+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dying Car generations?

Dying Car generations?

Often times I think about about cars and how they lose their appeal to the buying audience.

As people get older, we see whole generations of cars that people dont care about.
    Although I appreciate these cars and the care that people put into them, I'm not in the market to buy them.

I think about myself and growing up in the 80s where the Fox Body Stang was the car to have.
    I would probably buy a car from that time period, but definitely nothing older.

Is this a thing? Or, just a thing for me?
    SVT COBRA

Your just weird ! LOL

I'm not sure it's an age thing or when you grew up. I grew up with the 50s and 60s cars. My Dad had a 57 Chevy and I could sincerely appreciate it, and it was difficult for me to sell it (didn't have anyplace to keep it) because it was Dad's, but I wasn't really attached to it in any other way. I was in high school in 64 when the first Mustang came out. Again, I totally, totally appreciate the 60s Mustangs as well as the 70s and Fox cars - but speaking only for myself, I find that the only Mustang prior to 94 that I would be moved to actually own is a 70, probably a Boss 351. I was following the race circuit around a good part of the country during the time that the Bud Moore Mustangs were winning it all, which may have something to do with my love for the 70. Parnelli Jones, George Follmer and Dan Gurney were my heroes. I'm grateful that others love some of the other years enough to own them and preserve them, as well as the other makes and models. There are few cars indeed that I would be glad to see relegated to the scrap heap of history. But for myself I'm happy to own my 94 and would love to find the right 70 before I'm too old to drive.
    Bruce
    TFS TW heads, rockers, 75mm intake, cam, 75mm TB, CAI, MAF, DeatschWerks 35# injectors, Aeromotive rails/regulator, 255 pump, BeCool rad, alum water pump, MSD 6A/coil, alum flywheel, PP, driveshaft, McLeod clutch, Torsen T2R, 3.73, 31spline axles, 17" 95 Cobra R, NT-05 255/275, MM CC plates, coil-over (Bilstein), rlca, K-brace, A-arms, SF conns, Cobra brakes, =len shorties, 2.5" SS Hpipe, Borla CB...

Bruce can attest an awesome collection of all generations of cars show up at the Carlisle Ford Nationals.
    Get to see what others collect & do with them.

Quote Originally Posted by 07 stang gt View Post
    Your just weird ! LOL
    Haha. You're right.
    SVT COBRA

+ Reply to Thread