+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Car Newspapers.... wondering

Car Newspapers.... wondering

It be nice to be able to read something positive & hopeful, like Whips Wheels & Ed's MOTORHEAD magazine.
    But with current state of events we're in, not promising.
    Normally, Whips Wheel comes out ~ end of April. It might but... guessing NO shows for quite some time.
    My 67 is awake and out of my enclosed trailer but may not be used much...

Quote Originally Posted by 390gtconv View Post
    It be nice to be able to read something positive & hopeful, like Whips Wheels & Ed's MOTORHEAD magazine.
    But with current state of events we're in, not promising.
    Normally, Whips Wheel comes out ~ end of April. It might but... guessing NO shows for quite some time.
    My 67 is awake and out of my enclosed trailer but may not be used much...
    Same for my 07 GT. Having all the big national shows cancelled wont be reg or insp this year I believe. Stick with the Shelbty and my F150 Harley Davidson truck
    Do you get Mustang Times etc?

I put my Nittos back on the Stang yesterday and took it out. I plan to drive it this summer whether there are shows or not. It's a car, I can drive it and I will. April is my inspection month, so I will have to get that done on both that and the Fusion DD. n There may be less traffic for a change this summer, making driving more enjoyable, but I can't say I'm in favor of the reason behind that - COVID-19!

From the Whip's Wheels web site:

IMPORTANT MESSAGE FROM THE PUBLISHER
    Change of plans. We won't be printing our first issue of the season in mid-April for these reasons:

The first issue would have come out on April 15. However, many of the places we distribute to are closed until some time in May. I realize that auto parts stores are open but the reality is people are hesitant to venture out, especially with the stay-at-home order in place into May.
    2. Restaurants that host cruise nights and car shows are giving us TENTATIVE opening dates that can change. Whip's Wheels is not in the business of guessing and passing along uncertain dates. You readers rely on us for accurate, definite information. Publishing a list of "maybes" is not something we intend to do.
    3. Deadline is just a few days away and our Cruise News and Calendar are largely but understandably incomplete at this point.
    4. The safety of our staff and you car owners is our priority.The longer we avoid face-to-face interviews, the better the chance of us staying healthy.
    5. It appears that many of the car shows that were scheduled for May will likely be re-scheduled for later in the summer. That gives us things to cover and include in later issues.
    6. WE WILL PUBLISH 6 ISSUES THIS SEASON. The only difference is the first issue will hit the streets May 13 (just when most cruise nights start); the final issue will hit the street October 14. Most of us are still cruising then.
    I apologize for any inconvenience. We have never changed our schedule before, but the current situation is unprecedented and we need to adjust for the reasons above.
    If you have any questions, feel free to call. Thank you.
    Steve Whipple
    603-437-3273

Bruce
    TFS TW heads, rockers, 75mm intake, cam, 75mm TB, CAI, MAF, DeatschWerks 35# injectors, Aeromotive rails/regulator, 255 pump, BeCool rad, alum water pump, MSD 6A/coil, alum flywheel, PP, driveshaft, McLeod clutch, Torsen T2R, 3.73, 31spline axles, 17" 95 Cobra R, NT-05 255/275, MM CC plates, coil-over (Bilstein), rlca, K-brace, A-arms, SF conns, Cobra brakes, =len shorties, 2.5" SS Hpipe, Borla CB...

Also from Whip's Wheels:

We just heard yesterday that all May and June car shows scheduled at the Anheuser-Busch plant in Merrimack, NH have been cancelled. Organizers will have to decide if they can re-schedule for later in the summer or fall.

Bruce
    TFS TW heads, rockers, 75mm intake, cam, 75mm TB, CAI, MAF, DeatschWerks 35# injectors, Aeromotive rails/regulator, 255 pump, BeCool rad, alum water pump, MSD 6A/coil, alum flywheel, PP, driveshaft, McLeod clutch, Torsen T2R, 3.73, 31spline axles, 17" 95 Cobra R, NT-05 255/275, MM CC plates, coil-over (Bilstein), rlca, K-brace, A-arms, SF conns, Cobra brakes, =len shorties, 2.5" SS Hpipe, Borla CB...

Good work Bruce, thanks!!!

Jimmy what year HD pick-up? My oldest son has an 2005 I think, F350 supercrew HD. Love his ghost flames

Good work Bruce, thanks!!!

Jimmy what year HD pick-up? My oldest son has an 2005 I think, F350 supercrew HD. Love his ghost flames
    2008 f150. Its a rust free truck. This one is in Harley black with orange and black stripes. Spent a bunch of time detailing it with a two step paint correction, Adams Ceramic Spray Coating and Ceramic Boost on the outside, interior, under hood etc.
    IMG_5081.JPGIMG_5082.JPGIMG_5086.JPGIMG_5083.JPGIMG_5106.JPG

Sweet, the plate is the clue. lol
    My son's '05 is also rust free, he flew to North Carolina to buy it, a southern truck never driven in snow.

Sweet, the plate is the clue. lol
    My son's '05 is also rust free, he flew to North Carolina to buy it, a southern truck never driven in snow.
    That will do it !
    We got it for my son a couple years back and he was driving it, he got a new truck

Since George and Jimmy took the thread off point with their Bromance on trucks lets get back on topic.

Anyone pick up a Whips Wheels yet?
    SVT COBRA

Kevin, don't hate trucks, they have four wheels too. You needs trucks.. You've been missing for last five years, now you need attention? "We're all in this together"! lol

Whips:
    https://www.facebook.com/whipswheels/
    Sucks, looks like Cruz'n Down Town Manchester labor day Cancelled!!
    Last edited by 390gtconv; 06-17-2020 at 07:09 AM.

+ Reply to Thread