday Promo and got the Alternator.
    Now I need to look for a starter.
    What did you get for an alternator?
    Bruce
    TFS TW heads, rockers, 75mm intake, cam, 75mm TB, CAI, MAF, DeatschWerks 35# injectors, Aeromotive rails/regulator, 255 pump, BeCool rad, alum water pump, MSD 6A/coil, alum flywheel, PP, driveshaft, McLeod clutch, Torsen T2R, 3.73, 31spline axles, 17" 95 Cobra R, NT-05 255/275, MM CC plates, coil-over (Bilstein), rlca, K-brace, A-arms, SF conns, Cobra brakes, =len shorties, 2.5" SS Hpipe, Borla CB...

Quote Originally Posted by ToplessPony94 View Post
    What did you get for an alternator?
    J2 Fabrication. Powder coated and big wire upgrade.
    SVT COBRA

+ Reply to Thread