+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Winter mods

Winter mods

Its been a long winter and I will have to say I have almost had enough. I love the winter but when its this late in Feb, spring cant come soon enough. With that in mind I have been tinkering in the garage and added some goodies to my Shelby. I just got my Shelby back from my painter and thought I would share some pics.
    Winter mods include:
    Wet sanding and buffing the car ( I did that work) Check out the reflections in the pictures off the paint !!
    Cervini GT500 ram air hood
    Roush side and rear splitters
    rocker panels painted (stripe down) pass and drivers side
    ported and polished blower intake (VMP 67 MM throttle body coming as well)
    trunk lid liner
    I might be missing something but that's a good start.
    IMG_1965.jpgIMG_1957.jpgIMG_1955.jpgIMG_1927.jpgIMG_4445.JPGIMG_4464.JPGIMG_1770.jpg

Really nice Jimmy, we'll see at this thing called ED DAY? lol

Quote Originally Posted by 390gtconv View Post
    Really nice Jimmy, we'll see at this thing called ED DAY? lol
    You will see me there.

Very nice Jimmy! I'm missing turning wrenches on my car, but those days are pretty much over for my 94. But it's still great to see what amazing things others (like you) do, and to help out if folks need it.
    Bruce
    TFS TW heads, rockers, 75mm intake, cam, 75mm TB, CAI, MAF, DeatschWerks 35# injectors, Aeromotive rails/regulator, 255 pump, BeCool rad, alum water pump, MSD 6A/coil, alum flywheel, PP, driveshaft, McLeod clutch, Torsen T2R, 3.73, 31spline axles, 17" 95 Cobra R, NT-05 255/275, MM CC plates, coil-over (Bilstein), rlca, K-brace, A-arms, SF conns, Cobra brakes, =len shorties, 2.5" SS Hpipe, Borla CB...

Thanks, I tried posting way more pics but it didn't take them. Had the same problem with forum loading pics as last time? How come your not turning wrenches anymore....?

Quote Originally Posted by 07 stang gt View Post
    How come your not turning wrenches anymore....?
    Well, my car is pretty much the way I want it so it's mostly maintenance from here on out. Got my wheels refinished and that's about it. And being retired does put a dent in the available funds, too.
    Bruce
    TFS TW heads, rockers, 75mm intake, cam, 75mm TB, CAI, MAF, DeatschWerks 35# injectors, Aeromotive rails/regulator, 255 pump, BeCool rad, alum water pump, MSD 6A/coil, alum flywheel, PP, driveshaft, McLeod clutch, Torsen T2R, 3.73, 31spline axles, 17" 95 Cobra R, NT-05 255/275, MM CC plates, coil-over (Bilstein), rlca, K-brace, A-arms, SF conns, Cobra brakes, =len shorties, 2.5" SS Hpipe, Borla CB...

Since my car doesnt leave storage until the salt and sand go away, there are no "winter" mods.

but there are a few things on the to-do list as soon as she can move.

Foglights. I have a set of crystal fogs to install. Since my sixer never came with fogs, this may include a fairly decent amount of wiring.

More stereo enhancements. Dedicated amp for the subs, might throw a cap on that. Current amp will power the 4 "normal" speakers. If Crutchfield has a sale on speakers, I may replace those as well.

Thinking of switching to LED bulbs (headlight etc)

I've started amassing some suspension components. if I get all the parts (some likely will be acquired at Carlisle this year) then that will all get installed too.

Lastly, the search is on for an 8.8 diff. The 7.5 in the sixer is getting long in the tooth , and I have NOT been gentle on it :-)
    It's alive... it's ALIIIIVVVVEEEEEEE!!!!!!!

My winter mods consist of a new cupholder for the upcoming season.

I should have been installing my new H/C/I setup instead....but I didn't..,.yet

Last edited by Mustang5L55; 02-27-2018 at 12:12 PM.
    Mike

Plenty of time to keep working on mods.... nice

cupholders

Quote Originally Posted by Mustang5L55 View Post
    My winter mods consist of a new cupholder for the upcoming season.

I should have been installing my new H/C/I setup instead....but I didn't..,.yet

Yes, but the cupholders are so practical

+ Reply to Thread