+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Corona Virus

So much has happened in a month.

My thoughts of this being nothing was way off.
    Crushes the stock market and unemployment rates skyrocket.
    $8.5 Billion turns into 2 TRILLION.
    And the deaths are piling up.

What's next?
    SVT COBRA

I can tell you what I HOPE is next.

The numbnuts in the White House is trying to reopen the country when we should be doing the opposite.

#1: Dead people don't contribute to the economy even if you don't care that they die (and I DO care).

#2: Fortunately the numbnuts doesn't really control that - hopefully the states, counties and municipalities that actually have that power and are closer to the disaster and more intelligent and empathetic will ignore any attempt to reopen the country and keep stay-at-home orders in place until we get through this.

#3: if anyone thinks this doesn't make sense, look at the examples already out there that we can learn from; those that let their guard down too soon are getting a second wave, while those that didn't are under control and healthy. Nearly a third of the world’s population are living under coronavirus- related movement restrictions. They got it before we did and they are proving it is working. The US should be able to be as smart as they are and follow their example.
    Last edited by ToplessPony94; 03-26-2020 at 12:07 AM.
    Bruce
    TFS TW heads, rockers, 75mm intake, cam, 75mm TB, CAI, MAF, DeatschWerks 35# injectors, Aeromotive rails/regulator, 255 pump, BeCool rad, alum water pump, MSD 6A/coil, alum flywheel, PP, driveshaft, McLeod clutch, Torsen T2R, 3.73, 31spline axles, 17" 95 Cobra R, NT-05 255/275, MM CC plates, coil-over (Bilstein), rlca, K-brace, A-arms, SF conns, Cobra brakes, =len shorties, 2.5" SS Hpipe, Borla CB...

Tonight we became the #1 country in the world with deaths.
    I've said before, I feel this be similar to flu, may die down during summer, but pop up next fall/winter.
    Then at least handle with a vaccine
    Last edited by 390gtconv; 03-26-2020 at 07:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 390gtconv View Post
    Tonight we became the #1 country in the world with deaths.
    I've said before, I feel this be similar to flu, may die down during summer, but pop up next fall/winter.
    Then at least handle with a vaccine
    Vaccine wont be available by this fall....Maybe by next Spring.

Yeah, it's the flu on steroids. Mortality rate is much higher than the Flu.
    SVT COBRA

Corona Virus

Dennis,

I meant no disrespect about your mother. I'm glad she's doing well, as is my 96 year old mother in law. All I was saying was the hype about the deaths were mostly older people who were already having health issues. It has become worse. I hope everyone stays safe

Yes just read, experts saying that vaccine maybe, maybe ready in 18 months from now. That's a hopeful thought.

I under stand and she is fine at the moment. My Son Kevin who travels all over the world tested positive for the virus last Sunday. Feeling OK no fever aches all over headache and has lost his sense of smell
    Doctor said that was part of what the virus does. So right now my plate is pretty full.And watching the numbers go up doesn't look like it's going to end anytime soon. People think it may quiet down when it gets warmer
    when it was at it's peak in China temp average was 84 degree's and humidity was way up also. So I don't think summer will be the answer hope I am wrong.

Corona

They're saying it won't peak for at least 2-4 more weeks. Not a very sobering thought. Dennis glad your son is doing OK. I wish they would have called it something else, now I feel like a cold drink with a lime

Best to you & family Dennis

Thanks George

+ Reply to Thread