+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Wet sanding my Shelby

Wet sanding my Shelby

Part of my winter mods on my Shelby included wet sanding it to eliminate most of the orange peel and getting a "smooth as glass" look like my 07. DO NOT ATTEMPT THIS, stick with the basics ! So as you can imagine, taking sandpaper to anything is nerve-wracking, so doing to your car is a whole other thing ! So as you can see in the pics, you need to get the orange peel eliminated by "smoothing" out the clear coat to the point there is no orange peel left and the panel has a nice clean sheen to it. I started with 2000 grit and followed up with 3000 grit. Then a 3 step paint correction to finish it off. Will top it off with a coat of Brilliant Glaze and some Patriots wax, all from Adams of course. Lots of hours but the results are amazing. Take a look at the pictures posted of the white cabinets with the Ford service sign. The first pic looks great with nice shine and depth to the paint, but look at the second pic. The lines in the cabinet and sign are now very defined and clear. Amazing results. Should be done this weekend. New hood showed up as well. Going to paint and stripe as well. FYI I tried loading all the pics and they wouldn't load correctly so missing a lot of I spoke about !! Hope you get the idea.

IMG_4404.JPGIMG_4393.JPGIMG_4407.JPGIMG_4411.JPGIMG_4422.JPGIMG_4427.JPGIMG_1765.JPG

Wow

Lot of work there Jimmy
    You are the "Energizer Bunny of Mustang Fanatics"
    Also the "Supreme Ruler of Mustang Detailers"
    2006 Vista Blue GT Deluxe,Dark Charcoal, Manual, 64W Chrome 18" Wheels,Spoiler Delete,IUP Satin, 14A,43A,17L
    Receipt Date- 01/25/06 Produced Date- 03/29/06 Arrival Date--- 04/11/06
    MODS: JLT CAI,SCT dyno tune by Pete, WebElectric sequential tail lights & pony corral, Pypes Violators, Front plate relocation,Hella 500 driving lights instead of fogs,GMS double strut brace & A-arm brace.
    2007 Alloy GT Premium Convertible,Charcoal w/Red Premium Trim Pkg.,Manual,64W wheels,3.55 gears,IUP charcoal.

Quote Originally Posted by KARMAN View Post
    Lot of work there Jimmy
    You are the "Energizer Bunny of Mustang Fanatics"
    Also the "Supreme Ruler of Mustang Detailers"
    Hahahaha

I am done wet sanding and now off to my painter to get all my other goodies added ! The depth and clarity after wet sanding took the paint to a whole new level. If you look at the drivers side quarter pics, look at the difference in the lights refection before and after the wet sanding. The after pic is much more defined in clarity. 1000 times better than the factory finish ! I am trying to add more pics, don't know if this works but will try to upload more pics again......
    IMG_1788.jpgIMG_1793.jpgIMG_1794.jpgIMG_4424.JPGIMG_4426 (1).JPGIMG_4427 (1).JPGIMG_4428.JPG

Nice

That last pic's reflection is pretty awesome
    2006 Vista Blue GT Deluxe,Dark Charcoal, Manual, 64W Chrome 18" Wheels,Spoiler Delete,IUP Satin, 14A,43A,17L
    Receipt Date- 01/25/06 Produced Date- 03/29/06 Arrival Date--- 04/11/06
    MODS: JLT CAI,SCT dyno tune by Pete, WebElectric sequential tail lights & pony corral, Pypes Violators, Front plate relocation,Hella 500 driving lights instead of fogs,GMS double strut brace & A-arm brace.
    2007 Alloy GT Premium Convertible,Charcoal w/Red Premium Trim Pkg.,Manual,64W wheels,3.55 gears,IUP charcoal.

Quote Originally Posted by KARMAN View Post
    That last pic's reflection is pretty awesome
    Thanks. The reflection is from my neighbors yard !! Cant wait till its back and can really clean it up, get it detailed and put some glaze and wax on it. Then it will look NICE !

Looks great. I'd guess you're caught up with customer business, for the moment.

+ Reply to Thread