+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2018 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE vs. 2018 Ford Mustang GT Performance Pack

Cool 2018 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE vs. 2018 Ford Mustang GT Performance Pack

New Motor Trend story as subject line states.
    Guess who got the "win", best pick?
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/auto...mage=BBIo19S|1

nice

Unhappy I read this early today

Mustang only won the mile race and did better burnouts.
    Everything else, they said it lost.

"The winner of this round?
    The Chevrolet Camaro 1LE.
    In my mind, it's not close.
    Chevy has done the near impossible, transcended the genre, and turned a once provincial pony car into an honest to goodness world-class sports car."

"in the ways that actually matter to car guys, the 2018 Mustang got its butt handed to it.
    For less money, Chevy stone-cold out-engineered Ford. And this is what that galls me.
    Not only should Ford have done a better job, but I also know they can do a better job.
    "
    2006 Vista Blue GT Deluxe,Dark Charcoal, Manual, 64W Chrome 18" Wheels,Spoiler Delete,IUP Satin, 14A,43A,17L
    Receipt Date- 01/25/06 Produced Date- 03/29/06 Arrival Date--- 04/11/06
    MODS: JLT CAI,SCT dyno tune by Pete, WebElectric sequential tail lights & pony corral, Pypes Violators, Front plate relocation,Hella 500 driving lights instead of fogs,GMS double strut brace & A-arm brace.
    2007 Alloy GT Premium Convertible,Charcoal w/Red Premium Trim Pkg.,Manual,64W wheels,3.55 gears,IUP charcoal.

Quote Originally Posted by KARMAN View Post
    Mustang only won the mile race and did better burnouts.
    Everything else, they said it lost.

"The winner of this round?
    The Chevrolet Camaro 1LE.
    In my mind, it's not close.
    Chevy has done the near impossible, transcended the genre, and turned a once provincial pony car into an honest to goodness world-class sports car."

"in the ways that actually matter to car guys, the 2018 Mustang got its butt handed to it.
    For less money, Chevy stone-cold out-engineered Ford. And this is what that galls me.
    Not only should Ford have done a better job, but I also know they can do a better job.
    "
    Now this story doesn't use the Shelby. What does the Camaro have in Shelby's class, anything? or does GM have to jump up to Corvette (diff car) to compete? Is 1LE the best Camaro has? Never mind Camaro has awful blind spots and is heavier.

GT 350 is better than ZL1

http://www.motortrend.com/cars/ford/...gt350r-review/

Camaro shed 200lbs. in 2016 to bring it in line with the Mustang weight.

Test lists:Camaro3,746 vs 3,863 lb Mustang

The ZL1 1LE weighs 60 less than that and handles even better.

The 2020 GT500 will rule all
    2006 Vista Blue GT Deluxe,Dark Charcoal, Manual, 64W Chrome 18" Wheels,Spoiler Delete,IUP Satin, 14A,43A,17L
    Receipt Date- 01/25/06 Produced Date- 03/29/06 Arrival Date--- 04/11/06
    MODS: JLT CAI,SCT dyno tune by Pete, WebElectric sequential tail lights & pony corral, Pypes Violators, Front plate relocation,Hella 500 driving lights instead of fogs,GMS double strut brace & A-arm brace.
    2007 Alloy GT Premium Convertible,Charcoal w/Red Premium Trim Pkg.,Manual,64W wheels,3.55 gears,IUP charcoal.

Now you understand why I bought a Shelby ! At almost 700 at the wheels, you better be on your game against me Chevy dudes!! LOL

+ Reply to Thread