+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Carlisle

Unhappy Carlisle

I notice that the Carlisle Events web site at this time says they will continue to hold all events. I'm not sure that's wise, but I feel so bad for those folks. Even if they are allowed to hold things, attendance will probably be a drop in the bucket. That whole town and surrounding area survives on those events. They will likely be devastated.

https://carlisleevents.com/docs/defa...9-outbreak.pdf
    Bruce
    TFS TW heads, rockers, 75mm intake, cam, 75mm TB, CAI, MAF, DeatschWerks 35# injectors, Aeromotive rails/regulator, 255 pump, BeCool rad, alum water pump, MSD 6A/coil, alum flywheel, PP, driveshaft, McLeod clutch, Torsen T2R, 3.73, 31spline axles, 17" 95 Cobra R, NT-05 255/275, MM CC plates, coil-over (Bilstein), rlca, K-brace, A-arms, SF conns, Cobra brakes, =len shorties, 2.5" SS Hpipe, Borla CB...

It's like anything else Bruce.

We'll see what happens. Personally, I'm glad that I'm not going.
    SVT COBRA

I'm going. But a lot unknown.
    As I read today, researchers have a LOT to learn. One is does this virus work similar to flu? Meaning as we all know, worse in winter (because of drier air) fades away in summer (moist air)?
    They don't know, yet. If so this summer things will calm down with COVID-19 but come back this fall.
    Note, the world a much cleaner place. Have to what and see as warmer times & better hygiene come. Next fall maybe worse than this summer.
    Don't think people wanna stay in home for full year until vaccine comes out.

I would be surprised if its a go. Every show or event with more than 10 people will be shut down I would imagine in the upcoming days or weeks. All shows and awards banquets as well as the GT 500 Track Tour in Charlottesville Speedway that I was supposed to attend, all cancelled. Until this situation calms down and the uncertain conditions were in now, all is smart to shut it down

Safe bet shorter term, most stuff gets cancelled.
    But the unknown is "warmer weather" and what'll happen, if virus slows or no change. It's an unknown. Some think may slow in summer, come back again in fall/winter, like the common flu.
    So world on hold for a full year, until a "flu type shot comes out???
    Who knows..

I also read scientists looking at a connection based on over seas case in regards to different blood types. Some seem to test better than others.

Quote Originally Posted by Jibber View Post
    It's like anything else Bruce.

We'll see what happens. Personally, I'm glad that I'm not going.
    Agreed. I couldn't go this year anyway, but it seems unlikely that the wedding I'm supposed to be at that weekend will happen now anyway.

As for warmer weather, that doesn't seem to be currently slowing it down much "down under" or in warmer Pacific areas, so I am personally skeptical it will abate for the summer.
    Bruce
    TFS TW heads, rockers, 75mm intake, cam, 75mm TB, CAI, MAF, DeatschWerks 35# injectors, Aeromotive rails/regulator, 255 pump, BeCool rad, alum water pump, MSD 6A/coil, alum flywheel, PP, driveshaft, McLeod clutch, Torsen T2R, 3.73, 31spline axles, 17" 95 Cobra R, NT-05 255/275, MM CC plates, coil-over (Bilstein), rlca, K-brace, A-arms, SF conns, Cobra brakes, =len shorties, 2.5" SS Hpipe, Borla CB...

Just read Carlisle web site, on bottom of there page, Corvid-19 note.
    As of now Spring and other shows are a go!! They're taking extra steps and cleaning stations.
    Get

I won't be going regardless.
    Bruce

Why take the risk George?

You barely go to any local events as it is.....

Is Carlisle fun? Sure it is. But with people coming from all over, it seems reckless to want to go to an event that will have 100s of people attending that you have no idea where they've been and who they've come into contact with.
    SVT COBRA

We'll see what June time frame brings. So much unknown in medical field right now. Blood type, climate, age.
    Going to an outdoor car show that will be providing cleaning station, having 3 prior months of awareness.

In my job, we provide training, products to help keep America safe, what we do. So fully aware.

As far as car shows, helping at the major weekend ones is ok. My work hours haven't allowed me to do week nights. I drive by Mann's Orchard on way home from work and do stop in. I don't see Jibber there.

I'm a person that for most part almost is never sick. While most get the common flu, I don't.
    Medical folks believe it's a genetic thing. My son Chris, same way.
    Not worried
    Last edited by 390gtconv; 03-21-2020 at 01:00 PM.

+ Reply to Thread