+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Supercharger and sandpaper !

Supercharger and sandpaper !

So as you guys know, I have an never ending desire for mods that are different than the norm or something that not everyone has or does. After trying to finish up my engine bay after a winter of modifications, the only thing that looked like it needed some dressing up was the supercharger to make the engine bay complete. So I had my body guy body paint just the SVT and 5.8 logo on my supercharger in blue with the period separating the 5 and 8 in red. Cool idea until I saw it. Not that he did a bad job, it was just to much. I don't know if it was to much blue with all the other mods or airbrushing, I just didn't like it. So I went back in with head down and told him I didn't like it, and he agreed ! After seeing it painted, I told him I wanted the 5.8 and SVT logos to match all the other aluminum that was under the hood like the aluminum tanks, aluminum covers etc. He told me if I use SANDPAPER and sand it down, it will shine like all the other aluminum. So VERY reluctantly I grabbed my sanding block and started sanding down the 5.8 and SVT logos !! I started with 220 grit, then 400, then 600, 1000, 1500, 2000, 2500, then finished it with 3000. I did 4 different sets of each grit, about 10 plus hours of work. I polished it with Adams metal cleaner 1 and 2 and here are the results. I might do it one more set but had enough for the time being. As with all raw aluminum, there are a couple of natural imperfections in it but compared to the stock look, I think it came out pretty cool.
    IMG_0715.JPGIMG_0716.JPGIMG_0717.JPGIMG_0718.JPGIMG_0719.JPGIMG_3624.JPGIMG_0728.JPGIMG_0726.JPGIMG_0727.JPGIMG_0735.JPGIMG_3794.JPGIMG_3796.JPGIMG_3800.JPGIMG_3801.JPGIMG_3804.JPGIMG_3805.JPG
    Last edited by 07 stang gt; 03-26-2017 at 02:30 PM. Reason: pictures added

Looks good. Pops out just enough that it looks like it came that way but something's just a little different. I like it.
    Growing older but not UP

My car now has a heater, and now has HEAT!!

You my friend are a smart man ! LOL. Thanks, that's the main reason I got rid of the paint, different and subtle. NOT TO TAKE AWAY ANYONE WHO HAS PAINTED THIER SUPERCHARGER! Just for my under hood mods the paint was to much.
    Quote Originally Posted by chachee52 View Post
    Looks good. Pops out just enough that it looks like it came that way but something's just a little different. I like it.

Looks awesome. Nice job
    SVT COBRA

Thanks !! You have a good eye, ok two good ones !!

Affirmative.
    SVT COBRA

+ Reply to Thread