+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2020 gt500

Hybrid View

2020 gt500

Ok, I'll ask the question first , Do you like the new 2020 Mustang GT500 that debuted yesterday at the Detroit Auto Show ? IMO it is one sexy looking car, but with no manual shifter, it might be a deal breaker for me. I'm old school, I want to shift my car, other than that I love it. I guess the value of my 2013 GT 500 just went up !! Opinions in the new car …..

2020 gt 500

It is one sexy beast for sure. When I was reading the description, according to Car & Driver, they're saying possibly 2 transmission will be offered, 6 speed manual and 10 speed auto. So, don't give up yet. When I was 18 shifting was fun, now, going 50 feet between stop lights around here, I'd rather put it in D and let the car do all the shifting. But, hey, that's me

Clearly a game changer in many respects. But no interest on my part unless there's a manual tranny. And IMHO they just keep finding more and more ways to make the nose uglier and uglier on the latest generation of Mustangs.
    Bruce
    TFS TW heads, rockers, 75mm intake, cam, 75mm TB, CAI, MAF, DeatschWerks 35# injectors, Aeromotive rails/regulator, 255 pump, BeCool rad, alum water pump, MSD 6A/coil, alum flywheel, PP, driveshaft, McLeod clutch, Torsen T2R, 3.73, 31spline axles, 17" 95 Cobra R, NT-05 255/275, MM CC plates, coil-over (Bilstein), rlca, K-brace, A-arms, SF conns, Cobra brakes, =len shorties, 2.5" SS Hpipe, Borla CB...

Like it better than the current one!! But the pics I saw had a wing that needs to go. Reminds me too much of a Civic wing....? Also the automatice is one of those turn knob like in Audi. I need something to rest my arm when driving :-)
    Don't care if there isn't a manual, my knee doesn't like them that much anyway, I'll just have Jen keep her Mini for that experience. Hell, what am I thinking? I'm never going to be able to get one anyway LOL
    Growing older but not UP

My car now has a heater, and now has HEAT!!

Yeah, I have one of those turn knob shifters in my Fusion hybrid. It and I have declared a truce, but I still hate it. Yeah, I forgot to mention the wing. Yuck! I guess with that nose they had to do something to make the rear equally ugly...
    Bruce
    TFS TW heads, rockers, 75mm intake, cam, 75mm TB, CAI, MAF, DeatschWerks 35# injectors, Aeromotive rails/regulator, 255 pump, BeCool rad, alum water pump, MSD 6A/coil, alum flywheel, PP, driveshaft, McLeod clutch, Torsen T2R, 3.73, 31spline axles, 17" 95 Cobra R, NT-05 255/275, MM CC plates, coil-over (Bilstein), rlca, K-brace, A-arms, SF conns, Cobra brakes, =len shorties, 2.5" SS Hpipe, Borla CB...

Wink 2020 gt 500

You're right about the wing. It does remind me a lot of the "tuners" running around. Maybe they'll offer it as an option, and you can opt out.

Quote Originally Posted by marinedad View Post
    You're right about the wing. It does remind me a lot of the "tuners" running around. Maybe they'll offer it as an option, and you can opt out.
    Yes, something about this car does remind me of a GT pimped by a ricer. Too bad.
    Bruce

Craig Jackson spent $1.1 million last night on vin #1. It was hard to see, but it did look like it had the wing too. I'm sure that wasn't the actual car, it was probably just the promotion car.
    Growing older but not UP

My car now has a heater, and now has HEAT!!

Yes, it was just a car to parade in front of the showgoers.
    The actual car can be ordered by the buyer in whichever color and option combo they want.

Mine: '13 Mustang GT Track Pk. 2.3L Whipple, 608 RWHP, 517 RWTQ.
    Hers: '08 GT500 '13-'14 2.3L TVS & injectors, 656 RWHP, 661 RWTQ.

+ Reply to Thread