+ Reply to Thread

Thread: ok, Who will be the first in the club?

ok, Who will be the first in the club?

http://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/enthu...b4R5&ocid=iehp
    You could be on your way to a 1,200-horsepower Ford Mustang for around $45,000

Or, who needs one??

It's hard enough keeping my Shelby on the pavement with 750 hp (not complaining !) so I'm good. Maybe we can all go in on it and we can share it, NHMC Club write off ??!! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by 07 stang gt View Post
    It's hard enough keeping my Shelby on the pavement with 750 hp (not complaining !) so I'm good. Maybe we can all go in on it and we can share it, NHMC Club write off ??!! LOL
    Yeah, maybe a club PACE CAR for our road rally!!

Shelby had one for over four years And its with a Kenne Bell supercharger Saw it in person at Watkins Glenn But being a Shelby it was way more than 45 K it was over 125K

All the dealer does is slap on a turbo kit and say it's capable of 1200 HP, talk about false advertisement! Anyone with half a brain knows that 6psi of boos ain't getting ya much. Im sure it works though with getting people into the dealer

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis O'Shea View Post
    Shelby had one for over four years And its with a Kenne Bell supercharger Saw it in person at Watkins Glenn But being a Shelby it was way more than 45 K it was over 125K
    that's because everything Shelby American does now a days is over priced. It's really sad what's happened to that company
    -- Ian --
    2003 10th Aniv. Cobra Convertible Torch Red
    Born on 6/18/2003 / Build # 4357 / # 489 0f 10th Aniv
    1 of 369 Torch Red 10th Aniversary cars Built

If you read the article closely, it says that it has a mustang that is $45K that can be capable of 1200 hp. It is not 1200 hp when you get it from the dealer.
    Growing older but not UP

My car now has a heater, and now has HEAT!!

Hell, a 1,00hp be ok too!!! It's all a lot

Quote Originally Posted by TorchredSVT View Post
    All the dealer does is slap on a turbo kit and say it's capable of 1200 HP, talk about false advertisement! Anyone with half a brain knows that 6psi of boos ain't getting ya much. Im sure it works though with getting people into the dealer

that's because everything Shelby American does now a days is over priced. It's really sad what's happened to that company
    I also would be worried about that deal I wonder if they did and work on the internals.I find it hard to believe that a stock engine could take all that without going BANG
    I do know that all the internals on the Shelby 1000 were completely gone through

It all comes down to money

So for $45.5K you get a stripped V8 with a twin-turbo.
    Isn't that about what it is worth? (Car+turbo+2K for installation and warranty)
    "$45,499, before taxes and fees, is a twin-turbocharged V8 Mustang that produces produces around 550 horsepower to the rear wheels at 5 psi."

Everything else will cost you a lot more, of course.
    2006 Vista Blue GT Deluxe,Dark Charcoal, Manual, 64W Chrome 18" Wheels,Spoiler Delete,IUP Satin, 14A,43A,17L
    Receipt Date- 01/25/06 Produced Date- 03/29/06 Arrival Date--- 04/11/06
    MODS: JLT CAI,SCT dyno tune by Pete, WebElectric sequential tail lights & pony corral, Pypes Violators, Front plate relocation,Hella 500 driving lights instead of fogs,GMS double strut brace & A-arm brace.
    2007 Alloy GT Premium Convertible,Charcoal w/Red Premium Trim Pkg.,Manual,64W wheels,3.55 gears,IUP charcoal.

+ Reply to Thread