+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Corona Virus

Corona Virus

What's your thoughts on this one?

The hysteria doesnt add up to me..... overall deaths are less than the average FLU season numbers.

Why is everyone so nervous? Is it the unknown?
    SVT COBRA

For me it's the fact that the US has actually done little to prepare. Plus our President hacked hell out of the funding for CDC and healthcare and research, as well as appointing people who have no idea what they are doing to handle the situation. But I'm sure that goddam wall will stop the virus, yessir! No worries there!

And while little South Korea appropriated $13B to fight the virus, the POTUS requested $2.5B and thinks $8.5B is too much. Right!

https://www.cnn.com/2020/02/27/politics/trump-coronavirus-response-market-meltdown-backlash/index.html

Last edited by ToplessPony94; 02-27-2020 at 09:34 PM. Reason: add link
    Bruce
    TFS TW heads, rockers, 75mm intake, cam, 75mm TB, CAI, MAF, DeatschWerks 35# injectors, Aeromotive rails/regulator, 255 pump, BeCool rad, alum water pump, MSD 6A/coil, alum flywheel, PP, driveshaft, McLeod clutch, Torsen T2R, 3.73, 31spline axles, 17" 95 Cobra R, NT-05 255/275, MM CC plates, coil-over (Bilstein), rlca, K-brace, A-arms, SF conns, Cobra brakes, =len shorties, 2.5" SS Hpipe, Borla CB...

So far not big issue in US, UNTIL they mis-handle things.
    Pence - doesn't have faith in science nor ANY medical background.

We'll see.
    Italy was supposed to be a country that "knew what to do", they messed up too.

I'll move up north for a month, see what happens

I guess Pences prayers havent worked.

What a disaster this thing is.
    NBA, NHL and NCAA all suspended or canceled.
    SVT COBRA

BOTH car shows, WOW in Boston and also the show this weekend at the Big E in Springfield is not happening either. BUMMER !!

Corona virus

This is absolutely ridiculous. The news media has created mass hysteria. Have you gone to the store lately. There's nothing. People are hording for nothing. There's no toilet paper. Toilet paper - how much toilet paper do you need. There's no water. I haven't seen it this bad even when we were expecting a noreaster People are absolutely nuts. And how many people have actually died. The majority were old people in a nursing home somewhere. Absolutely ridiculous

Quote Originally Posted by marinedad View Post
    This is absolutely ridiculous. The news media has created mass hysteria. Have you gone to the store lately. There's nothing. People are hording for nothing. There's no toilet paper. Toilet paper - how much toilet paper do you need. There's no water. I haven't seen it this bad even when we were expecting a noreaster People are absolutely nuts. And how many people have actually died. The majority were old people in a nursing home somewhere. Absolutely ridiculous
    I
    I guess my Mother who is 102 years old and in a nursing facility in Manchester God forbid she contracts it and passes In your words it would be no big deal or I guess I should quote you as it's
    "ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS" I guess your the type who falls to the back of the line for caring about your fellow man

Yes, the toilet paper hoarding is ridiculous, not to mention selfish and uncaring of others.

But the rest of it, not so much. As a person with three extra risk factors I am in favor of others taking reasonable precautions. I don't see why it's silly to stock up to have enough provisions to be able to self-quarantine for 14 days.
    Bruce
    TFS TW heads, rockers, 75mm intake, cam, 75mm TB, CAI, MAF, DeatschWerks 35# injectors, Aeromotive rails/regulator, 255 pump, BeCool rad, alum water pump, MSD 6A/coil, alum flywheel, PP, driveshaft, McLeod clutch, Torsen T2R, 3.73, 31spline axles, 17" 95 Cobra R, NT-05 255/275, MM CC plates, coil-over (Bilstein), rlca, K-brace, A-arms, SF conns, Cobra brakes, =len shorties, 2.5" SS Hpipe, Borla CB...

No reason to wipe the shelves of tuna fish, ALL the frozen meals, etc, & ALL the cough medicines - which wouldn't help Covid -19.
    Hoping in couple days with people having hoarded for a month plus, shelves should start to stay filled. Worse case the virus is a 14 day thing not to hoard 2 months worth Seeing people buy qty 3 - 9 paks of TP is just STUPID...

Us car guys will get by ok..
    Garage guys be safe from virus.jpg
    Last edited by 390gtconv; 03-15-2020 at 08:29 AM.

This thing is spinning sideways fast right now. My daughter has told me friends that she knows in the military are currently training how to shut down cities and people movement. That's a Wow moment for sure.
    Listening to the news this morning it was said that half of all Americans will get this virus.
    Assuming 160 million are infected with the 3.5% mortality rate of this virus, that will be approximately 4.5 million deaths.
    The numbers are staggering to say the least.

As Dennis said, his mother is highly at risk as well as my 80+ year old parents.... Let's take it up 10 notches.

It's gotten real!
    SVT COBRA

+ Reply to Thread